Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Companions obtaining scrip

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 30, 2012
Ratbeard will my companions be able to collect scrip? I was wondering if they could sense scrip seems hard to obtain in game. Yes this is test realm so things need tweaking but it would be nice to have another method to get scrip. Thanks for reading.

Nathan lvl 65

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ineedaholliday on Nov 24, 2014 wrote:
Ratbeard will my companions be able to collect scrip? I was wondering if they could sense scrip seems hard to obtain in game. Yes this is test realm so things need tweaking but it would be nice to have another method to get scrip. Thanks for reading.

Nathan lvl 65
Hi Nathan, welcome to the message boards
I sure love this idea. Due to the stated intent that scrip is designed to be insanely hard to get to I suspect if they did grant this wish it would be a slow return but I would for sure train any odd job companion to get them as easily as possible.

Lieutenant
Feb 15, 2014
welcome nathan and welcome to the message boards
a lot of people have been wanting some other ways
HINT HINT ratbeard

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
That would mean creating a new additional Companion Order that provides Scrips to Pirates.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I'm sure that adding a new order wouldn't be difficult since the program is already in place. And now that crafting is coming, maybe we can send the crew out searching for reagents as well.

Ensign
Apr 30, 2012
anecorbie on Nov 25, 2014 wrote:
I'm sure that adding a new order wouldn't be difficult since the program is already in place. And now that crafting is coming, maybe we can send the crew out searching for reagents as well.
Oh geez crafting is coming? This is just making the game even more convoluted then it needs to be but crafting would be a nice addition.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
From what I have read about scrip, it is designed to be hard to come by and something you need to go out of your way to get. Not saying that your idea is bad, but if they did do it, I would expect a base time of 1 day for companions to get 1 or 2 scrip.

Petty Officer
Dec 05, 2009
If they allow companions to look for scrip it would probably be part of plunderin' or scavangin' with a chance to find scrip. similar to pet wranglin' with a chance to find a pet and most likely be even more rare than a companion finding a pet

On crafting: Maybe we will be able to craft scrip with some kind of difficult recipe if crafting is at all like wizard101.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
KiwiChickenz on Nov 25, 2014 wrote:
From what I have read about scrip, it is designed to be hard to come by and something you need to go out of your way to get. Not saying that your idea is bad, but if they did do it, I would expect a base time of 1 day for companions to get 1 or 2 scrip.
As companions level up, they get more & more Scrip. It doesn't always have to be 1 or 2 Scrip.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
KiwiChickenz on Nov 25, 2014 wrote:
im totally OK with this

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I would love to see other methods of obtaining Scrip and Ratbeard has already alluded to more ways, and potentially more lucrative ones, sure to be in the works and/or unveiled. This is the 'maiden voyage' of the whole Scrip and Black Market aspects of the game. I suspect that we'll come across some other methods to obtaining them during our adventuring and once new content/books/worlds come to the Spiral.

I also kind of think that the whole Scrip, smuggling, illegal trading concepts are a bit too Black Market-y for my Crew members to go out collecting Scrip. They may be pirates but they do have families to think about.....or wait.....do they? Don't want to go and bring more unwanted attention to my pirate(s), he's already got quite a bunch of nefarious characters after him, plus the big "A".

Now, a group that would fit the whole Black Market & Scrip vibe, would be mercenaries or M.E.R.C.S......(sorry Anecorbie, couldn't resist)

Lieutenant
Feb 15, 2014
anecorbie on Nov 25, 2014 wrote:
where did the rumor that crafting is coming start at
people are also talking that it should have come a while ago