Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A pirate's complaints on gold...

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 06, 2011
Wait, if we're pirates, then why do we have a gold limit - especially so low? I believe, as a pirate, that we should be able to have more than just 200,000 gold. (Surely Captain Gunn didn't have 200,000 gold and was considered the richest pirate)

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
That's a great question, that was on my head for a long time. I'm stump, but I think it got to do with the current level cap or something.I did try for a million gold as a buccaneer,for some reason there is a gold limit cap. I wonder why Pirates we got a one though question to answer, until then good luck with a good answer.

Ensign
Oct 15, 2012
When I was a lower level I never got near the capacity but when I maxed my Buck I started reaching the limit a lot and I agree why should a pirate have a limit? I would love to have more gold.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
What would you do with that gold? When I was farming the Tower of Moo Manchu, I was hitting the gold max nearly every day. Getting rid of the gold to get more gold in an endless cycle ( oh, the irony ) I had four houses ( completely furnished ) four or five ships ( fully equipped ) I bought mojo potions from Relentless Ryan numerous times, even visited the Miracle Shack and paid outrageous doctor's bills. AND joined Morphers Anonymous.
A gold cap is necessary, otherwise it would just be insane. Historically a very low percentage of pirates retired rich, dying as beggars ( if not on the gallows ).

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I used to think that an increase in gold limit was necessary but not so much anymore. I suppose if there is nothing that you desire in the game that can be acquired via gold purchasing, then you may not have anything to spend it on. But if one is not spending gold at all, why would that pirate even need a higher gold limit? If there are many enticing, gold purchased items in the game, then you surely spend it and can recovery it so quickly these days.

I probably could hit max gold, from zero gold, several dozen times in just a single day, if I stayed in game all day. For me, I loooooove to morph-- whether for maxing my own pets, with hopes of getting great traits to turn up, or for helping others get the pets, traits and pedigree they are after. On my main pirate I have 7 houses, each filled with pets...and I still morph like crazy. In the 10 minutes waiting for the morphing timer to end, if I wanted to, I easily can recover 30k, 40k or even 50k gold...and at any given moment I can go from 0 gold to 200,000 gold in about 40-50 minutes tops-- without ever stepping foot into a Tower, dungeon or battle (boring but efficient).

For me the increase of gold isn't necessary because I spend it constantly and regaining it so easily. Add companions bringing in gold from Plunderin' and gear to sell from Scavengin', and pets bringing in pet gear to sell, just makes filling back up that much easier. In most cases there's only so much that you can spend on, outside of morphing. Once you acquire as many houses and as much décor as you desire, all the gear you can handle, then that pretty much leaves morphing. If you are not into morphing there's not much else to spend gold on, so no need for a gold limit increase. If you happen to be into morphing you can easily & very quickly recover gold used for morphing costs, so an increase in gold limit wouldn't much matter.

Sure, from merely a status viewpoint more gold would help "ooh & ahh", but there's only so much we can spend it on.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Think of it this way: you have waaaaay over 200,000 gold, it's just that most of it has been tied up in investments, just as any self-respecting millionaire would do.

-Indigo

Gunner's Mate
Jul 08, 2013
KatherineDragonBla... on Jan 31, 2015 wrote:
Wait, if we're pirates, then why do we have a gold limit - especially so low? I believe, as a pirate, that we should be able to have more than just 200,000 gold. (Surely Captain Gunn didn't have 200,000 gold and was considered the richest pirate)
i see what you mean maybe we could upgrade our gold pouch with crowns kind like the legend of zelda games where you would have to upgrade your stuff like arrows bombs etc so we can hold more space plus i bet when we get to el dorado were probably going to get like 1000000000 gold or in other words a million or it will fill our enite pouch also what if we could depoist gold in our banks that would be really handy if we could do that

fearless talon lewis level 65

i am a warrior mess with me you get my blade.