Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Grant Water Guardian a Second Chance Chest, please

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Good day!

Facing the Water Guardian onboard Maruzame Castle's Water Temple in MooShu was really fun, though, truly being Book 12's last boss, he doesn't have a Second Chance Chest, even though that instance contains one battle, being a minor dungeon & all, but, I've faced some bosses in W101's minor dungeons that have SCCs after defeating them before.

I can say that this for that matter...

• Does the boss in question have unique loot? Well, I've read that he drops his own items named after him, Water Guardian's Medallion, & Water Guardian's Staff, & I can definitely say that they do count as his unique loot, so, yes he does. Check!

I don't know of any surveys for minor dungeon bosses that have unique loot & without SCCs, but, I somehow made one. I'm sure some of you don't mind.

Well, anyway, that's the quick survey for the Water Guardian to receive his Second Chance Chest. Hope he gets his SCC someday.

Thanks again for listening!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on May 20, 2015 wrote:
Good day!

Facing the Water Guardian onboard Maruzame Castle's Water Temple in MooShu was really fun, though, truly being Book 12's last boss, he doesn't have a Second Chance Chest, even though that instance contains one battle, being a minor dungeon & all, but, I've faced some bosses in W101's minor dungeons that have SCCs after defeating them before.

I can say that this for that matter...

• Does the boss in question have unique loot? Well, I've read that he drops his own items named after him, Water Guardian's Medallion, & Water Guardian's Staff, & I can definitely say that they do count as his unique loot, so, yes he does. Check!

I don't know of any surveys for minor dungeon bosses that have unique loot & without SCCs, but, I somehow made one. I'm sure some of you don't mind.

Well, anyway, that's the quick survey for the Water Guardian to receive his Second Chance Chest. Hope he gets his SCC someday.

Thanks again for listening!
Why not a SCC for all the Guardians? They all drop unique loot.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
It's a noble suggestion and I probably would use the chest a time or two...but as Esperanza stated, they all have unique loot and if 1 got a SCC, they all probably should.

But I personally don't think they need SCCs, only because of how quick each battle is, once you are finished with the original quest line. They are one-and-done battles and even at the 'proper' levels, they are going to be relatively quick battles (at max- over in a near blink). So once the actual farming begins, it will be some pretty quick farming for the unique gear, meaning you're not going to devote a tremendous amount of time to completing '1 run' of the farming. I personally don't think that quick farming, 1 battle bosses need SCCs-- and that's coming from someone with very limited time to farm (I rather enjoy saving time, by spending some money).

Buuuut, if all of the guardians were given SCC, I just may use them in the future. I do like shiny, silvery things. Hmmm, perhaps I was a little fishy in a past life.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on May 20, 2015 wrote:
Why not a SCC for all the Guardians? They all drop unique loot.
I've read their loot drops & yes, they do have unique loot drops. Maybe they do deserve SCCs, come to think of it. Even so, I would think the Water Guardian would be the first of them to have a SCC, mostly because he's Book 12's last boss. However, now that you said it, the rest of Maruzame's Guardians should have SCCs because they have unique loot drops. A nice thought, though, anecorbie. Good thinking.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
I like second chance chests, I really do. I love 'em, in fact. But honestly, if every big boss had one, they'd be so much less special. These guardians, who are all quick and dirty fights, don't really need one. As Valkoor said, even at level they're not all that tough.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Didn't anyone remember facing certain bosses in dungeons that have one battle have SCCs in W101? I distinctly remember some bosses having SCCs, even if they are in dungeons that have only one battle that mostly consists a boss monster.

Anyone remember General Akilles in Cyclops Lane, The Harvest Lord in Triton Ave., Prince Gobblestone in Colossus Blvd., & let's not forget, the dreaded Lord Nightshade in Haunted Cave in Wizard City? These are those exemplary bosses that have SCCs after defeating them because of their unique loot drops. I also remember Belloq in Twin Giants & Cipactli in Tierra de Brea having SCCs in Azteca because of their unique loot... not to mention their boss cheats being challenging, too, even if they're in dungeons that have one battle... that took more than a few minutes to win. It's true. I remember.

My point is, even if they are quick fights, even with some boss cheats, they still have unique loot no other normal boss has, & they still should have SCCs. The odds of getting unique boss loot are always fickle to all, & that's the truth.

So, Fiorenza, I know you think the Guardians don't really need SCCs, & I know you love SCCs, but to me, adding SCCs to some bosses that have unique loot, even those that are one battle only, provides Pirates a choice to spends some Crowns after winning. How they decide to use SCCs is up to them. I've seen & read that not every boss has unique loot drops of their own, many of them have only shared loot drops, too.

Maruzame's Guardians, they were tough before, but, they did give us a reasonable challenge at that time being. Even now, they still are fun to fight over & over again.