Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Flying Cobra pet- New in the Crown Shop!!!

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hello fellow piratesss and pet enthusssiastsss!

There'sss a new pet in town and it's a sssuper, sssensssational, ssslithering, ssserpent.....the Flying Cobra!!! It is available for purchassse in the Crown Ssshop for 6,500 Crownsss and it looksss pretty awesssome, if I do sssay ssso myssself!!! On the Flying Cobra'sss hood, is an amazzzing pattern in the ssshape of a ssskull and crosssbonesss!

Check out sssome picturesss of the new pet by following thisss link to the Flying Cobra on P101 Cccentral.
(If you are not a member of Central, you may not be able to view the screenshots at their 'full size'. But signing up at Central is free. Also, even if you are a member, you may have to sign in to see the full-size images)

The Flying Cobra introducccesss a new Grant into the mixxx....the Talent, Grants Accurate 1- which grantsss your pirate +1 Rank of Accuracccy. And who doesssn't like exxxtra Acuracccy?!

Your new Flying Cobra will Like Cool Ranch sssnacksss and Dessert sssnacksss, meaning it will LOVE Cool Ranch, Desssert Sssnacksss-- Tinfoil Stars, BanditO's and Buffaloon Patties!

HAPPY SSSNAKE WRANGLING TO ALL YOU SSSCALAWAGSSS!!!

Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2014
I like how you act like a sssssssnake...

Cya in the spiral!
Charming Morgan Freeman lvl 54

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
A snake, why did it have to be a snake?

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Mine hit "Loyal" at level 10. Still feeding the lil' feller snacks.

-Indigo

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
furborn74 on May 11, 2015 wrote:
I like how you act like a sssssssnake...

Cya in the spiral!
Charming Morgan Freeman lvl 54
Why thanksss ssso much and jussst how do you know that I'm acting?

Ok, in all seriousness- Welcome to the Message Boards Charming Morgan Freeman. Love that pirate name (and the actor ain't too shabby either). Hope you enjoy your time here on the boards and have a blast in the Spiral.

Nice having you aboard!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on May 12, 2015 wrote:
Lol, nice Indy reference Esperanza. You know what would be pretty funny, would be a fantastic and ironic nod to Indiana Jones....and I would absolutely love to see. A pet snake wearing a fedora and using a whip! It could be a King Cobra and can be called Black Hatter.

Decius...hmmm, whatta ya say???

Even if it doesn't happen Excellent job by the KI art, graphics and design team on the Flying Cobra-- super cool looking pet.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
anecorbie on May 12, 2015 wrote:
Better than a spider. (My apologies to Muffin!)

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
It's amazing this creature didn't spawn charming gaze. Anyone have a mongoose?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Commodore
May 31, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on May 11, 2015 wrote:

There'sss a new pet in town and it's a sssuper, sssensssational, ssslithering, ssserpent.....the Flying Cobra!!! It is available for purchassse in the Crown Ssshop for 6,500 Crownsss and it looksss pretty awesssome, if I do sssay ssso myssself!!! On the Flying Cobra'sss hood, is an amazzzing pattern in the ssshape of a ssskull and crosssbonesss!

Check out sssome picturesss of the new pet by following thisss link to the Flying Cobra on P101 Cccentral.
(If you are not a member of Central, you may not be able to view the screenshots at their 'full size'. But signing up at Central is free. Also, even if you are a member, you may have to sign in to see the full-size images)

The Flying Cobra introducccesss a new Grant into the mixxx....the Talent, Grants Accurate 1- which grantsss your pirate +1 Rank of Accuracccy. And who doesssn't like exxxtra Acuracccy?!

Your new Flying Cobra will Like Cool Ranch sssnacksss and Dessert sssnacksss, meaning it will LOVE Cool Ranch, Desssert Sssnacksss-- Tinfoil Stars, BanditO's and Buffaloon Patties!

Ssssspeaking of the Flying Cobra, imagine the possibility of hybrids from this new-fangled feller! There was a short discussion over on another site as to what may come from it, but the only one I remember being mentioned was a poison dart frog. A recent thought of my own was a lion hybrid of some sort.

