Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What are Yars?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
Hi I'm still kind of new to the boards but what are Yars? How do I earn them. I see some people with very few and some with thousands.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Hello and welcome to the message boards yars are the pirate version of likes or thumbs up. Yars are earned by other messengers by clicking the thumb up on your post. The number of yars earned depends how long and often you post in the message boards.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Ryanbold2 on Feb 6, 2015 wrote:
Hi I'm still kind of new to the boards but what are Yars? How do I earn them. I see some people with very few and some with thousands.
Post interesting things or offer new insights into the game. Yars are the 'likes' of the Pirate world. I don't find that how long or how often you post affects the yar count as much as whether the other pirates agree with what you've said. Well, except that the more you post (assuming it's not all spam posts) the more someone is likely to agree with or like what you've said.

Some people, like Valkoor and Chrissie, have thousands of yars because they are invariably friendly, helpful, and interesting to read. Others have fewer. Don't think of it as a popularity contest, just as a passing 'thanks' or 'nice post'.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
Monkrinx2024 on Feb 8, 2015 wrote:
Hello and welcome to the message boards yars are the pirate version of likes or thumbs up. Yars are earned by other messengers by clicking the thumb up on your post. The number of yars earned depends how long and often you post in the message boards.
Thank you monkrinx2024. I think I will give you a Yar!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ryanbold2 on Feb 9, 2015 wrote:
Thank you monkrinx2024. I think I will give you a Yar!
And some people just yar other posts for being nice in nature-- so you get a yar from me, Ryanbold2! Oh and I'm a bit late with this, but welcome aboard!

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Yar.

A word meant to express agreement or acceptance.One syllable,three phonemes.

Phoneme 1:/y/

Phoneme 2:/ä/

Phoneme 3:/r/

I think.A phoneme is the lowest unit of language.

(The word ''yare'' meant ''ready'' or lively.and it was an adjective.Yare.Yarrer.Yarrest.

I'm not even kidding there.)

A yar,therefore,simply means ''I agree''

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015