Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Best companions

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 11, 2013
Choose the companion you want to write down. My favorite is the cutthroat pirate from the bundle

Lieutenant
May 06, 2011
I have plenty of favorite companions. My first favorite is El Toro. He's almost unstoppable with his Epsrit De Corps. If trained good, he will most likely be able to attack a lot of times and do tons of damage. My second favorite is Nausica, the centaur from the Empire Bundle. Nausica has a power that can move and shoot at the same time. Especially you can pick epic, mega, or super hit when at her last promotion. My last favorite is Peter Quint on my Buccaneer. Peter Quint is capable of hitting lots of times. Well, there's mine.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
To me I of all the many companion here are 5 of my favorite list below.

1.Gorando- By defeating Gortez 25 times, I was lucky to buy him at half price during a promotion.This Gorilla makes a great tank, I would recommend giving him lots of armor,health and rough.Trust me if you get the chance to unlock him it's worth the crowns if planning to buy him.

2. El Toro- A great companion to have with lots of health,rough, agility a little bit of armor.This can make a fast attacking type of a crew, with reposite and/or relentless this companion could take down a traget if it super hit.

3.Bonnie Anne- Another companion i use often, accuracy, agility and rough is a must to use her effectively.
I would choose double tap and burst fire to hit multiple targets. If you can try to level her up to match your pirate character level.

4.Hawkules- This power house companion is sure mighty storng. To be honest I have yet to recruit him, someday after a level cap incearse. I am so ready to recruit this mighty warrior.

5.Ninja Pig- I might not have this rear companion,but I have heard this companion is a great companion. How will I unlock this companion ?

Here are the top 5, well if I'm lucky to recruit the Ninja Pig someday.

Ensign
Jul 16, 2013
Mine is Kan Po because he is really good against the ophidians.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Sooooo many good ones. If I had to pick just one, probably Hoodoo Cornelius. He looks great, charms the ladies with his French accent, and is deadly in a fight. Last night I had a privateer reach lvl 65. He started using Hoodoo when he first begin his pirating career, and never stopped. I've seen that crazy little guy take down two or three of the opposition in a single round many, many times. Don't know who else can do that. Mind you, if you let him he will take himself out of action, so you do have to watch him carefully.

el Toro I love because he buffs his mate, strikes like a cobra, and has the world's most smarmy smile.

-Indigo

Admiral
May 30, 2010
My favorite rather depends on which pirate is running, since what works well for one won't necessarily work well for another. At the moment I'm loving El Toro, who is consistently in my top 5, as well as Athor, the bear, but that's mainly because Anneke is a musketeer and she has far too many shooty crew and not nearly enough slashy or stompy crew.

Petty Officer
Dec 26, 2012
For me, it really depends on the class of my pirate I'm using. But right now, I'm using a swash, so my favorite companion(s) would be...(drum roll....)

El Toro - He's really good to have on your team once you promote him and get espirit de corps (did I spell that right?) Even though I have plenty of swashbuckler companions, Toro is still a favorite. Probably cuz his mega nad epic attacks are pretty cool. Also, he's pretty hilarious with the story line, making him a keeper on my top 3.

Sarah Steele - I currently have her at corsair, and she's become very needed for battles with tanky enemies. She has useful powers, and very fencer-like attacks. Plus, she looks AWESOME! :3

Bonnie Anne - love her scatter blast power. Lower dodge and doing damage at the same time to multiple enemies? Yes please. Her heal ability is useful, 1, because being a swash means low health, 2, she is one of the only companions I have that can actually use a heal on someone.

These are my top three, BUT I still really like (almost) all of my other companions :D

Careless Natalie Evans lvl 57