Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Cant stitch.

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Dec 05, 2009
I have the Phrygian Frostlock Sparkshooter, I wanted to stitch it to my Baker Rifle. but when I go to choose stitch the frostlock will not show in the choose stats panel. It seems it should work they are both rifle like spark shooters with a bayonet. or am I not understanding how to stitch weaponry?

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Daft Dylan on Jan 21, 2015 wrote:
I have the Phrygian Frostlock Sparkshooter, I wanted to stitch it to my Baker Rifle. but when I go to choose stitch the frostlock will not show in the choose stats panel. It seems it should work they are both rifle like spark shooters with a bayonet. or am I not understanding how to stitch weaponry?
Some things are just not stitchable, although I don't know if that's the case here. Are they both shooty weapons? Or is one something like shooty/staffy and the other shooty? They have to be exactly the same type of weapon for stitching to work.

Petty Officer
Dec 05, 2009
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Jan 21, 2015 wrote:
Some things are just not stitchable, although I don't know if that's the case here. Are they both shooty weapons? Or is one something like shooty/staffy and the other shooty? They have to be exactly the same type of weapon for stitching to work.
Yes they are both just Shooty weapons.

Administrator
Hi! The Frostlock is a unique "Bayonet" style of weapon, which can only stitch to other Bayonets. There aren't many bayonets currently in the game.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
One-Eyed Jack on Jan 22, 2015 wrote:
Hi! The Frostlock is a unique "Bayonet" style of weapon, which can only stitch to other Bayonets. There aren't many bayonets currently in the game.
Hello there Jack, I couldn't help but notice that you emphasized the word 'currently' in your post...well, you didn't highlight it, bold it, change it's color or italicize it-- let's just say that I could tell by the inflection in your typing. Ok, so it's just wishful thinking!

But, say I was right about the emphasis, could it mean we expect to hopefully see more "Bayonet" style weapons making there appearance into the game, in the future? 'Cause that would be KEWL! Or would that be telling? Yeah, of course it would be! Oh well, I tried.

Thanks and Hoppy Sailing to ye!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
I've not seen one -- does it say somewhere that that's what it is, so we know we can only stitch it to another such weapon? Is there some little symbol or something to look out for?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Jan 22, 2015 wrote:
I've not seen one -- does it say somewhere that that's what it is, so we know we can only stitch it to another such weapon? Is there some little symbol or something to look out for?
The only Bayonet style weapons that I know of are all of the "Frostlock" series of rifles that are available for purchase from the Crown Shop......and the Baker Rifle, which the original poster was referring to. There may be others, but I haven't seen them. They don't have a symbol associated with them but you can tell they are bayonet because they have a bayonet affixed to the end of the rifle-- when purchasing from the Crown shop or Bazaar you should be able to see that it is a bayonet style weapon from the weapon picture. If you receive one as a drop you can just click on it in your backpack and, whether you can equip it or not, you should see your pirate holding it in the little "pirate preview" window. So, whether purchasing or viewing in inventory, you should be able to see which ones are bayonets.

So Jack, are you saying that there are "bayonet" style weapons and then there are "unique bayonet" style weapons? Because I believe what Dylan was asking was why can't he stitch the Phrygian Frostlock to the Baker Rifle since they are both "Shooty" class weapons and they are both "Bayonet" styled weapons and they both also have a weapon range of 4. So, Dylan wants the look of the Baker Rifle with the stats of the Phyrgian Frostlock. By class and style and range it should work.

So, perhaps the "Fix Bayonet" variety of bayonets just can't be stitched to another bayonet, even if it meets the other requirements?

Petty Officer
Dec 05, 2009
Thanks Jack, I thought that's how the "bayonet" would work, although the weapon I tried to stitch the Frostlock with is called "Baker Rifle" It is a sparkshooter That I got in Marleybone and its does have a Bayonet I'm guessing I should be able to stitch them but I cannot.