Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

To Valkoor ye be truly Victorious!!!

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 26, 2010
It be a little late, but I must say congratulations to me good friend Valkoor the Victorious on earning 5000 yars it be a achievement worth celebrating if ye ask me, funny it seemed only not too long ago he had his 4000th yar yet here we be now with yet another honorable accolade to be proud of, well done me friend well done indeed and I speak fer us all to tell how we be proud and grateful of what ye do here on the message broads, keep up the hard and great work, again congrats to ye ye've earned it.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
May Valkoor always be Victorious! His thorough knowledge of pets and pet training is second to none on these boards ( with the exception of Decius, of course ). His explanations of getting gold through pet training and raising a 'perfect' pet made my eyes water and gave me a pounding headache! If you want to know everything about pets ( and a few things you don't ) just ask him. Also he is always ready to help a pirate get a certain pet; just ask!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Aye and congratulations Sir Valkoor The Victorious. Your yar count truly reflects how much we appriciate you and your marvelous words of encouragement. You are such a massively great encourager that you keep us all in great spirits with your gentle and uplifting words.

Your wisdom is par excellence. I have also suffered slight head wobbling and claxons of overload ring out many a time when trying to take in all the wisdom you pour into just one post. Your explanations are great, I just need to be careful and take them in in small doses so that I understand it. There are times when I fail at even that but then I always know that you are so beyond patient and when I bug you with questions in game you always are generously kind as you train us up in the way we should morph.

You deserve every yar my friend. You are well loved.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Valkoor...what can I say...

For he is a pirate king!(Huzzah!)
And it is,it is a glorious thing,
to be a pirate king,(it is)
(Hurrah for our pirate king)

And before mister Valkoor comes in,telling me he isn't,I'm just gonna beg to differ,and say that in my eyes,he realyl is a pirate king.ANd he's awesome.Congrats buddy!

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
jack morgan933 on Jan 16, 2015 wrote:
It be a little late, but I must say congratulations to me good friend Valkoor the Victorious on earning 5000 yars it be a achievement worth celebrating if ye ask me, funny it seemed only not too long ago he had his 4000th yar yet here we be now with yet another honorable accolade to be proud of, well done me friend well done indeed and I speak fer us all to tell how we be proud and grateful of what ye do here on the message broads, keep up the hard and great work, again congrats to ye ye've earned it.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan
Yarr Har well done sir Valkoor Ye toattly deserve them

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Ach, now you've got me singing Gilbert & Sullivan, Felix (no bad thing, really)

But Valkoor, like Chrissy, your generosity of spirit and willingness to help have become legendary... as reflected by how much we all appreciate your posts. They are full of useful information, often enlightening, and very frequently hilarious. I dearly love to laugh (as said Elizabeth Bennet in Pride & Prejudice), and I do so enjoy your good-natured wit and silliness. May you long continue!

Commodore
May 31, 2009

- Deadeye Jack Morgan
Bother, I showed up to the congrats thread late as usual. All I can do is echo what others have said, because it's all true! Congrats to you Valkoor, you deserve all of those yars and more. Your posts are always informative and funny, or one or the other, but usually both, and I love reading them! Thanks for all you've brought to the boards, and congratulations again on 5000 yars!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013

- Deadeye Jack Morgan
Why Jack, you're way too kind...as always. I thank you for taking the time to always "speak up" & acknowledge your fellow posters here on the boards. From sharing time here & chatting with you in game, it's clear that you have a mighty fine heart & are always looking to bring a smile to your brothers & sisters in arms. So for that we all thank you & I certainly appreciate the efforts you make to extend a friendly pat on the back to all of us here.

Now to accept my award-- I wasn't really prepared, so I didn't have an acceptance speech planned out. I'll just have to make like Zeena & just wing it.

My fellow pirates far, wide & even further-- on behalf of all of us Armadian-oppressed orphans, with horns on my head & goof in my heart, I graciously accept this prestigious & highly sought after award. It is an honor to receive such a prize & it shall forever rest high upon my mantle, just out of that Celestial Trickster's hairy reach!...never can be too careful these day!

Over four scores (2 touchdowns & 2 field goals) & 5000 yars ago, this father of four (have to include my doggie) set forth to do the near impossible-- only problem is I couldn't remember what it was, so instead I stumbled upon the Message Boards. Following the oft teary eyed producing wisdom of my mommy, whom once said, "If you post it, they will Yar"..(hmm, maybe it was "Clean the Yarrd or I'll post ye"), I began my journey to seek fortune & fame that would surely flow from the tips of my fingers. It's been a perilous & humbling voyage filled with all of the glory & hoof biting moments (sorry Subodai) that an adventurous pirate could hope for. There's been many posts lost at sea, blinding fog that comes from trying to explain morphing to pirates named Esperanza & Chrissy, mutiny a foot (which I was able to put sock in & boot it away) & soooo much more danger filled excitement.

So, to the committee & to the residents of the board, again, I can not thank you enough for this award..

