Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I think there should be more Pirate Items

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 14, 2012
It's almost like what happened in Wizard101 where the team completely went away from the wizardly look and gave us Jungle Clothes and ancient armor. People would just stitch with the elegant clothes.

Also with ships, we need more variety

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Each world has a certain "look"; I wouldn't expect Eagles to dress like Dogs or vice versa. Stitching is available for those dissatisfied with how the clothes look or how their weapon impacts their vision of how their pirate should dress.
I, personally, enjoy the styles of Skull Island, and most of my pirates dress in those gears and clothes. I'm looking forward to the story updates; which usually bring new worlds to explore. My Buccaneer dearly hopes that Grizzleheim is one of these worlds and so wants to dress in "Bear style".
Of course, my Witchdoctor would like some Krokotopian gear, as well.

Ensign
Oct 13, 2010
I've always thought that for a fair amount of the worlds, I never really seemed to feel like my character was a pirate. I always have to remind myself in Cool Ranch, "oh yeah! I'm a pirate!". For the clothes, I usually stitch the Aquilan armor (or I guess now Moo Manchu gear) with something that looks more like what a pirate would wear.

Though I don't really understand what you mean by saying the ships need more diversity. Honestly, I think the only ships that look alike (not including crowns shop, bundle, or gold-bought ships) are the Skull Island, Monquista, and Marleybone ones, and even those are pretty distinguishable.

Ensign
Nov 14, 2012
If you go search "Pirates Of The Caribbean Online Ships" you'd get an understanding of what I mean by more variety of pirate ships.

As for the clothes, I think there should be more Skull Island items. I mean sure there are people who enjoy dressing in their favorite world's clothes but I feel like people are forced to dress in aquilan basic clothing.

And as for your suggestion to just stich, pirates crave varietey and their own style and have a goal. There is very little amount of Piratey items people can stitch with too

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Kieran the Great J... on Jan 7, 2015 wrote:
If you go search "Pirates Of The Caribbean Online Ships" you'd get an understanding of what I mean by more variety of pirate ships.

As for the clothes, I think there should be more Skull Island items. I mean sure there are people who enjoy dressing in their favorite world's clothes but I feel like people are forced to dress in aquilan basic clothing.

And as for your suggestion to just stich, pirates crave varietey and their own style and have a goal. There is very little amount of Piratey items people can stitch with too
Why do you feel we are "forced to dress in aquilan basic clothing"? That makes no sense to me. We are allowed to choose whatever style we like.

"There is very little amount of Piratey items people can stitch with too"

I've found plenty of pirate-style clothing items. I think you'll find that many different piratey looks can be created by switching jackets, hats, and boots until you find a combination you like.

On the subject of ship variety (I did Google the Pirates of the Caribbean Online ships), I think there is plenty of customization available for our ships. We are able to purchase (or receive as drops) many different ship items, which in turn gives us the ability to create a unique ship.

Ensign
Nov 14, 2012
MistyDragon13 on Jan 7, 2015 wrote:
Why do you feel we are "forced to dress in aquilan basic clothing"? That makes no sense to me. We are allowed to choose whatever style we like.

"There is very little amount of Piratey items people can stitch with too"

I've found plenty of pirate-style clothing items. I think you'll find that many different piratey looks can be created by switching jackets, hats, and boots until you find a combination you like.

On the subject of ship variety (I did Google the Pirates of the Caribbean Online ships), I think there is plenty of customization available for our ships. We are able to purchase (or receive as drops) many different ship items, which in turn gives us the ability to create a unique ship.
But why are you trying to argue with me over this though? Where in this idea do you lose benefits?

Those Pirate-Style clothing items are those low lvl items that doesnt even look good for one.

And I dont think there is plenty of customization available for ships which is why I suggested that they add more.
And that wasnt my point although its true, I was requesting for more Piratey Like ships such as the one you googled.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Kieran the Great J... on Jan 10, 2015 wrote:
But why are you trying to argue with me over this though? Where in this idea do you lose benefits?

Those Pirate-Style clothing items are those low lvl items that doesnt even look good for one.

And I dont think there is plenty of customization available for ships which is why I suggested that they add more.
And that wasnt my point although its true, I was requesting for more Piratey Like ships such as the one you googled.
"Those Pirate-Style clothing items are those low lvl items that doesn't even look good for one."
Excuse me, that is an opinion, I'm one pirate who enjoys those 'low lvl' items-I stitch them to my high level items, because I don't want to look like a Roman Soldier, but I support your choice to wear whatever you personally like.
There are plenty of ship styles, and I'm sure there's plenty more coming with the next story update.

