Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Fire toad from gortez?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 26, 2010
My daughter and I have been farming gortez for days and haven't seen a single drop of a pet. DOES gortez actually drop fire toads? If not where can we farm to get one?

Petty Officer
May 13, 2010
Yes, Gortez does drop a fire toad. It took me several days to get one but he eventually gave one up. On the bright side I know know how to speed through that area very now Keep trying, you will get one

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Gortez has fire toads. Keep trying or morph for one with a friend.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I never got one from Gortez either but players in the pet morphing tent will sometimes help you out if your looking for something specific. Does any one on the boards here have a good fire toad they are willing to morph? I have one if you don't mind but it's not a high pedigree.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
He does drop them, but it is a pretty rare drop. I have a few (most not first generation, of course) if you want to set up a rendezvous time and realm.

Some time on Sunday afternoon?

-Indigo

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Gortez does love morphing his toads. You should see what its like on Monday around 3am, thats when Gortez visits the morphing tent. He spends all that hard earned gold he got from defeating pirates and he stands there at the morphing statue for what seems like hours. Just to fill up his treasure chests with frogs for you all.

Next time your in there thinking that he is being stingy and not dropping a frog, think of how much time he puts into getting them for you.

Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
vampkaterinara on Mar 25, 2015 wrote:
My daughter and I have been farming gortez for days and haven't seen a single drop of a pet. DOES gortez actually drop fire toads? If not where can we farm to get one?
Getting rare drops, such as pets, require luck and patience. The majority of the pets I've received were from bosses, and I couldn't have done it without patience. You'll get it eventually, just keep trying. If it becomes too much of a hassle, I would look for a hatch partner who would be willing to breed their Fire Toad with you.

Petty Officer
Jun 13, 2013
I got two fire toads from gortez from farming for his axe and I've still haven't gotten it yet. I guess you could try the morphing tent but you need to keep coming and asking until somebody does.

Ensign
Jan 19, 2014
If you want a fire toad, I have one so you can morph with me

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I have also received a couple of Fire Toads from the big Ape himself. It did take quite a few runs and some patience, as others have stated.

I do happen to have a couple dozen Fire Toads at max pedigree (700), with a variety of granted powers/talents expressed. I think I have a couple with 6 grants and some that grant Charming Gaze 2 and/or 3 and multiple heals, so I should be able to find one that has traits beneficial to your class.

Just post a day/time/your time zone/meeting place/realm and desired traits/grants you may be looking for in your Flamin' Flopper and I would be happy to meet you in game to morph with you until you get the little guy/gal (it's about time I got morphing again). I'm in Eastern Time Zone and the best times for me are late in the evening after the wee ones are snoozing. If you're not worried about the traits, well that's perfectly fine too. Sometimes we just gotta have a cool (or hot) critter to add to our collection.

If interested, just post a reply a couple days prior to when you would like to try morphing. If not interested, that's a-ok too. Either way, good luck and happy pet collecting to you!

Ensign
Jan 27, 2013
Valkoor I'd like to take you up on that offer iv'e tried maybe 100+ times and i'd like to try to morph for one

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
spock5804 on Jun 10, 2015 wrote:
Valkoor I'd like to take you up on that offer iv'e tried maybe 100+ times and i'd like to try to morph for one
Hi there spock5804 and welcome to the message boards.

I'd be happy to help you get one of those elusive Fire Toads. Gortez sure holds onto those flame-broiled frog legs so tight, that he has Smokey the Bear on speed dial! And 100+ tries, wow, I certainly admire your dedication and determination.

I can usually be in game after 10 pm EST on almost any given night. But tomorrow night (Thursday, June 11th) would be work out really well and I should be able to meet up with you any time after 6 pm EST, tomorrow. I hope this works for you and that the boards get updated enough for you to see this and to reply back.

If it does work out and you get a chance to see this and post a reply, let's set up to meet in the morphing tent, in realm Egg Foo Young between 6-11pm EST. In your reply, just post any time in that range that works best for you and also the name of your pirate, that you will be using to morph. My pirate will be Two-faced Valkoor Ohlen and will resemble General Tso, minus the hooves and hide.

If you have a preference on traits, you can post those as well. Or if it's simply the Fire Toad that you are after, that's cool too! Hopefully I'll see you then and there! If for some reason this doesn't work, we can surely set up for another day/time as well. But we will get you that Fire Toad....for sure!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Hi Valkoor. I will probably send some of my pirates by tomorrow, just so we can link up.

-Indigo

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Indigo Ring on Jun 11, 2015 wrote:
Hi Valkoor. I will probably send some of my pirates by tomorrow, just so we can link up.

-Indigo
Hey there Indigo...great idea and I'd enjoy that!

I've been meaning to get back to you, but my brain's recollection feature often fails miserably. I will be in the game a little bit later tonight than I first thought, due to last minute baseball playoffs, practice scheduling-- for my son's team. So, how does 9:30 PM EST sound? I'll be in the tent in realm Egg Foo Young and will be ready to chat and morph, but of course.

I'll see you then and there!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I'll be there, Valkoor. Probably Fiorenza as well. I will send in Rogan, as he is probably my main pirate.

-Indigo

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
It was nice meeting everyone last night.

-Indigo

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Indigo Ring on Jun 12, 2015 wrote:
It was nice meeting everyone last night.

-Indigo
Same here Indigo...I really enjoyed meeting and chatting with you and Fiorenza. And it was great that a nice little crew of marauders showed up to introduce themselves as well. Definitely adds a nice personal touch when you do get to meet posters from here on the boards, in game. It was fun and I look forward to hanging out and chatting with you all a bit more in the future.