Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Sinking Ships for Scrip

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Noble Tyler Strong on Nov 24, 2014 wrote:
KingsIsle can't just focus on the wants and don't wants of the Pirates in the message boards, in fact we take up quite a small percentage and remember that as the game updates things get easier, when more worlds are released, Scrip will become quite an easy thing to farm for, they can't just think of things to make the game better as it is now, they have to think of making these seemingly small additions play a big role in the future of the game. Also, playing the game IS optional and everything you do in it is also optional, just like being nice is optional but the way you show your kindness is a branch of optionality, aside from that I personally love the Scrip system, I personally wouldn't want to degrade Scrip as an ordinary currency that I can just gain by using Gold which I max out in just a few hours or Crowns which I can buy or earn just like that I would have the whole Black Market in my inventory! Remember Tickets in Wizard101? Many people say it's so easy to obtain them, but when I was playing the game a few years back I remember how hard it was to obtain tickets and many people were saying exactly what you are saying about Scrip.

Some people can't speak their voice, some people are afraid to speak their voice, I was once one of those people... It's rather inconsiderate if you only include the peoples' opinions who speak out loud, some people are too afraid to do that or just feel like their voice has no say in the matter, it's pretty unfair saying that people shouldn't be able to complain if they are 'ignoring' the opportunity, some people don't even know they have the opportunity and KingsIsle can't just think about the people whose voices are heard, what about the majority? Whose voices aren't heard. I talk about the game with many of the Pirates in live realm and barely any of them even know about places like Pirate101 Central or the Message Boards, which surprises me to be honest, but that's the thing, you can't expect everyone to share their voice if they don't even know they can. You may not want to consider the thoughts of every players, but every player counts when making a game, that one player's opinion can change the course of the game's future.

Well with Fishing, I see everyone doing it, I don't know about you but my friend has gotten a Sea Dragon from chests twice now, I would hardly call that a waste of time, it's just a fun optional thing to do in the game, it isn't required to complete the game's story or to even play the game. When considering the majority you have to talk about which majority, the entirety of the players or the majority of the ones that speak their minds. Really the majority for me have always loved KingsIsle and up to now defended KI for every update hated upon other players. An expansion for Skull Island, Pet and Companion 2.0, a farm-able tower and now this update just makes the game better for me, I have patience for KI to make a masterpiece storyline with the next books!
Tyler, you make some really great and wonderful points here. My wish would be that all those that are growing over-the-top impatient would take the time to read this and instead of primarily thinking in a "me first" fashion would instead realize that we are all in this together for the long haul- even with future pirates that haven't become members yet. Your kind of post and attitude is what makes the future look bright, in the game and in the real world.

Well done and thanks for sharing!

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
(I am responding to both Tyler and Valkoor's posts here because forming 2 quoted posts would just take up space)
One thing that I see you two capitalizing upon is saying that I either hat this update, or that I do not appreciate the effort KI is placing into their work, which is frankly untrue. I do not believe these updates to be a waste, just in need of some adjusting. Negativity and constructive criticism has its place in the world, you know. If everyone was perfectly fine with everything they were given, and were ALWAYS satisfied with anything put in front of them, then the world would not progress. If KI was used to their fanbase going, "Great! New update! Everything perfect here!" all the time, then things would not improve. Other game developers have received mainly positive feedback from a very accepting fanbase, and have tanked due to what was acceptable at one time, becoming mediocre when quality does not progress. negative reinforcement almost always works best in the games industry, and I am one who learns from history. Although, there is a difference between founded, constructive criticism and just spouting negative rants.

