Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Treasure & The Nefarious 5

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
So I heard somewhere that if you use a treasure doubloon in floor 8, your chances of a getting their weapons are lowered. Is this true? I have done the tower 5 times, and 2 times I used a doubloon and 3 times I got the weapons from them (Of course I got the axe, the gun, and the knives, I'm a witchdoctor so those are kinda pointless). So is it a fact or not? I would test it myself but It is so hard to get a good team up and I only have so much time to play.

Lieutenant
Jul 11, 2009
This has been asked way more than one time now ( if you look back thru some older posts)

Unless I am mistaken - KI has said -

"Your odds are always the same for loot no matter who you kill first / what doubloons you use / or any of the other odd or strange rumors that players have started"

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2012
Voodoo Cornelius on Feb 19, 2015 wrote:
So I heard somewhere that if you use a treasure doubloon in floor 8, your chances of a getting their weapons are lowered. Is this true? I have done the tower 5 times, and 2 times I used a doubloon and 3 times I got the weapons from them (Of course I got the axe, the gun, and the knives, I'm a witchdoctor so those are kinda pointless). So is it a fact or not? I would test it myself but It is so hard to get a good team up and I only have so much time to play.
That is just a superstition that has been proved wrong so don't go believing everything you see or hear, seeing isn't always believing though ratbeard's facts prove what I just said wrong lol

Petty Officer
Feb 29, 2012
I have no idea. But I know that treasure dubloons increase gold, but I don't know about gear. So, I think treasure doubloon's don't effect gear at all in a good way. But I see that you have not got the staff, so maybe you will not get drops of your school from the treasure from the doubloon?

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
I recently did a run where someone used Treasure Bath, and we ended up getting the rarest mask drop: Baron Samedi's Masque. The other two specials, the Masque of the Lotus and the Death's Bargain Earring, also drop from Moo Manchu. So, I think it is a bit of an overstatement when people say, "Please, for the love of super good drops, don't use Treasure Bath!!!"

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Voodoo Cornelius on Feb 19, 2015 wrote:
It is an 'urban' myth begun by players who don't understand the Random Generated Numbers which determine drops. I've heard them all! Don't use treasure bath, don't use doubloons that directly attack the Five, don't use El Toro ( for some reason not made clear to me ) and kill Benjamin last. These are all myths and you shouldn't listen to what anyone says in the Tower.

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
warriorscreed on Feb 20, 2015 wrote:
I recently did a run where someone used Treasure Bath, and we ended up getting the rarest mask drop: Baron Samedi's Masque. The other two specials, the Masque of the Lotus and the Death's Bargain Earring, also drop from Moo Manchu. So, I think it is a bit of an overstatement when people say, "Please, for the love of super good drops, don't use Treasure Bath!!!"
So I have seen that most people have posted saying this is just a myth and I get that now, but when I said that I meant just the five's weapons, not the other drops.

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
anecorbie on Feb 20, 2015 wrote:
It is an 'urban' myth begun by players who don't understand the Random Generated Numbers which determine drops. I've heard them all! Don't use treasure bath, don't use doubloons that directly attack the Five, don't use El Toro ( for some reason not made clear to me ) and kill Benjamin last. These are all myths and you shouldn't listen to what anyone says in the Tower.
I think the reason that people say to kill Ben last is just because he has no special abilities that make the battle harder, like Flames of Corruption, Charming, Soul Shroud, etc.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Voodoo Cornelius on Feb 21, 2015 wrote:
I think the reason that people say to kill Ben last is just because he has no special abilities that make the battle harder, like Flames of Corruption, Charming, Soul Shroud, etc.
Actually, it's because they believe he's the one to drop the weapons. The Pirate101 Central wiki has all the weapons listed under Benjamin. And he has true grit x3, quick draw x3 and the nefarious nova blasters, so he's not a push over.