"Cap'n there's no award, quit yer blubberin'"
"Pirate say, what-- WHAAAAATT? No award."
"No Captain, I an I always says, you need to take off dat goofy helmet-- it be pushing too hard on ye brain!"
"NO AWARD!"
"Simmer down, there may not be an award but there sure be a reward."
"Da-HUH? "
"Well, your reward is all these wonderful people offering up such nice posts and words of kindness."
"Yeah, Cap'n an award like no other!"
"Well tickle me Elmo! I'm speechless..."
"Dat'll be de day.."
"Zip it Scratch, or I'll be having a bone to pick with ya!"
"Ohhh, Fizzle-sticks!"

Well shucks guys, I clearly can't thank you all enough for all of your kind words. I really, truly do appreciate it & it's been amazing getting to spend time here posting alongside all of you. You all are such a wonderful crew to be "sailing with" & I am so happy that I decided to venture out & join the boards. Looks like my mommy was right...yep, she did hit me a time or two with a post, for not cleaning the yard.

Thank you all again!

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
Sam awoke on the beach. The gentle lapping of the waves tickled his toes. The gentle warmth of the sun caressed his eyes as they slowly focused on... There it was - right where Emmett had calculated it would wash up. Sam leapt to his feet and ran across the sand. The seventh and final piece of Marco Pollo's map! This would put an end to Kane's machinations once and for all. Sam savored the moment, then bent down to retrieve...

"Cap'n? We have a problem."
"C'mon, Cap'n. You have to get up."
"Wazzat? Hmp zury flugat marpin?"
"No, guess again, Cap'n."
"NO! I had it. I almost had it in my very own hands!"
"What's that, Cap'n?"
"The map! THE MAP!"
"Actually, its Valkoor."
"No, it's mine, I tell you. Mine, mine, mine..."
"As much as we would all enjoy hearing you ramble incoherently for a while, sir, we need to talk about Valkoor."
"What!? Is he here? Hide the eggs and sausage, man the one-eyed potatoes, flapjacks overboard."
"Settle down, Cap'n. You need to wake up for real a bit."

(five minutes later)

"Let's try this again. You were dreaming about the map, Cap'n. It's Valkoor we need to discuss."

(five minutes later - later)

"All right, I think I've got it now. You interrupted my wonderful dream to tell me Valkoor has an absurd number of yars. And you had to tell me in the middle of the night, when morning would have been just as good."
"When you put it like that, sir."

(another five minutes later - later)

"And that's what I think of you guys and your obsession with my lack of sleep!"
"It's astonishing. He didn't repeat himself once."
"Makes me jealous."
"So here's what we do. We all congratulate Valkoor - very quietly - and then back to rescuing the Spiral, at least in my dreams."
"Leave it to the Cap'n to come up with the cheapest solution to the problem."
"As for you two - there had better be a sumptuous breakfast for everyone when I finally do wake up. Now scat! Oh, one more thing - there had better be some left for me!"

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
I thank ye Valkoor me friend, that means a lot to me, I always speak truth when I talk bout me message board family it warms me heart to watch all who reads me work, again thank ye.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Sam Underhill on Jan 17, 2015 wrote:
Sam awoke on the beach. The gentle lapping of the waves tickled his toes. The gentle warmth of the sun caressed his eyes as they slowly focused on... There it was - right where Emmett had calculated it would wash up. Sam leapt to his feet and ran across the sand. The seventh and final piece of Marco Pollo's map! This would put an end to Kane's machinations once and for all. Sam savored the moment, then bent down to retrieve...

"What's that, Cap'n?"
"The map! THE MAP!"
"Actually, its Valkoor."
"As much as we would all enjoy hearing you ramble incoherently for a while, sir, we need to talk about Valkoor."
"What!? Is he here? Hide the eggs and sausage, man the one-eyed potatoes, flapjacks overboard."

(five minutes later)

"Let's try this again. You were dreaming about the map, Cap'n. It's Valkoor we need to discuss."

"All right, I think I've got it now. You interrupted my wonderful dream to tell me Valkoor has an absurd number of yars. And you had to tell me in the middle of the night, when morning would have been just as good."

"Makes me jealous."
"So here's what we do. We all congratulate Valkoor - very quietly - and then back to rescuing the Spiral, at least in my dreams."
"As for you two - there had better be a sumptuous breakfast for everyone when I finally do wake up. Now scat! Oh, one more thing - there had better be some left for me!"
Ok, sorry guys & gals-- I tried to give just a "one size fits all" type of thanks to all of you, but that's just not me. So, by nature, I've gotta thank you all 1 by 1, pirate to pirate & by name.

Jack you are more than welcome & believe me, I can tell that what you write comes from the heart. You may not post as often, but when you do it's rather meaningful & in kind support of your fellow marauders. So again, I, & we, thank you.

Esperanza, I'm so sorry to bring tears to your eyes & leave you with a pounding headache...but that's what pirate friends are for, arrr! If there's anything you don't wish to know, just do or don't ask & I'll probably do my best & worst to oblige-- I often don't even know what messages I am conveying until they have already seen the light of posting...it's like getting a prize from a Cracker Jack box, may keep it or toss it. Thank you kindly.