And on the topic of those who cannot voice themselves, I completely disagree with your points. Technology has grown to the point where, if someone is able to play this game, they are able to provide feedback for it. This may just be my inner objectivist talking, but if someone truly loves this game like I do, and wants to say something about it, they should be able to put in the effort to voice themselves. If someone decides not to be heard, and not to tell KI what they want, I do not find it a priority to consider them when it comes down to crunch time. I know people who have trouble "Voicing themselves," but these people normally are more comfortable doing something online like this. And finally, Objectivism again, someone should present their views as an individual, instead of constantly expecting someone to speak for them.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Elemutation on Nov 24, 2014 wrote:
(I am responding to both Tyler and Valkoor's posts here because forming 2 quoted posts would just take up space)
One thing that I see you two capitalizing upon is saying that I either hat this update, or that I do not appreciate the effort KI is placing into their work, which is frankly untrue. I do not believe these updates to be a waste, just in need of some adjusting. Negativity and constructive criticism has its place in the world, you know. If everyone was perfectly fine with everything they were given, and were ALWAYS satisfied with anything put in front of them, then the world would not progress. If KI was used to their fanbase going, "Great! New update! Everything perfect here!" all the time, then things would not improve. Other game developers have received mainly positive feedback from a very accepting fanbase, and have tanked due to what was acceptable at one time, becoming mediocre when quality does not progress. negative reinforcement almost always works best in the games industry, and I am one who learns from history. Although, there is a difference between founded, constructive criticism and just spouting negative rants.

And on the topic of those who cannot voice themselves, I completely disagree with your points. Technology has grown to the point where, if someone is able to play this game, they are able to provide feedback for it. This may just be my inner objectivist talking, but if someone truly loves this game like I do, and wants to say something about it, they should be able to put in the effort to voice themselves. If someone decides not to be heard, and not to tell KI what they want, I do not find it a priority to consider them when it comes down to crunch time. I know people who have trouble "Voicing themselves," but these people normally are more comfortable doing something online like this. And finally, Objectivism again, someone should present their views as an individual, instead of constantly expecting someone to speak for them.
Fair enough Elemutation and I do get where you are going and in fact agree with some of your points. Sure constructive criticism is a very valuable tool towards progression and positive growth-- this I completely agree with.

My problem however is that the same players are always voicing negativity and disapproval over every update that they think delays them getting a new world. Or they are providing negative criticism over new changes and updates and screaming for changes. In many cases they rant, they complain, they threaten to leave the game and do so at every chance they get. I agree that voicing negativity and criticism is a good and important thing, but I just have one question-- why is it so hard for those same players to say Thank You when KI & Ratbeard do listen and make the changes they are clamoring for? For those players, it's so easy to be negative yet so hard just to say a simple thanks when KI listens and responds. I seriously don't believe I have ever seen any of these players give a little Thank you post when the powers that be do actually listen. Other players that weren't even complaining in the first place do, yet the naysayers are mum. It should go both ways.

Also, as far as your last paragraph, I just want to remind you that P101 is a game that is rated 10+. Now it may seem quite shocking that in this day of technology there are still some 10 year olds that are not allowed to freely surf the web and join forums. Us older pirates and adults are not the only ones playing the game. It is rated 10+ which surely means that there are many 8+ year old pirates out there, maybe even younger. As Tyler noted, not every player out there is allowed- not physically and mentally capable- but actually allowed to use any types of forums. Sure us older generations should be able to figure it out, but if you are not allowed then there is no way around it. I am quite sure there are millions of kids out there playing P101 that are actually not allowed to participate in forums. Adult and older players are not the only voices out there, children play the game too. Whether you like it or not, they do have a voice and do count towards the overall voice of the P101 Community. But possibly millions of kids out there may not be able to have their voice heard, technology playing no part in it whatsoever.

So, again Ratbeard made some very positive tweaks and changes that some players complained vehemently about- was there any thanks given by them......No, certainly not- as per usual.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Nov 24, 2014 wrote:
"Adding in focused, requested elements like a new book should go before the new systems"

Just wanted to add that I actually disagree with this. To use an analogy from my line of work, it's like stating 'let's just give them a constructed house first, slap on the sheetrock, throw on the siding & shingles and then we'll come back and add the plumbing, electrical & HVAC systems & even more importantly the foundation." Or just give the little kid a new book, he can figure out how to read after he struggles through it for a long while.

To me it makes no sense to put the book before the updates, if the new updates can possibly enhance or benefit us in the new book, new worlds and battles. We could be without the new updates, in the new book against some increasingly tough enemies, and be wishing, boy I really could have used a pet that grants my swashbuckler Blade Storm, Turn the Tide, Kraken's Lament, Rally and Regroup. The updates are giving us tools to better enjoy the new worlds and possibly aid our pirates along the way as we progress in the near to come, new book.

