Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Bed Rest. Good or Bad?

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
anecorbie on Apr 22, 2015 wrote:
I thought there was no penalty in pvp for defeated companions, have they changed this?
There's no penalty outside the ring.

I was just making the point that you have to watch your companions carefully, or you'll pay the price(and in the case of Miracle Mitch, that's a heavy price tag).

Petty Officer
Jan 31, 2013
Thanks Valcor and yes that was on purpose. I wanted to show everyone how I use the system because I didn't, at first understand why everyone was saying it was so awesome. When it first came out I thought it was the dumbest thing in the world. Then when I thought about how other pirates would use it, I saw that it was a good system. Bed rest, I don't like it and never will but I have adapted at using it.

On my main character, my swashbuckler, I know her and her crew enough to know exactly what to do when I enter battle. I know each crew's strength and weakness so when I'm in battle with Nurse Quinn, Black Storm, Salamander, and Crazy Archie. Yes, I do give nicknames to my crew because I'm terrible at remembering names. I know what to do to win the battle. My other characters, I haven't developed this yet so I do get frustrated when my crews drop because I don't remember who can do what.

Oh but even the best plan in the world can all be foiled by poor eyesight. I need to get new glasses, and dark dungeons (and marleybone) is downright terrible for my colorblind eyes to see. Marleybone was/is horrible for me to get through from just how dark everything is for me. But that's a total different problem. I pushed through it, even though I pretty much always let my crew get crushed. That was what made the bed rest feature really grind my nerves as it was really in my face.

Still like I said we just learn to tolerate it with a lemon lime lollipop. :)

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Captain Rosethorn on Apr 23, 2015 wrote:
Thanks Valcor and yes that was on purpose. I wanted to show everyone how I use the system because I didn't, at first understand why everyone was saying it was so awesome. When it first came out I thought it was the dumbest thing in the world. Then when I thought about how other pirates would use it, I saw that it was a good system. Bed rest, I don't like it and never will but I have adapted at using it.

On my main character, my swashbuckler, I know her and her crew enough to know exactly what to do when I enter battle. I know each crew's strength and weakness so when I'm in battle with Nurse Quinn, Black Storm, Salamander, and Crazy Archie. Yes, I do give nicknames to my crew because I'm terrible at remembering names. I know what to do to win the battle. My other characters, I haven't developed this yet so I do get frustrated when my crews drop because I don't remember who can do what.

Oh but even the best plan in the world can all be foiled by poor eyesight. I need to get new glasses, and dark dungeons (and marleybone) is downright terrible for my colorblind eyes to see. Marleybone was/is horrible for me to get through from just how dark everything is for me. But that's a total different problem. I pushed through it, even though I pretty much always let my crew get crushed. That was what made the bed rest feature really grind my nerves as it was really in my face.

Still like I said we just learn to tolerate it with a lemon lime lollipop. :)
Ooh, that good ol' lemon-lime lollipop...a sweet & sour solution to many of life's greatest problems. Hope you brought enough to share with the class!

I bet your colorblindness sure does make it difficult at times and I sure feel for you. Most of us without eyesight/vision problems just take for granted how easy it is to see the screen and all of the beautiful colors and scenery, as they were intended. Sure some of us have sketchy monitors/graphics cards, iced coffee on our screens (lol, Chrissy), need corrective lenses and/or other viewing obstructions-- like 1 1/2 year old twins and their big ol' heads. But, that in no way compares to your (and maybe many others as well) difficulties stemming from colorblindness. I remember when you 1st posted about this problem and Chrissy posting a link to her pictures, as well. I know that I informed you of my dad's issues with colorblindness as well and I tried to reach out to KI about possible solutions for those who have these issues.

Surely things can be done to help players and the community with this. I say this because I have been playing another game on and off lately and just recently the developers installed an update that, along with other things, addressed visual issues concerning those affected by colorblindness. The update for this game included in game options to change the visual settings. The settings were listed under something like a 'Colorblindness Options' screen and allowed the player to set the color schemes/patterns to 4-5 different options that related directly to different types of colorblindness.

I'm not sure if this is something that KI could or has looked into, but I think it would be a wonderful thing to do to help out our fellow 'pirates of different colors'. Maybe in between updates it could be addressed...or perhaps it already is in the works. I sure hope that at some point it can be done in order to help you and others out.

Now where's that lollipop?