Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

game crashes while initializing

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 08, 2014
Ever since the latest update, my game crashes while it is trying to initialize. I don't even get to the login window before it crashes. I tried uninstalling and re-downloading the game, but it did not solve the problem. I am on a Mac with OS X 10.7.5.

Ensign
Aug 25, 2012
If you haven't deleted your trash, the older version should be in there. I had this happen too. Try dragging the older version back into your Applications folder and delete the newer version. I was on 1.3, and had the same problem when I updated to 1.4. Oh, and re-name the old version (by deleting the number in parentheses...). This worked for me.

YMMV

Oldestpirate

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
The only other suggestion that I can think of is to make sure your video drivers are up to date. If that doesn't work, contact support@pirate101.com and let them know about your problems. Make sure you include your user name (NOT password), what your equipment specifications are and any other pertinent information. I understand that it can take 1 to 2 business days for them to get back to you. I'm sure that they can help you get back to sailing the Spiral in no time.

Ensign
Apr 08, 2014
oldestpirate on Nov 23, 2014 wrote:
If you haven't deleted your trash, the older version should be in there. I had this happen too. Try dragging the older version back into your Applications folder and delete the newer version. I was on 1.3, and had the same problem when I updated to 1.4. Oh, and re-name the old version (by deleting the number in parentheses...). This worked for me.

YMMV

Oldestpirate
Okay, that trick has at least gotten me to the login screen. Thanks!

I did email support already about the issue; hopefully they are working on a solution. Seems like this is affecting a few Mac users.

Ensign
Nov 07, 2012
Ok, I didn't figure out what the problem was, it is fixed. I just deleted the "Pirate101" folder in application support and then ran it again. Somehow it worked .