Now you may ask, what do the Pet updates have to do with my complaints over the Black Market updates. Well, in essence everything, because the very same complaints are presented with every single update from the very same players. "We didn't want this, Where's the new book, Give us the new book first and not updates we didn't ask for". It's the same ol' thing every update and it just gets a bit tough to swallow and to sit back and watch KI have to take all the jabs, all while they are trying to do what they can in order to give us and future players a better gaming experience. I have no ties to KI and owe them no favors. I shell out hard earned money to play the game just the same as you, I have to wait it out for new books just the same as you, I have to grind for gear just as you. But at the same time I do acknowledge effort when it is given and KI is giving effort...and I do appreciate it. You may not see it, but it is there nonetheless.

Perhaps we may actually need these updates to fully take advantage of, or to fully enjoy, the new book, world(s), enemies and content. It makes no sense to put the engine in and wheels on the car after it is otherwise fully assembled and we push it from the lot to our garage miles away....the engine and wheels may actually prove useful to getting us where we need to go! Not the greatest analogy but it illustrates the point I am attempting to make. Why give us a new book first, without the updates that may come into play in the new book and possibly help us out as well? I guarantee that if KI did that-- as in give us a new book and withhold potentially useful updates until we were struggling well into the new worlds-- the very same players doing the ranting would be complaining about how foolish and inconsiderate it was for KI to wait to give us tools that could have helped us with the new book, or at minimum made it more enjoyable.
Well said on all of your above posts Valkoor. You have said it so well and eloquently that all I can do is add my YARS. Preach it Valkoor, Preach it

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Noble Tyler Strong on Nov 24, 2014 wrote:
KingsIsle can't just focus on the wants and don't wants of the Pirates in the message boards, in fact we take up quite a small percentage and remember that as the game updates things get easier, when more worlds are released, Scrip will become quite an easy thing to farm for, they can't just think of things to make the game better as it is now, they have to think of making these seemingly small additions play a big role in the future of the game. Also, playing the game IS optional and everything you do in it is also optional, just like being nice is optional but the way you show your kindness is a branch of optionality, aside from that I personally love the Scrip system, I personally wouldn't want to degrade Scrip as an ordinary currency that I can just gain by using Gold which I max out in just a few hours or Crowns which I can buy or earn just like that I would have the whole Black Market in my inventory! Remember Tickets in Wizard101? Many people say it's so easy to obtain them, but when I was playing the game a few years back I remember how hard it was to obtain tickets and many people were saying exactly what you are saying about Scrip.

Some people can't speak their voice, some people are afraid to speak their voice, I was once one of those people... It's rather inconsiderate if you only include the peoples' opinions who speak out loud, some people are too afraid to do that or just feel like their voice has no say in the matter, it's pretty unfair saying that people shouldn't be able to complain if they are 'ignoring' the opportunity, some people don't even know they have the opportunity and KingsIsle can't just think about the people whose voices are heard, what about the majority? Whose voices aren't heard. I talk about the game with many of the Pirates in live realm and barely any of them even know about places like Pirate101 Central or the Message Boards, which surprises me to be honest, but that's the thing, you can't expect everyone to share their voice if they don't even know they can. You may not want to consider the thoughts of every players, but every player counts when making a game, that one player's opinion can change the course of the game's future.

Well with Fishing, I see everyone doing it, I don't know about you but my friend has gotten a Sea Dragon from chests twice now, I would hardly call that a waste of time, it's just a fun optional thing to do in the game, it isn't required to complete the game's story or to even play the game. When considering the majority you have to talk about which majority, the entirety of the players or the majority of the ones that speak their minds. Really the majority for me have always loved KingsIsle and up to now defended KI for every update hated upon other players. An expansion for Skull Island, Pet and Companion 2.0, a farm-able tower and now this update just makes the game better for me, I have patience for KI to make a masterpiece storyline with the next books!
Well said Tyler and some great points. Keep it up, you are making sense.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Nov 25, 2014 wrote:
Well said on all of your above posts Valkoor. You have said it so well and eloquently that all I can do is add my YARS. Preach it Valkoor, Preach it
I second this. Valkoor, you are a true master of words! I say, you've dissected each point so well there's nothing more I can possibly add.

