Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Doubloons and Finance

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Feb 01, 2011
It's kind of odd how doubloons are (were) actual currency in the real world, but we're not allowed to buy (except for the one in the Black Market), sell, trade or even dispose of our doubloons. Between all the merchants, the Skull Island Bazaar, and the new Black Market, we have a bustling economy in our game. Frankly, some of the doubloons I don't use or even want, as (especially when soloing) they can show up and just take up a space that a more useful doubloon might have appeared in otherwise. For example, the one that lets us 'banish' all pets...it seems to only be useful in PvP, and I never PvP. Also, I'm not a fan of the Tower Shield doubloon (I don't like that you can't pick who receives the shield).

So, any plans on letting us buy, sell, trade or trash doubloons?

Ensign
Jan 29, 2014
galliard1 on Jan 4, 2015 wrote:
It's kind of odd how doubloons are (were) actual currency in the real world, but we're not allowed to buy (except for the one in the Black Market), sell, trade or even dispose of our doubloons. Between all the merchants, the Skull Island Bazaar, and the new Black Market, we have a bustling economy in our game. Frankly, some of the doubloons I don't use or even want, as (especially when soloing) they can show up and just take up a space that a more useful doubloon might have appeared in otherwise. For example, the one that lets us 'banish' all pets...it seems to only be useful in PvP, and I never PvP. Also, I'm not a fan of the Tower Shield doubloon (I don't like that you can't pick who receives the shield).

i will have to agree with ya. i have the same problem the only way you can get rid of the ones you dont want is trading with people and i hate that because they most likely give you some and when you tell them you dont want any they cancel the trade! i would very much approve if we can sell our doubloons for script.

and how do you start the dissucion?

fearful cassandra lvl 25 ( about to be 26)

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013

Hi galliard1. Just wanted to let you know that you can actually trade Doubloons with other pirates whom are willing to do so. Just click on their pirate in game and you will see a trade or trade doubloons button (haven't done it in awhile). I'd suggest first asking them if they would like to trade doubloons. Then you can select the ones you wish to part with and the other party can do so as well. If both sides agree on the transaction, then you can conduct the trade. Open chat helps a ton, so that you can relay what you are after and what you wish to part with.

If you are a member of Central, there is even a forum called Doubloon Trading in which you can post what Doubloons you are seeking out and what you may have to offer up for trade. Your fellow Central members can see your post and you can plan to meet and make the Doubloon exchange.

But I do find it rather interesting that we can't at least sell our unwanted doubloons. Like you stated, they were a source of real-world currency and trade, yet I don't think those could summon beasts and such, so at least throwing them into the Spiral's trade and economy would seem somewhat fitting. Perhaps in the future this is a feature that will be added to the Black Market-- the purchasing of more doubloons and selling of unwanted ones. Since it just got up and running, it may take a future update or two before we see more Doubloons in the BM or possibly be able to conduct trade using them as tradable components. Although, Doubloons in general are fairly new themselves, so selling/purchasing them may have been in the works from the very beginning, but it just hasn't transpired as of yet. Possibly there's room to grow in this department as there oft is in any aspect of an MMO.

As of right now, I would be perfectly happy with being able to at least put them in our pirates Banks...but not the Shared Banks as it would be way too easy to spam level 65 Doubloons onto our level 5 pirate. Unless they somehow made so that our other pirates could not remove them from the Shared Bank until they reached the level of the Doubloon itself. But right now, I would be happy being able to place them in the Bank, so that I could put lower level ones in and not have to worry about them showing up in battle-- even though I have them on the last slot, on the last page in the Doubloon roster. Even lower level Doubloons can help a max pirate, but seeing several pop up a couple rounds in a row against Arena foes, can be tough. If we could at least place them into our Banks, without them counting towards Bank space, it would surely help. But they are a Bonus Feature that provides benefits in battle, so we can't be too greedy in having them work perfectly to our liking. Plus, the programming may not allow it, since they are possibly programmed to act as a power and not necessarily a piece of gear. And we can't store powers.

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
Ensign
Mar 10, 2009

I may be wrong on all of my information (Lol) so don't quote mo on this. I am pretty sure you can trade doubloons already. Actually I am almost positive you can. When you click on a friend, there should be a trade option. The black market lets you buy doubloons, and I don't really know if you can sell or trash them. If you want to get rid of doubloons, I suggest trading them off to friends and telling them you don't want any in return. I would also suggest, although this may take some time, to battle some troggy and use doubloon after doubloon. Anyhow, I do hope KI lets us sell them, since Moo Manchu practically made me doubloon rich. Happy Pirating -er doubloon destructing

Admiral
May 30, 2010

You can trade doubloons. I do it with Indigo's pirates all the time.

That said, have you rearranged the order of your doubloons to reduce the chances of the ones you dislike coming out?

The egg timer doubloon can actually be useful if you've forgotten to unequip your pets in Moo Manchu's tower and they're unable to reach an enemy so they start smacking the furniture and releasing corrupted lions. Of course, that's only that one level and there's no guarantee it'll appear when you want it, but there is a non PVP situation that it could be useful in.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012

In the September 2014 Update, KI allowed us to start trading Doubloons between Pirates.

Who knows, maybe they will let us sell Doubloons for Scrip similar to what we do with equipment we don't want in the Bazaar!

Whenever I get one of those Doubloons that I don't like in a fight, I use it if I don't have a better choice. It doesn't use up a turn and you only keep it in your inventory if you right click the Doubloon to discard it from combat. At the moment, there is no other way that I know of to remove Doubloons from our inventory.

I'd recommend keeping the Doubloon that allows us to banish Pets. Since we have Pets that fight along side of us, I would expect our enemies to have the same ability in the future.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
You are able to trade doubloons to other players. I often give all my unwanted ones to my other accounts lower level characters that I'm not playing as.
But I agree, there should be some way of getting rid of doubloons.