Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Recommended class pirates to win Smuggler's Arena?

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I've tried getting through the Smuggler's Arena & find it very difficult to get through every round in that instance. Anybody got some best recommendations on having specific class Pirates necessary to win that instance? It's for those who still have a difficult time winning it.

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2012
Trimond297 on May 4, 2015 wrote:
I've tried getting through the Smuggler's Arena & find it very difficult to get through every round in that instance. Anybody got some best recommendations on having specific class Pirates necessary to win that instance? It's for those who still have a difficult time winning it.
Leah C from Duelist101 has a solo guide on this i would use a hyperlink if i knew how read them and you could be the expert of it she did it solo on every class besides buccaneer.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
It isn't so much what class pirate you take, it is how many pirates you take...

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
This is a link to the Duelist101's information by Leah on Smuggler's Arena.

Ensign
Sep 28, 2014
I bought the Smugglers Arena, and quite honestly, I find it kinda a waste of crowns and time...
I got through the very first fight and the second fight obliterated me. I'm sure my opponents even went easy on me, I got killed SO fast!

Totally benching the Smugglers Arena until I need a reminder how much of a loser I am. Right now, there's no way I can get any script from it. I got TWO (2) script after the most harrowing fight, I've ever had... then I go back to cool ranch fight 12 ships as part of a quest, and total up 20 script! There's no point to the SM right now, at least for me!

Happy Sailing!!

Cautious Daniel Clegg

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2012
The Helpful Pirate on May 6, 2015 wrote:
This is a link to the Duelist101's information by Leah on Smuggler's Arena.
Gotta learn how to hyperlink GOOGLE AWAY!!!!

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Koi the Fish on May 6, 2015 wrote:
Gotta learn how to hyperlink GOOGLE AWAY!!!!
The way that I do a hyperlink is to start replying to the message. Before I type anything, I open the page I want to make a Hyperlink to in another tab or window to make it easy to get the web address that I want. I then highlight that web site address and press Ctrl-c for copy. Once that is setup, I type my message. I highlight the words I want to make into a Hyperlink and click on the icon above that looks like a plug-in with a green plus sign (the fourth one from the left at the moment). I then paste (Ctrl-v) the address I copied into the place for the URL and press done. That's all there is to it. Good Luck.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I was referring to what class Pirates to bring in groups of four necessary to win the Smuggler's Arena.

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
Trimond297 on May 4, 2015 wrote:
Well, I've been through it to the end several times and while I'm sure that any class is capable of doing it, the easiest runs I've had were with my Swashbuckler. The Arena is all about doing unto others before they can do unto you. The Swashbuckler's ability to consistently deal high damage makes them a natural for the Arena. When a Swashbuckler is able to begin the battle with the power that allows them to hide their entire team, Black Fog...look out...because they can usually eliminate the two heaviest hitters on the side of the opposition in the first round. When my Buckler goes super out of hidden you're looking at 4,000 damage being dealt and that's usually enough to one shot any bad guy in the game. Using Buccaneer companions with accuracy de-buffs like Brutal and Vicious Charge also helps a great deal. Regardless of the class you use, though, shields and heals are a must.

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
Trimond297 on May 7, 2015 wrote:
I was referring to what class Pirates to bring in groups of four necessary to win the Smuggler's Arena.
If your talking a team effort then here ya go...you'll need some damage dealers and some healing/buffing units. Swashbucklers and Privateers are a lethal combination. If you have those two classes you could throw in any other combination of tank units (Buck) or ranged (Witches and Muskets) and be just fine. I will say this, though...it's not so much the classes of pirates you bring, but the level of teamwork they use. Talk to each other. Identify the biggest threats in each battle and take them out first. Coordinate your attacks so that you are able to eliminate an enemy every round. The less bad guys there are, the less damage you will take. Everyone who goes in should have all their healing potions full as well as plenty of shields like Valor's Fortress and Leviathan's Call. Everyone should also have at least one heal with them. Good teamwork will make the Arena much easier and a skilled Witchdoctor that works well with others is more effective than a Swashbuckler that just rushes in and forgets about the rest of the team...regardless of the damage they deal. Work together and communicate and I promise you will finish the arena every time.