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Nov 24, 2014 wrote:
Fair enough Elemutation and I do get where you are going and in fact agree with some of your points. Sure constructive criticism is a very valuable tool towards progression and positive growth-- this I completely agree with.

My problem however is that the same players are always voicing negativity and disapproval over every update that they think delays them getting a new world. Or they are providing negative criticism over new changes and updates and screaming for changes. In many cases they rant, they complain, they threaten to leave the game and do so at every chance they get. I agree that voicing negativity and criticism is a good and important thing, but I just have one question-- why is it so hard for those same players to say Thank You when KI & Ratbeard do listen and make the changes they are clamoring for? For those players, it's so easy to be negative yet so hard just to say a simple thanks when KI listens and responds. I seriously don't believe I have ever seen any of these players give a little Thank you post when the powers that be do actually listen. Other players that weren't even complaining in the first place do, yet the naysayers are mum. It should go both ways.

Also, as far as your last paragraph, I just want to remind you that P101 is a game that is rated 10+. Now it may seem quite shocking that in this day of technology there are still some 10 year olds that are not allowed to freely surf the web and join forums. Us older pirates and adults are not the only ones playing the game. It is rated 10+ which surely means that there are many 8+ year old pirates out there, maybe even younger. As Tyler noted, not every player out there is allowed- not physically and mentally capable- but actually allowed to use any types of forums. Sure us older generations should be able to figure it out, but if you are not allowed then there is no way around it. I am quite sure there are millions of kids out there playing P101 that are actually not allowed to participate in forums. Adult and older players are not the only voices out there, children play the game too. Whether you like it or not, they do have a voice and do count towards the overall voice of the P101 Community. But possibly millions of kids out there may not be able to have their voice heard, technology playing no part in it whatsoever.

So, again Ratbeard made some very positive tweaks and changes that some players complained vehemently about- was there any thanks given by them......No, certainly not- as per usual.
Couldn't have said it better myself! I agree with all your points!

Developer
What I meant by being forced to get scrip with no alternative, is that there is no gold or crowns to scrip transfer ratio, and the presented methods of obtaining scrip are the only ones we can use to obtain the newer items.

That is precisely the intended design. The scrip currency is designed to encourage and reward other kinds of play than the current favorite(s).

As usual, while currencies/playstyles are segregated by design, there is some crossover (and will be more in the future).

If you do not play the game in a balanced fashion, engaging all of the activities the game offers, you may find it more difficult to accumulate certain resources.

A player who engages with our games using all of the side activities available will accumulate the most resources of all available types, for example: gold, scrip, badges, practice points, xp, nautical xp, gear, companions, pets, pet snacks... and if you play Wizard 101, I bet you can extrapolate that list to include other side system resources that will be coming to Pirate 101 as well.

In Wizard 101, some activities might generate seeds; plant those seeds and your garden might generate reagents; combine those reagents and you might be able to craft powerful treasure cards; use those treasure cards and you might be more successful in PvP.... success in PvP might help you buy better pets... and on and on.

Ensign
May 16, 2011
Goodness gracious me! This topic from the thread opener went a little pear shaped methinks.

I was aware that scrips weren't exactly dropping from the ships and I think Ratbeard has addressed that issue. Thanks Ratbeard.

I am also aware that the drop ratio is still a little low, however I do have faith that our developers will scale it accordingly (with a prompt here and there lol ). After all we know that feedback from the wider population along with their own data will allow them to tweak accordingly. Since they have no real data atm it is up to us to let them know in the test realm when things just don't seem to be running correctly, which has been done thanks to Chrissy bringing up the topic and a host of others in the test realm. Thank you all.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hey there Chrissy, nice blasting Taco out of the Skyways with you & Esperanza the other night. I missed the bigger group but I hope to be able to join in the rest of the week for some Scrip collectin' & reportin', although I probably will have to join in with the late shift. I'm aiming for 10pm EST this evening- Isle of Dogs life fountain.

