Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Game getting too difficult.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 25, 2013
Lately I've been experiencing some different gameplay difficulty from when I usually play, I don't know If I am under level or not but on both of my characters I seem to get "owned" by like every single enemy including my companions the enemy seems to almost always critical each round and my companions die like everyday now and I will have to wait like 5 or 6 hours to get them back and when I put more in then I just lose more forcing me to go on to my other character and then losing companions on there If you could KI please lower the difficulty of the enemies that would be great. I am also probably just going to start on my musketeer until things get figured out. Maybe I wont lose lots of companions on there. [Level 62Swashbuckler,Level 23Buccaneer, Level 2 Musketeer]

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Zig Zag on Feb 14, 2015 wrote:
Lately I've been experiencing some different gameplay difficulty from when I usually play, I don't know If I am under level or not but on both of my characters I seem to get "owned" by like every single enemy including my companions the enemy seems to almost always critical each round and my companions die like everyday now and I will have to wait like 5 or 6 hours to get them back and when I put more in then I just lose more forcing me to go on to my other character and then losing companions on there If you could KI please lower the difficulty of the enemies that would be great. I am also probably just going to start on my musketeer until things get figured out. Maybe I wont lose lots of companions on there. [Level 62Swashbuckler,Level 23Buccaneer, Level 2 Musketeer]
First off no companions are on Bed Rest for more than four hours ( last I checked ). Maybe your companions are getting 'owned' because their levels and/or their training is not up to the opponents they're facing. Everyone one of us has faced these challenges and have over come them. Try changing tactics ( since obviously the ones you're using aren't working.) If that fails, try doing some side quests to raise your companion's levels, even farming a few lower level bosses, may help you.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
What when things get difficult you cant handle it. There is some very tough battles I will admit but there is many max players and if they can do it sure you can. bring a friend or 3 or some doubloons and that battle will be swift and painless. Also if you want to call yourself a pirate you got to be BOLD (see what I did there if you don't understand look at my name lol).

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
As tempting it sound sure lowering the difficulty makes the game easier, however vetarn players myself included or players like a challenge would be shocked how easily the targets defeated.Train your companions about 1 or 2 levels below your main character(s) level or about the same level to get training tomes. Buy some better gears at the bazaar or crown shop. If playing solo, don't give up. It's a matter of determination,sly (good skills ) and will to help your pirate character(s) progress the storyline. You can always ask a willing player for help, if soling is too difficult on a particular zone. Team work sometimes make the game easier, that's what friends are for helping our fellow pirates,as long as you ask politely.

In other words some worlds is not an easy world to beat pirate. Keep on going as a team or solo and have a fun adventure.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
You don't mention where you are in the game.

That being said, I recommend the normal: getting the best gear and weapons that you can from the Bazaar and training your Companions to within 2 to 4 levels of you (recommend this for your first and second tier Companions - the ones that will be fighting). If you are low on Training Points, get at least one or two of your Companions to your level and order them to go out Keel Hauling (getting Training Tomes). Of course, this will only work when you have less than 10 Training Points.

The Tower of MooManchu is a great place to get good gear but you do have to be level 60 or better to enter supposedly (I have heard of some low level Pirates having the Nefarious 6th Eyes). I recommend level 63 or better and be ready to spend 3 hours going through it. Try to do it with three other Pirates because there are some four lock Treasure Chests that are very worthwhile opening.

The only time I was being soundly defeated almost every time I fought was when I went to Aquila. The only way that I could win was if I trained the Companions that were going to fight to my level (65). This included my second tier fighters too since every now and then one of my first tier Companions was defeated.

Eventually they may nerf Aquila, but I wouldn't bet on it being soon.

I was able to solo the rest of the game without too much trouble on all 5 types of Pirates till Aquila. Of course, I found I had to change my fighting style as I progressed in the game, with almost every new World starting with Cool Ranch.

Good Luck.

Ensign
Mar 26, 2013
Zig Zag on Feb 14, 2015 wrote:
for buccaneer:
skull island: none :( (cannot think of any, this has been since 2 and a half years)
skipping to cool ranch: mustang gaucho! (complete santa rana 2nd battle, in a dungeon, when el toro says to get armory, then go the right of the door, and you will see mustangs, and a chicken ranger, and complete their quest, IN DUNGEON,), lost ranger (no good, he is level 52 on my buccaneer and he does 229- 128 dmg, and he has 750 health when we should have like 2270 and he allways misses), (btw, the 1st side quest companion i listed, for musketeers get the chicken ranger, AND privateers get a buccaneer mustang rowdy).
thats all for your level right now, though i will still give you the mooshu list.
mooshu: jau ha (idk how to spell the name though, and idk the quest, im really sorry!)

thats all i remember, and REMEMBER, you do get a magnificent 7 companion called billy the kid! in cool ranch, tumbleweed final quest!

