Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Soul Harvest bug

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 08, 2008
Ok, I just recently got (at last) my hands in a Baron Samedi's Masque (Soul Harvest mask from N5) however I was disappointed to find out the ability is still not working correctly! As you might know, the item has the talent which is supposed to summon a minion when you defeat an enemy (once per round at rank 1), but it doesn't always work so I did some testing to try and figure the issue.

The main problem seems to be that the ability does NOT remain after a battle is over. When you go into a fight (with the item equipped) you will have the Soul Harvest talent listed under your epics as usual, however in addition to that you must also gain an effect (on the second list along buffs and debuffs) of same name... without the effect the ability simply doesn't work at all.

That would be nothing to worry about as you gain the effect at the start of every combat, however that does NOT happen... you will happily go into a first battle and enjoy the effect but in the next battle you'll no longer have it and (as I mentioned above) the ability won't be working anymore.

I found a few work-around's to have the effect returned to me (for one more battle):
  • Move to another area
  • Switch characters
  • Unequip and re-equip the item

So I have been playing a bit and re-equipping it every time I want to have the ability (actually more like when I remember ) but I would be glad for a fix on this. I also tested if the summons are activating in most witch attacks and they seem to work as intended (staffy and spooky attacks) as long as I have the hanging effect... then I believe the only fix needed is to the issue of the talent falling off our bag.

~R

Ensign
Dec 25, 2011
Ravino Nightingale on Nov 29, 2014 wrote:
Ok, I just recently got (at last) my hands in a Baron Samedi's Masque (Soul Harvest mask from N5) however I was disappointed to find out the ability is still not working correctly! As you might know, the item has the talent which is supposed to summon a minion when you defeat an enemy (once per round at rank 1), but it doesn't always work so I did some testing to try and figure the issue.

The main problem seems to be that the ability does NOT remain after a battle is over. When you go into a fight (with the item equipped) you will have the Soul Harvest talent listed under your epics as usual, however in addition to that you must also gain an effect (on the second list along buffs and debuffs) of same name... without the effect the ability simply doesn't work at all.

That would be nothing to worry about as you gain the effect at the start of every combat, however that does NOT happen... you will happily go into a first battle and enjoy the effect but in the next battle you'll no longer have it and (as I mentioned above) the ability won't be working anymore.

I found a few work-around's to have the effect returned to me (for one more battle):
  • Move to another area
  • Switch characters

So I have been playing a bit and re-equipping it every time I want to have the ability (actually more like when I remember ) but I would be glad for a fix on this. I also tested if the summons are activating in most witch attacks and they seem to work as intended (staffy and spooky attacks) as long as I have the hanging effect... then I believe the only fix needed is to the issue of the talent falling off our bag.

~R
i have the baron smedi's standard which allows soul harvest but i only got one soul summon when i i did soul harvest and i want to collect more like the skeletons and ghosts on maria celestia.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013

• Move to another area
  • Switch characters

~R
Are you a melee pirate cause I think you have to use a witchdoctor type of attack

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
dragonmaster1236 on Jan 9, 2015 wrote:
Are you a melee pirate cause I think you have to use a witchdoctor type of attack
I dont think thats it. It wont work with witchdoctor powers.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
My witchdoctor has had this work successfully for her. I have her equipped with the Nefarious Staff and when she had defeated an enemy using a witchdoctor attack, Soul Harvest performed.

Ensign
Jan 03, 2013

• Move to another area
  • Switch characters

~R
i've read somewhere that it works when you kill the enemy with a basic attack

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I've just had Soul Harvest activate when using Mournsong and Jubu's Embrace, both times the enemy was defeated. My Witchdoctor has the Nefarious Staff equipped with Baron Samedi's mask.

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
anecorbie on Mar 27, 2015 wrote:
I've just had Soul Harvest activate when using Mournsong and Jubu's Embrace, both times the enemy was defeated. My Witchdoctor has the Nefarious Staff equipped with Baron Samedi's mask.
Ya, never mind It works with most methods of defeating, its just a glitch where you dont get the effect. I have been playing around with it recently and that seems to be the problem.