Chrissy...thank you so much! Your words are always things of beauty. I think you could even cheer up Dead Mike & breath some life back into him. I guess that is the thing about being Th' Blesser-- you are so good at it. And claxons, what a great word-- I thought it may have referred to those that fought against Emperor Charlemagne & the Frankish Empire. Boy was I wrong! Thank you again Chrissy, you are such a sweetheart & I always appreciate all that you do for all of us here on the boards.

Felix...really I'm not! And you're pretty darn awesome as well. Whenever I read one of your posts, I just feel like singing & dancing-- in a Hoodoo-y, kick tail, spell unleashing kind of way, of course. I appreciate the kind words & the great song as well. You possess a wisdom far beyond your years, all while still providing quite a few hardy laughs. Long live The Hoodoo Master & the glorious pun!

Dragonmaster, I thank you very much for the thoughtful post & I appreciate your kind words. You've been a great addition to the boards & I surely look forward to reading more from you. Hopefully we marauders can organize another party of sorts, so that the seasoned posters & newer ones can get to officially meet in game. I know that many have, but it'd be nice for the rest of us. Thanks again!

Anne, I must say that whenever I want to learn something wonderfully new, I simply seek out your most recent post(s). For me your posts always border on the states of simply fascinating, highly educating, totally mesmerizing & OH! WOW! I can't thank you enough for being so kind & for always invoking & engaging my brain's inner sponge. I really appreciate the kind words.

Misty- thank you, thank ye & ty! I really wish I would have kept a log of our oft spiraling out of control Spiral chats. They are always a bit like me, heading in multiple directions, with no true direction-- I simply love it! I truly appreciate your appreciating all of my goofy antics & perpetual puns. And actually you're not so bad at producing a mighty laugh either. Again, thank you!

And Sam...hmmmm, what to do about thanking S.A.M.........

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Sam Underhill on Jan 17, 2015 wrote:

"What's that, Cap'n?"
"The map! THE MAP!"
"Actually, its Valkoor."

(five minutes later)

"Makes me jealous."
Sam, let me start by saying, this post is a bit of an awkward read, but it's by design & serves multiple purposes in thanking you. I know, I know -- I'm a nutball. There are 3 distinct stories/messages within this post. I hope it all lines up the way I intended it to. If it doesn't then it will be quite a mess Here's a bit of a clue on one of the "hidden" messages. There are the same number of words in each line & 1, 7, 9 and 12 happen to be my favorite numbers. Also, as a kid I so enjoyed playing on a seesaw..down, up, down, up -- what bold & Capital fun it was!

Two words to say to ye Sam, thank Ye, so very Much!
Hours after reading your post, this Captain is Still laughing ever So.
After enjoying your post, I sure Am gonna Have to commend You.
Nudging my brain for a moment, I found The way to Thank
Kindly, although now I need surgery For my Gall bladder -- thanks Sam!
Sam's time spent dreaming is surely Not enough For a fine Captain.
Ever hilarious banter and if I May, certainly What pleasure it Reads.
Vigilant and poetic, with great humor, You make It positively just That!
Eccentric ye be -- just make sure No rat Takes all your Bloomers!
Rodent crew members seize any single Moment available To add to Their
Sloshed stashes of various goodies-,that A rat Be building dreams On.
Odorous and thieving, tis a rat-- Just this Merely has been Written.
Mud slings both ways and to Interject,leaves A mighty strong Message!
Upon reading of your wonderful post, I feel Pirate Life brings A
Captain's crew great pleasure, which surely May help In many future Reveals.
Head above shoulders, you're sure a Cap'n dandy-- My brain knows That!
Cap'n needs faithful companions, for without Them a Crew becomes the Letter
A followed by the word disaster. Hit me, Eh? I'll send A
Piratin' band of brigands that knows What kinda Course ye be Bearing.
Troupe of marauders, I sure do Know this-- Cap'n does appreciate Each
Approaches taken by faithful comrades and Even monkeys! But a pride With-
In my heart tells me I'll Not, never Speak along your Side.
Northern territories and southern lands, we Will explore If we sail By
Skyways and windlanes-- many spiral foes, They know I step a Side,
Avast,.for no one, and I For one May thank my Crew.
Men, and ladies too, let's conquer Skyways in The name of Valkoor('s)!
Understand this though, together we fight The enemies Approaching the likes Of.
Now and forever may we rise Up. This Ship -- seven days, 24,
Dastardly hours a day, will provide Light that Is always to Be.
Enemies will cower in trembling fear To see Waving ship sails. To
Risk life for the oppressed, we Prepare for The fight! It Appears.
Having friends share such wonderful sentiments And express Symbols of kindness -- It('s)
Ill fated for enemies. Sam your Posts, full Of humor, makes Captain
Lessons a thrill! Here's to wishing Your family Peace and joy. Enough
Learned lessons make me a better Man, I'll Say that for Sure!