Cobra = King Cobra = king of the jungle = lion

Might just be a crazy out-there thought, but it could be a possibility.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
yet another small update, (if you even want to call it that) it may buy ki some time but not for long but it is pretty cool

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
MistyDragon13 on May 12, 2015 wrote:
Ssssspeaking of the Flying Cobra, imagine the possibility of hybrids from this new-fangled feller! There was a short discussion over on another site as to what may come from it, but the only one I remember being mentioned was a poison dart frog. A recent thought of my own was a lion hybrid of some sort.

Cobra = King Cobra = king of the jungle = lion

Might just be a crazy out-there thought, but it could be a possibility.
Oh yes, Misty. That was actually my first thought when I stumbled upon the Flying Cobra in the crown shop. I logged in before KI had updated the message boards with the announcement and boy was I excited to see the new pet. Immediately I began to imagine all the possible hybrids that the Flying Cobra could lead to or be part of. I like your idea of the King Cobra and it does make sense too!

I had also thought of a Hooded Cobra hybrid that came from a pairing of the Ebon Spectre and the Flying Cobra. Just imagine a Cobra wearing an actual hood...and with glowing eyes too! I also thought that just introducing the word 'flying' into the pet world could open up a lot of possible hybrids too. I think there are some great possible hybrids that could come from this new critter and I can't wait to see what uncoils...er, I mean unfolds!

*** OOH, just thought of one: the ever athletic and buff Minotaur with the Flying Cobra for a......Hissy Fit!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I can say one thing about that pet... the Flying Cobra does have a little more max stats of Guts, Guile, & Grit than any other pet, by far.

Ensign
Feb 10, 2009
Looks kind of Krokotopian, dont you all think?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
DenicetheMenace305 on May 15, 2015 wrote:
Looks kind of Krokotopian, dont you all think?

It surely does look a bit Krokotopian, at least to me! And even though it enjoys snacks from Cool Ranch- that doesn't mean that it doesn't hail from the land of the Kroks. The Ice Scarab enjoys MooShu snacks, yet it is dropped by Aquila bosses. So, perhaps the Flying Cobra is a native to Krokotpia that just enjoys some good rootin', tootin', country cookin'. But I agree that it does have a Krok vibe to it!

Petty Officer
Jun 01, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on May 11, 2015 wrote:

You seem to be the offical thread creator around here.

I picked it up the day after it went live. So far it doesn't have anything too great to mention. Level 44 and all of its abilities are rank 2 or lower. It is currently on track to be a pvp pet.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Reckless Cedric on May 24, 2015 wrote:
You seem to be the offical thread creator around here.

I picked it up the day after it went live. So far it doesn't have anything too great to mention. Level 44 and all of its abilities are rank 2 or lower. It is currently on track to be a pvp pet.
I don't know about "official", but I may be the verbosal thread creator.

I just get a tad bit excited by the game & can't seem to hold it all in. On the day I created this thread about the Flying Cobra, I had already checked the boards & there was no mention of the new serpent & likewise no mentioning at the log-in screen. I went in game to collect from my crew & train up my other critters, like I usually do every morning. For some reason, my ssssixxxxth ssssenssse kicked in & I opened up the Crown Shop &saw the Cobra eyeballing me. Needless to say, I got pretty excited, wondered how many others had already seen or had not yet seen it & I then mad-dashed over to Central to create a thread & announce the Flying Cobra's arrival to the Spiral. By the time I had finished, came back to the message boards to post a 'look what I found thread', the boards still had not been updated & there was still no sign of the new pet on the site. So, I excitedly created this thread & posted a link to the images over on Central...hoping to share with you fellow marauders the same enthussssssiassssm that I was feeling. By the time I finished typing & submitted the new thread, alas the boards had been updated & the Flying Cobra was making 'first page news'.

So, that is the story of 'Valkoor, the Cobra & the Mouth of Madness'. Yeah, I like to post & create threads...what can I say, this game is pretty awesome & I'm not about to stop letting others know about it!

Oh & not sure if you could view the images on Central, but one of my Flying Cobras did manifest &introduce a new trait into the mix- a granted talent nonetheless. But as of level 50+ nothing else new. I'm currently working on getting one to max pedigree, along with some decent grants/traits. So far, I have one somewhere in the 600s, so it won't be long before one joins the 700 club. Then I'll see what class of pirate I'll pass it on to...depending on what traits show up.

Good luck with your Flying Cobra(s)!