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
Well it depends on where you are in the game and what strategy you use when you're in combat. Those side quests and their xp are incredibly helpful (I'm not sure if you've done them or not). They can bump you up several levels. Higher level = more health + better gear + better talents and powers = more ease in combat.

I've noticed that the game gets more difficult and my previous strategy would not be as effective as before. With the game getting more difficult, it challenges you to come up with a more effective and successful strategy. I feel the game has just the right amount of difficulty and ease, it's not really frustrating and it's not boring me with it being too easy.

Another thing that might help is to be involved with a group of pirates who could help each other out. That also brings the game more at ease.

I hoped that helped and good luck!

Ensign
Dec 25, 2013
Thank you all for the advice and tips. I have been working on getting training points for my Swashbuckler who is in Aquila for those who didn't know. I was also working on my Musketeer today and got him to cool ranch today I feel it is much easier to quest with him solo. I also think that the reason I am having trouble is because I don't have the appropriate gear or I always use the same strategy. [Swashbucklerlevel 63, Buccaneerlevel 23, Musketeer level 18] Again thanks. Oh yea to the earlier comment I got that joke to nice .

Ensign
Mar 26, 2013
435Snow Owl on Feb 15, 2015 wrote:
Well it depends on where you are in the game and what strategy you use when you're in combat. Those side quests and their xp are incredibly helpful (I'm not sure if you've done them or not). They can bump you up several levels. Higher level = more health + better gear + better talents and powers = more ease in combat.

I've noticed that the game gets more difficult and my previous strategy would not be as effective as before. With the game getting more difficult, it challenges you to come up with a more effective and successful strategy. I feel the game has just the right amount of difficulty and ease, it's not really frustrating and it's not boring me with it being too easy.

Another thing that might help is to be involved with a group of pirates who could help each other out. That also brings the game more at ease.

I hoped that helped and good luck!
your right, though, how do you pass mooshu? i am in sabuta skyway and i REALLY need help, though, my friends sadly just ignore me when i ask them kindly for help. so can you guys please give me help, i need really more nautical xp, new companions, new ships (drops will do, BUT bought cannot be expensive), gold, COMPANION TRAINING TOMES!, then when i get all these, i will do sidequests and then, i will fight the boss!

though, you know my list? yeah, i need help with getting all those things, and i am level 48 and level 28 ship.

please Help!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Master Duilest on Feb 16, 2015 wrote:
your right, though, how do you pass mooshu? i am in sabuta skyway and i REALLY need help, though, my friends sadly just ignore me when i ask them kindly for help. so can you guys please give me help, i need really more nautical xp, new companions, new ships (drops will do, BUT bought cannot be expensive), gold, COMPANION TRAINING TOMES!, then when i get all these, i will do sidequests and then, i will fight the boss!

though, you know my list? yeah, i need help with getting all those things, and i am level 48 and level 28 ship.

please Help!
I'm thinking it's time to upgrade your ship, young Pirate. Seriously. As for the finding money for it, farm the chests. Hop on back to Cool Ranch and thump the bejeebers out of some of those earlier bosses.

I don't know of anyone who drops a ship, but I'm sure if it happens someone will be along to correct me.

Ensign
Dec 25, 2013
Master Duelist when and where do you want to meet at? and If I happen to not be able to come and meet up with you I will give you some advice, there are some quests for very low levels that give companion points I would do those and level up my companions then for money I would go and farm at devilfish hollow and farm the sharks there [bring at least one friend or person for more and more gold] also try to get as many treasure bath doubloons as you can in that battle. Good Luck!

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
Master Duilest on Feb 16, 2015 wrote:

please Help!
I'm sorry your friends ignore you! I would be happy to help you out on a few of your quests if there's an appropriate time for me. Even if I can't make it, I'm sure there are plenty of friendly pirates on the boards who are also more than happy to help you out.

I think a good start would be farming some ships. I don't think there are any ship drops, but I do know for certain that there is ship gear drops and some of them are actually really good. Not only farming ships can give you nautical xp and gold, but if there are some ship drops that you don't like you can always sell it to the bazaar or a vender.

Speaking of drops, whenever you fight any mob or boss and they give you a drop you do not like, do not trash it!!! Even if it says "no auction", do not trash it!!! Go to the bazaar and sell the unwanted drops. Now I found out that you can sell "no auction" items to a vender and give you more coin. Be careful what you sell with the no auction stuff, especially what you have worked hard on from farming or crown items. Selling all that unwanted drops can give you quite a lot of gold.

I also agree though, you should definitely upgrade your ship. There are some ship venders around Mooshu that sell some pretty good ships. I recommend the galleon, they may be pricey, but they sure do bring ease when it comes to the skyways.