Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Hybrid Hunters

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 18, 2009
Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Looks like some of you are on the right track and some are a little off.

And to clarify when I say as been in about a year. That means that I made the change about a year ago. It does occasionally take a few months before changes get all the way to live from the time I make them.

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
Ok, I found a hybrid. I was just walking around Bestia, admiring Decius's awesome sparring skills, and I saw something. Ya know the pets that walk around Bestia in the loop and the eagles clapping at their pets? There are two eagles clapping at a blue ostrich, which proves that they put hybrids in the background area I was just talking about. Then I saw a green bunnicorn going around the loop.

I don't know what it is called, but is isn't a black monocorn.

Ensign
Apr 18, 2014
I do believe I figured it out!

Disco Toad!

By using a Jungle Toad and Clown Fish

I received and orange egg with green spots.

Super Cute

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
catalina36 on Sep 2, 2015 wrote:

Disco Toad!

Super Cute
Hooray!

Ensign
Jul 04, 2009

Disco Toad!

Super Cute
I got it too. Thanks for the info Catalina. The egg looks to be orange with BLUE spots.

Community Leader
I got to say that I'm a bit disappointed with the Disco Toad. It doesn't seem to be special looking at all. It looks like a Jungle Toad. I was expecting another wacky pet with a wig, party hat or a disco suit.

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013

Disco Toad!

Super Cute
Disco Toad.....COOL!!! Bet it gets the disco, dance floor hoppin'. When I get one, I wish I can name it John Toadvolta or Toady Manero. That one will probably go waaaay over the heads of the 'younger crowd', like most of mine do.

I gotta say Decius, you had me worked up a little bit. Based on your clues, I was so hoping for a Disco 'Dillo with a sweeeeeet, stylin' rainbow 'fro complete with a pick sticking out of it-- with a special power called Boogie Oogie Oogie...can you dig it? Ahh well, a Disco Toad is still pretty groooovy! RIGHT ON, my Eagle!

Congrats to you catalina36, on your hybrid discovery!

Ensign
Apr 18, 2014
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Sep 2, 2015 wrote:
Disco Toad.....COOL!!! Bet it gets the disco, dance floor hoppin'. When I get one, I wish I can name it John Toadvolta or Toady Manero. That one will probably go waaaay over the heads of the 'younger crowd', like most of mine do.

I gotta say Decius, you had me worked up a little bit. Based on your clues, I was so hoping for a Disco 'Dillo with a sweeeeeet, stylin' rainbow 'fro complete with a pick sticking out of it-- with a special power called Boogie Oogie Oogie...can you dig it? Ahh well, a Disco Toad is still pretty groooovy! RIGHT ON, my Eagle!

Congrats to you catalina36, on your hybrid discovery!
hahaha Valkoor! Now that "toad" would be worthy of the walk of fame.

Ensign
May 17, 2013
Gotta say, I'm a fan of Frogs... they're all over my apartment. It's really terrible. So, although it's just a re-skin of the Jungle Toad, it's still another frog, and that makes me happy. Granted, I would have liked something a little more unique. I'm all about the uniques!

Right now, my favorite pets are the ones there are only ONE of: Ram-a-Lam, Crokagator, Scrimshaw Drake, Lil' Labor Golem, though he's not really one of my favorites, but there are only really four unique model pets.

Right now, I've been playing with a theory for a hybrid that seems to fit Decius' love of word games.

Rock Crab + Armadillo Verde. What could it make? Why, a Rock N Roll, of course :D

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
Could we get a new clue now please? Possibly about the green bunnicorn?

