Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A New Pet?

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I was in the Palace of Ithaca ( test realm ) when I received a Croaking Egg; it's colors were yellow with green spots - and to my surprise it hatched into a Frog ! That's right just a plain ol' frog, is this a new pet or just one I've never heard of?

Ensign
May 16, 2011
Seriously interesting. Thanks Anecorbie

I know where I'll be after the update. lol

Lieutenant
Jul 11, 2009
Do not know of anything other than the Fire toad and the thorny toad hybrid / Nothing on live and been farming that place for quite a while now

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Cool I always wondered if there was just a frog. Could you morph it with a minotaur and get a bullfrog?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Just a plain Frog, huh? Well, more hybrid madness awaits us! That plain Frog is probably going to be a key to part of a hybrid morph!

@DuranteRamses: A Bullfrog would make sense as a hybrid with this guy and the Mini-Minotaur. You could be on to something there.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
It likes MooShu main snacks. And has got the Elusive talent so far it is now level 17.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
That is pretty exciting news Esperanza! Thanks for sharing and I wonder how many other new, undiscovered pets may be floating around in the Test Realm, or perhaps maybe even in Live-- has anyone tried Monquista lately (in test or live)? I know I haven't been back there in ages, maybe Decius snuck in a pet while we weren't monkeying around!

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
Palace of Ithaca?

Just to make sure I'm in the right place : Is it the Palace of Ulysses? On Ithaca? The Antinous fight?

I tried this location last night in live realm and test with no luck but I will keep at it!

Thank you so much for the info! :-D

Valkoor- I spent a few hours in Monquista after the Moo update farming the Carnivorous Plant monster thing to see if I could I could perhaps find a seedling to take with me, but no luck. I'll spend a few more hours there when the new update hits live.

~Clumsy Calamity

Lieutenant
Feb 15, 2014
warriorscreed on Dec 3, 2014 wrote:
Just a plain Frog, huh? Well, more hybrid madness awaits us! That plain Frog is probably going to be a key to part of a hybrid morph!

@DuranteRamses: A Bullfrog would make sense as a hybrid with this guy and the Mini-Minotaur. You could be on to something there.
the bulrog would have to have a fire element
it does not complete the lord of the rings without it

Petty Officer
Jun 12, 2011
anecorbie on Dec 2, 2014 wrote:
I was in the Palace of Ithaca ( test realm ) when I received a Croaking Egg; it's colors were yellow with green spots - and to my surprise it hatched into a Frog ! That's right just a plain ol' frog, is this a new pet or just one I've never heard of?
Thanks for the info Sounds like we will be able to make that Ice Frog from the puppet show real soon

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
So, I decided to log into Test on my work laptop for the first time, so that I could conduct pet research......while I was "working". Since it was my first time in Test on the laptop, I had to wait for all of the updated files to load and saw a couple of interesting things whiz by.

It seemed to be loading/updating pet files at the time, which I could tell because that's all that flashed by, when I saw the Frog animations for the pet that Esperanza discovered. What was even more interesting was that I also saw animations and/or files load for these possible pets: Bird, Spider, Toad and the most interesting ones were for............Bunnycorn and Piranha! Now Spider, Bird and Toad could easily just refer to already existing in the Live game or even the new Spider from the Black Market, but with the discovery of the new plain old Frog.......perhaps they are entirely different pets altogether.

But one thing is for certain-- that loading of the Bunnycorn and Piranha files really got me quite a bit intrigued and excited. Maybe I should try morphing for hybrids in Test tonight!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Dec 3, 2014 wrote:
So, I decided to log into Test on my work laptop for the first time, so that I could conduct pet research......while I was "working". Since it was my first time in Test on the laptop, I had to wait for all of the updated files to load and saw a couple of interesting things whiz by.

It seemed to be loading/updating pet files at the time, which I could tell because that's all that flashed by, when I saw the Frog animations for the pet that Esperanza discovered. What was even more interesting was that I also saw animations and/or files load for these possible pets: Bird, Spider, Toad and the most interesting ones were for............Bunnycorn and Piranha! Now Spider, Bird and Toad could easily just refer to already existing in the Live game or even the new Spider from the Black Market, but with the discovery of the new plain old Frog.......perhaps they are entirely different pets altogether.

But one thing is for certain-- that loading of the Bunnycorn and Piranha files really got me quite a bit intrigued and excited. Maybe I should try morphing for hybrids in Test tonight!
Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity PixieShad... on Dec 3, 2014 wrote:
Palace of Ithaca?

