Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Question: HoT Spells in Smuggler's Arena

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I just had a question about whether or not Heal over Time spells are working properly while engaged in the Smuggler's Arena battles. I noticed on a couple of occasions that my pirate did not appear to get the regenerated health from my Rally spells, upon completing a battle and immediately moving to the next battle......or at least it appeared that way. I had 2 active Rally heals on my pirate, with only 1 round having passed since I cast the power. I finished the battle and from what I can tell, he never got the extra round of healing before being dragged into the next round of battle against new enemies. I may be wrong about that, but I did not see the healing numbers displayed and by looking at the numbers, it appeared that the extra round of healing was not applied.

I'll try to test it a few more times but I just didn't have time to do so at that moment. I was just wondering if this was something Tech has noted or other players reported or was actually working as intended.

Thank you for any info and reply in regards to this.

Developer
I don't think the HoT will carry over between rounds, no.

Nor will the current round of combat continue just to tick down excess rounds of duration (of any kind, HoT or otherwise).

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ratbeard on Nov 24, 2014 wrote:
I don't think the HoT will carry over between rounds, no.

Nor will the current round of combat continue just to tick down excess rounds of duration (of any kind, HoT or otherwise).
Ok, thank you Ratbeard. That sounds completely fair enough, but should we at least get the healing after our last round of the previous battle, right as we get pulled into the next. Not a big deal if we don't, but I wanted to know if I should try to use the HoT spells a round earlier than I normally would, to account for not getting healing in the last round of the battle I used the spells.

Thanks again!

Developer
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Nov 24, 2014 wrote:
Ok, thank you Ratbeard. That sounds completely fair enough, but should we at least get the healing after our last round of the previous battle, right as we get pulled into the next. Not a big deal if we don't, but I wanted to know if I should try to use the HoT spells a round earlier than I normally would, to account for not getting healing in the last round of the battle I used the spells.

Thanks again!
I believe that HoT's trigger at the start of your round, not the end.

We can have QA take a look if you think this is a bug specific to the Arena.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ratbeard on Nov 24, 2014 wrote:
I believe that HoT's trigger at the start of your round, not the end.

We can have QA take a look if you think this is a bug specific to the Arena.
Thanks again Ratbeard, perhaps it is just a bug in that instance....but then again, I just may be confused like I so oft am.

For some reason I always thought that I saw any active HoT numbers also added after my last round of battle- in normal instances, upon defeating the enemy. But perhaps this changed recently with some of the updates or I very well could have been wrong all along.

It sounds like it doesn't appear to be a bug then and I'll just make sure to adjust when I use the heals.

Thanks again.