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
MadisonWinterHorn on Sep 4, 2015 wrote:
Could we get a new clue now please? Possibly about the green bunnicorn?
clues are lovely... the aqua bunnicorn seems cuter to me by far because its ears are partly lop-style to me.. used to think the kloudnine + bunnicorn or monocorn might work, the celestial dragon also has been tied to both bunnies..now with the regatta out my first favorite would be to try seaweed spectre to either bunnicorn or monocorn..unfortunately am incredibly busy irl atm
so have only tried bunnicorn + seaweed twice :/
on another note am I the only one that has noticed the bunnicorn on the idol balancing plate of the 2 person sigil inside the morphing tent isn't the same as the original bunnicorn outside of bestia entrance? if so because of the lighting in there it might be pink but then again it might be lavender...maybe try an emusaur, violet bubblefish or my hopeful favorite the new winter jackalope + bunnicorn? haven't tried these yet hopefully good results will happen soon. :3
stormy jen silver

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
stormyjensilverdra... on Nov 12, 2015 wrote:
clues are lovely... the aqua bunnicorn seems cuter to me by far because its ears are partly lop-style to me.. used to think the kloudnine + bunnicorn or monocorn might work, the celestial dragon also has been tied to both bunnies..now with the regatta out my first favorite would be to try seaweed spectre to either bunnicorn or monocorn..unfortunately am incredibly busy irl atm
so have only tried bunnicorn + seaweed twice :/
on another note am I the only one that has noticed the bunnicorn on the idol balancing plate of the 2 person sigil inside the morphing tent isn't the same as the original bunnicorn outside of bestia entrance? if so because of the lighting in there it might be pink but then again it might be lavender...maybe try an emusaur, violet bubblefish or my hopeful favorite the new winter jackalope + bunnicorn? haven't tried these yet hopefully good results will happen soon. :3
stormy jen silver
I didn't accomplish any hybrids(twice attempting bunnicorn to winter) however I did help many(17) menu chats get a couple of decent pets..got to chat with a lady that said I somehow inspired her six months ago to love pets only by being willing to morph a paper dragon with her :,) it was nice to see all the regulars back in the morphing tent this past weekend too :3 x shares a plate of fresh homemade cookies with Decius x
stormy jen silver

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
Decius Duelmaster on Aug 10, 2015 wrote:
There is still only 1 card pet that is used for making hybrids.
so from August 10th to October 19th Decius was EXTREMELY busy adding in "some" card pets as possible hybrid parents :3
we love you Decius! plus when I reread these posts, I see how excited the forum gets over a new hint(might I be hinting for a new hint? XD lol) and with 150ish unknown pets out there many feel overwhelmed.. in a good way of course XD.. would still be very interested to know if any of this 150ish are unknown first generation pets.. if so, maybe you added in this recent past fall update? would it be too much to ask which world if so? like even if 15 new pets were scattered amongst various worlds' bosses, a hint towards where one might be hiding? example "find a hairy scary in old Valencia" etc..but if you a very busy Eagle, I will try to not bug you so much.. it can only mean good things for us pirates soon :3
ty for listening
stormy jen silver

Petty Officer
Oct 31, 2012
Ensign
Feb 25, 2015
stormyjensilverdra... on Nov 15, 2015 wrote:
I didn't accomplish any hybrids(twice attempting bunnicorn to winter) however I did help many(17) menu chats get a couple of decent pets..got to chat with a lady that said I somehow inspired her six months ago to love pets only by being willing to morph a paper dragon with her :,) it was nice to see all the regulars back in the morphing tent this past weekend too :3 x shares a plate of fresh homemade cookies with Decius x
stormy jen silver
I was going to attempt morphing the winter jackalope with a bunnicorn but now that I've read your comment saying it doesn't work I know not to try :D ty for helping me with that and good luck in the morphing tent!

- Quirky Destiny Templeton

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
strubbersisbae on Nov 28, 2015 wrote:
I was going to attempt morphing the winter jackalope with a bunnicorn but now that I've read your comment saying it doesn't work I know not to try :D ty for helping me with that and good luck in the morphing tent!