Ensign
Nov 14, 2012
It isn't really an opinion. If you look at some of them you'll see holes in them and torns. They were made to look like that I: It's like a rags to riches thing.

And I hope what you say about new ships is true.

Ensign
Nov 14, 2012
look like a pirate on a game called pirate101 or a roman soldier.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Kieran the Great J... on Jan 12, 2015 wrote:
look like a pirate on a game called pirate101 or a roman soldier.
The Romans had pirates, too. And I've seen some smartly dressed Roman soldiers. I support anyone wearing anything and in any combination that they like and which suits what they think their pirate should look like. I'll never forget one player who kept nagging another pirate by saying: "You're a swashbuckler, why are you dressed like a privateer?" It was very annoying.
P.S. I'm not dressed in rags, I have a very dressy coat, floppy hat with feathers, and those beautiful Turncoat boots ( the only part of my ensemble, except my weapons, that haven't been stitched. )

Commodore
May 31, 2009
anecorbie on Jan 12, 2015 wrote:
The Romans had pirates, too. And I've seen some smartly dressed Roman soldiers. I support anyone wearing anything and in any combination that they like and which suits what they think their pirate should look like. I'll never forget one player who kept nagging another pirate by saying: "You're a swashbuckler, why are you dressed like a privateer?" It was very annoying.
P.S. I'm not dressed in rags, I have a very dressy coat, floppy hat with feathers, and those beautiful Turncoat boots ( the only part of my ensemble, except my weapons, that haven't been stitched. )
Going along with this, I always get asked, "Why are you dressed like a noob when you're max level?" I wear Skull Island gear because it fits the picture of what my pirate looks like. And Anecoebie states, the piratey gear available isn't all rags; some of it is actually pretty dressy.

I said it before, but I'm going to repeat myself. We aren't limited to the style someone thinks we "should" wear. We can pick whatever combination of gear we think fits our pirate, whatever that may be.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Kieran the Great J... on Jan 12, 2015 wrote:
It isn't really an opinion. If you look at some of them you'll see holes in them and torns. They were made to look like that I: It's like a rags to riches thing.

And I hope what you say about new ships is true.
You are right, Kieran, that some of the Skull Island clothing have rips and tears in them -- but not all. There are some very lovely 18th C. style 'gentleman's suits' with gold braid and nice detailing, and sort-of 17th C. style fancy jerkins with full shirts. It is true that I have not yet found white stockings and shoes with buckles (I envy some of the NPCs!), but there are some very nice boots.

There is especially nice 'piratey' clothing to be had fighting against Fin Dorsal in Skull Island, beautiful clothes for every class that is worth the effort. Especially those hats! And stitching is not expensive, especially when you can earn crowns with those fun trivia games KI has. (I particularly enjoy the book quotes, poetry, science, and mythology ones)

Ensign
Nov 14, 2012
MistyDragon13 on Jan 12, 2015 wrote:
Going along with this, I always get asked, "Why are you dressed like a noob when you're max level?" I wear Skull Island gear because it fits the picture of what my pirate looks like. And Anecoebie states, the piratey gear available isn't all rags; some of it is actually pretty dressy.

I said it before, but I'm going to repeat myself. We aren't limited to the style someone thinks we "should" wear. We can pick whatever combination of gear we think fits our pirate, whatever that may be.
And I'm going to repeat myself. I think we should have more pirate-like items.

Anything else guys?

Petty Officer
Apr 21, 2012
A pirate is not judged by the appearance of his/her wardrobe but about his/her crimes on the sea. For that is the meaning of being a pirate. No, seriously, that's the actual definition of a pirate.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Kieran the Great J... on Jan 13, 2015 wrote:
And I'm going to repeat myself. I think we should have more pirate-like items.

Anything else guys?
Anything else? I googled the Pirates of the Carribean ship images and what did I see? Galleon after galleon after skiff after frigate; in fact the same ship styles we see in Skull Island and Port Regal/Marleybone. If that's what you mean by variety, give me KI every time.
There was nothing as imaginative as the ships from Cool Ranch, MooShu or Aquila.
Same with the clothes that KI provides, there is plenty of choice for all pirates.

Ensign
Oct 13, 2010
From what I'm gathering from this, a main thing you want to see is more diverse pirate ships. But honestly I don't see how KI could get any more diverse pirate ships than what they already have right now. Believe it or not, the Aquilan and Mooshu ships seem to actually be based on pirate ships from those respective areas in those respective time periods. Look up "ancient roman pirate ship" and "Asian pirate ships" to see what I mean.