Just to make sure I'm in the right place : Is it the Palace of Ulysses? On Ithaca? The Antinous fight?

I tried this location last night in live realm and test with no luck but I will keep at it!

Thank you so much for the info! :-D

Valkoor- I spent a few hours in Monquista after the Moo update farming the Carnivorous Plant monster thing to see if I could I could perhaps find a seedling to take with me, but no luck. I'll spend a few more hours there when the new update hits live.

~Clumsy Calamity
To answer your questions: yes, yes, & yes. I received it after the second battle, the one where we have to rescue Telemachus.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Progress report on the Frog:
It is now level 58
Epics: Virulent Musk - 115 damage, 34 ( I had a hard time seeing the symbol, but it seemed to be a heart ) health? for 2 rounds.
Nautilus Leap - 115 damage, you gain + 50% armor for 2 rounds
Elusive 2
Talents: Naturally Spirited & Extra Guile
Stats:
Base Accuracy - 93
Base Dodge - 93
Base Armor - 14 ( obviously, amphibians have a thin skin )
Base Magic Resistance - 68
Liked snacks - Monster Island Mochi, Wild Rice, Yakatori, Green Tea & Banana Soup
Loved - Farm Fresh Yum

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2012
anecorbie on Dec 4, 2014 wrote:
It is now level 58
Epics: Virulent Musk - 115 damage, 34 ( I had a hard time seeing the symbol, but it seemed to be a heart ) health? for 2 rounds.
Elusive 2
Stats:
Base Accuracy - 93
Base Dodge - 93
Liked snacks - Monster Island Mochi, Wild Rice, Yakatori, Green Tea & Banana Soup
Loved - Farm Fresh Yum
Very interesting on the feeding. It breaks the normal pattern. Farm Fresh Yum and Green Tea are Mooshu universal foods and it should have loved both if one is loved. However you only got a like from the 3 types of Mooshu snacks (desert, main, side). Banana Soup is the Monquistan universal food and all pets will at least like it (Monquista pets will love).

So a pet that doesn't follow the normal snack food rules. A disturbing new trend. *facepalm*

Admiral
May 30, 2010
anecorbie on Dec 4, 2014 wrote:
It is now level 58
Elusive 2
Stats:
Base Accuracy - 93
Base Dodge - 93
Loved - Farm Fresh Yum
Virulent musk sounds disgusting -- but useful!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Just Another Pirat... on Dec 4, 2014 wrote:
Very interesting on the feeding. It breaks the normal pattern. Farm Fresh Yum and Green Tea are Mooshu universal foods and it should have loved both if one is loved. However you only got a like from the 3 types of Mooshu snacks (desert, main, side). Banana Soup is the Monquistan universal food and all pets will at least like it (Monquista pets will love).

So a pet that doesn't follow the normal snack food rules. A disturbing new trend. *facepalm*
*Double facepalm*

If this is indeed tha case and new pets won't be following the same Snack "guidelines", then that is just going to reek havoc on the Snack Cheat Sheet I created over on Central. Yikes, I shudder at the thought of making sense of it all.

I'm hoping that perhaps Esperanza made an ever-so-slight error and the Frog also Loves Moolong Tea and it just somehow slipped through the cracks.

The snack preferences of the Frog do show that it prefers MooShu Snacks but the class preference (Main Course, Side Dish, Dessert) can't be determined yet since all but the Banana Soup are MooShu snacks and represent all 3 Snack classes-- Yakatori (Main Course), Wild Rice (Side Dish) and Monster Island Mochi (Dessert). With, as you noted, Banana Soup being a Universal Snack-- it will always produce a Like result for pet preferring non-Monquistan Snacks and Loved for a pet preferring Monquistan Snacks.

So Esperanza, would you be so kind to feed your pet a Main Course, Side Dish and Dessert, from any world besides MooShu? This way we'll know which class of MooShu Snacks it Loves. Also, if possible could you feed it another Moolong Tea to see if it does indeed only Like it, when based on current feeding scenarios, it should in fact be Loving Moolong Tea (providing it surely prefers MooShu Snacks, which appears the case).

Thank you and thanks for the update and report!

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Dec 5, 2014 wrote:
*Double facepalm*

If this is indeed tha case and new pets won't be following the same Snack "guidelines", then that is just going to reek havoc on the Snack Cheat Sheet I created over on Central. Yikes, I shudder at the thought of making sense of it all.