- Quirky Destiny Templeton
o well actually we never know.. morphing on p101 is a tricky sport..and i had only enough to attempt it twice..many a time something isnt discovered until 30+..for example the sunshine tarantula.. i tried that combo 3 days before the morphathon and that was quite awhile ago... have 17 tarantulas and 14 golden stingtails just on one of my pirates XD and yet it has now been recently discovered as it being a correct combo.. so its not just whether or not a combo is right(I am not alone in having the correct combo and still no discovery) it is a bit of magic too :3 whether or not the hidden pet is done being shy and also the correct 1st time owner :3 so try the combo if its one you agree with.. never know the newly discovered baby might be yours!
stormy jen silver

Ensign
Feb 25, 2015
stormyjensilverdra... on Nov 30, 2015 wrote:
o well actually we never know.. morphing on p101 is a tricky sport..and i had only enough to attempt it twice..many a time something isnt discovered until 30+..for example the sunshine tarantula.. i tried that combo 3 days before the morphathon and that was quite awhile ago... have 17 tarantulas and 14 golden stingtails just on one of my pirates XD and yet it has now been recently discovered as it being a correct combo.. so its not just whether or not a combo is right(I am not alone in having the correct combo and still no discovery) it is a bit of magic too :3 whether or not the hidden pet is done being shy and also the correct 1st time owner :3 so try the combo if its one you agree with.. never know the newly discovered baby might be yours!
stormy jen silver
maybe I will :D ty for that and good luck in the tent!

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
strubbersisbae on Dec 2, 2015 wrote:
maybe I will :D ty for that and good luck in the tent!
ty and you too! by the way welcome to the message boards..always lovely to meet a new marauder(as Chrissy would say)
stormy jen silver

Ensign
Feb 25, 2015
stormyjensilverdra... on Dec 3, 2015 wrote:
ty and you too! by the way welcome to the message boards..always lovely to meet a new marauder(as Chrissy would say)
stormy jen silver
thanks again :P maybe i'll meet you in the tent one day :P if I do i'll be sure to add you :D

Ensign
Feb 25, 2015
I've heard of the combo for the winter scarab now idk if other know it but for anyone that doesn't its a ice scarab and frostbiter :D hope that helps - Quirky Destiny Templeton

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
strubbersisbae on Dec 11, 2015 wrote:
I've heard of the combo for the winter scarab now idk if other know it but for anyone that doesn't its a ice scarab and frostbiter :D hope that helps - Quirky Destiny Templeton
snow scarab? or new one? winter threw me off XD
stormy jen silver

Ensign
Feb 25, 2015
stormyjensilverdra... on Dec 12, 2015 wrote:
snow scarab? or new one? winter threw me off XD
stormy jen silver
snow scarab :D - Quirky Destiny Templeton

Ensign
Feb 25, 2015
guys I've just realised something... we have a spider in game called the Anansi spider I've asked many friends and they say it skitters instead of crawls, it also has a massive red stripe going down its back. COULD THIS BE ONE HALF OF THE HYBRID! :P if anyone has any suggestions to morph it with pls reply and i'll try it and maybe we'll finally find the hybrid we've all been looking for xD

Ensign
Feb 25, 2015
Kelsey Fireheart on Dec 12, 2014 wrote:
Wait does the new holiday pets; the Ostrich Pear Tree and Santa Claws produce hybrids? As well as the Jungle Toad and Iguana? Or is it for pets BEFORE them that can produce hybrids?

Also, Crawls in Purple would make me think of Cutie Chameleon. I would think Skitters would fit Coconut Crawlie except it's not really red. It has a green shell. There's no red skittering pet except if you talk about Crimson Crawlie however it's a card pet, so no.

Crawls makes me think of pets that are low to the ground and crawls slowly like crocs, chameleons, etc. Skitters again low to the ground, but moves fast like bugs, crabs, scylla, etc. Both seem to be pets who actually walk on the ground, not float, fly above it.

But if it is actually Red and skitters... Maybe we shouldn't be so literal about the red color. After all the Coral Widow is partly red? It does skitter like a bug would. As long as it has the red, it should count too even though it's mostly black?

So could it be the Cutie Chameleon x Coral Widow Spider? Has anyone tried that?
maybe the cutie chameleon x Anansi spider