I'm hoping that perhaps Esperanza made an ever-so-slight error and the Frog also Loves Moolong Tea and it just somehow slipped through the cracks.

The snack preferences of the Frog do show that it prefers MooShu Snacks but the class preference (Main Course, Side Dish, Dessert) can't be determined yet since all but the Banana Soup are MooShu snacks and represent all 3 Snack classes-- Yakatori (Main Course), Wild Rice (Side Dish) and Monster Island Mochi (Dessert). With, as you noted, Banana Soup being a Universal Snack-- it will always produce a Like result for pet preferring non-Monquistan Snacks and Loved for a pet preferring Monquistan Snacks.

So Esperanza, would you be so kind to feed your pet a Main Course, Side Dish and Dessert, from any world besides MooShu? This way we'll know which class of MooShu Snacks it Loves. Also, if possible could you feed it another Moolong Tea to see if it does indeed only Like it, when based on current feeding scenarios, it should in fact be Loving Moolong Tea (providing it surely prefers MooShu Snacks, which appears the case).

Thank you and thanks for the update and report!
The snack type should have been already determined by feeding Yakatori (Main Course), Wild Rice (Side Dish) and Monster Island Mochi (Dessert) if it is indeed a Mooshu pet as is normally determined by a loved reaction to Farm Fresh Yum (Universal). Yet it only liked each of those, which does point to being a Mooshu pet but this hints at the possibility of there being a new unknown snack type.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Sorry, I ran out of MooShu snacks & now will have to be experimenting with others. I will have that pet equipped tonight for the time of scrip hunting, and on subsequent nights, should this post doesn't make it in time.
I probably missed a few likes or loves because if the pet is satisfied, I am too, lol
IT has a 275 pedigree if my memory serves and has expressed 45 (?).

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Just Another Pirat... on Dec 5, 2014 wrote:
The snack type should have been already determined by feeding Yakatori (Main Course), Wild Rice (Side Dish) and Monster Island Mochi (Dessert) if it is indeed a Mooshu pet as is normally determined by a loved reaction to Farm Fresh Yum (Universal). Yet it only liked each of those, which does point to being a Mooshu pet but this hints at the possibility of there being a new unknown snack type.
Hi there, you are absolutely so right about the fact that we should have seen a Loved result from either Wild Rice, Yakatori, or Monster Island Mochi, if this pet follows the current snack protocols-- since they are all MooShu snacks. I clearly missed that fact, so thanks!

So, as you pointed out, perhaps there is a new class of snack out there or some other pet/snack oddity surrounding this mysterious little frog.

One thing is for certain, if there is a new Snack class being introduced, my entire Cheat Sheet is going to need a major overhaul!

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Rib-it..

I looked into the little froggy and can say that it does behave as expected for its snack likes and loves.
There is not a new snack type, so don't worry about the spread sheet you made.

Ensign
Nov 09, 2014
Decius Duelmaster on Dec 8, 2014 wrote:
Rib-it..

I looked into the little froggy and can say that it does behave as expected for its snack likes and loves.
Thank you, Decius, for setting me straight! Now I need to get hoppin' and get that lil' froggy as a permanent pet!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Decius Duelmaster on Dec 8, 2014 wrote:
Rib-it..

Thank you Decius for the info and insight. It's good to know that lil' rib-it won't force me to rip-it and redo the snack sheet. Still pretty exciting to think about what new creatures and critters are soon-to-be making their way into the Spiral. Keep up the fantastic creations and we'll keep enjoying them-- that's a guarantee.

Oh, and if you wouldn't mind looking into one other "small thing" for us.....could you double check all of the hybrids, their parents and any other pets we haven't currently found in Live (to date) and just go ahead and post them all here? Just a small favor, if you will, and then I'll have The Frogfather trade a favor for a favor, until someone does a favor for you in return.

Thanks! And again-- appreciate the reply and checking into it.

Lieutenant
Feb 15, 2014
Wicked Savannah on Dec 3, 2014 wrote:
Thanks for the info Sounds like we will be able to make that Ice Frog from the puppet show real soon
EUREKA
a frog crawls
a ice scarab skitters
an ice frog might be the answer to the sly eagles riddle

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Noble Arthur Fairl... on Dec 8, 2014 wrote:
EUREKA
a frog crawls
a ice scarab skitters
an ice frog might be the answer to the sly eagles riddle
Frogs crawl?