Just thought I would report my Scrip count from the Taco takeout on Monday. I believe we sank him about 12 times that night before I had to go (surely more for you gals & other Marauders) & he dropped Scrip about 1/3 of the time for us. After I joined, I think it took 3 battles before we got any Scrip, but he was generous on the 3rd, giving me 11 Scrip-- maybe 4 for you & 3 for Esperanza that time. Then another 2 battles with no Scrip, followed by 2 more Scrip for me, more for you ladies that time. The next battle I believe yielded me 3 Scrip & again a little more for you two. About 3 battles with no Taco sauce, then a cute little 1 Scrip for me & I think you got 6 or 7 and Esperanza got 11 that round. Rinse & repeat.

Here's some details on my Scrip collectin' that night

• Approximately 20-25 Scrip for me in about 30 minutes of playing Scripple, while feasting on Taco
  • Only 1 round we saw Scrip amounts close to each other, I think a handout of 4, 6 & 7.
  • 11 Scrip was the highest single handout (received twice by 2 pirates)
  • 1 Scrip was the lowest given
  • Appeared that for 3 pirates the total Scrip dispersed between them was in the 15-20 range
  • Scrip rewarded in a little more than 1/3 of the battles
  • Highest differential of Scrip handed out in 1 of those battles- 10
  • Lowest differential- 1
  • Seemed completely random, not appearing to be influenced by 1st attacker, closest attacker, most damage done, prettiest flag....etc.
  • Chants, prayers, vexes, hoodoo spells seemed to play no part in amounts received (didn't try bribery yet)
  • Nix the Rubby-Patty technique on this one...unless we haven't found the right tempo yet.
Hope to see you & others this evening!

Developer
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Dec 3, 2014 wrote:
Hey there Chrissy, nice blasting Taco out of the Skyways with you & Esperanza the other night. I missed the bigger group but I hope to be able to join in the rest of the week for some Scrip collectin' & reportin', although I probably will have to join in with the late shift. I'm aiming for 10pm EST this evening- Isle of Dogs life fountain.

Just thought I would report my Scrip count from the Taco takeout on Monday. I believe we sank him about 12 times that night before I had to go (surely more for you gals & other Marauders) & he dropped Scrip about 1/3 of the time for us. After I joined, I think it took 3 battles before we got any Scrip, but he was generous on the 3rd, giving me 11 Scrip-- maybe 4 for you & 3 for Esperanza that time. Then another 2 battles with no Scrip, followed by 2 more Scrip for me, more for you ladies that time. The next battle I believe yielded me 3 Scrip & again a little more for you two. About 3 battles with no Taco sauce, then a cute little 1 Scrip for me & I think you got 6 or 7 and Esperanza got 11 that round. Rinse & repeat.

Here's some details on my Scrip collectin' that night

• Approximately 20-25 Scrip for me in about 30 minutes of playing Scripple, while feasting on Taco
  • Only 1 round we saw Scrip amounts close to each other, I think a handout of 4, 6 & 7.
  • 11 Scrip was the highest single handout (received twice by 2 pirates)
  • 1 Scrip was the lowest given
  • Appeared that for 3 pirates the total Scrip dispersed between them was in the 15-20 range
  • Scrip rewarded in a little more than 1/3 of the battles
  • Highest differential of Scrip handed out in 1 of those battles- 10
  • Lowest differential- 1
  • Seemed completely random, not appearing to be influenced by 1st attacker, closest attacker, most damage done, prettiest flag....etc.
  • Chants, prayers, vexes, hoodoo spells seemed to play no part in amounts received (didn't try bribery yet)
  • Nix the Rubby-Patty technique on this one...unless we haven't found the right tempo yet.
Hope to see you & others this evening!
Approximately 20-25 Scrip for me in about 30 minutes of playing Scripple, while feasting on Taco

This is a bit lower than expected.

I was there to observe, and I'd like to emphasize, every minute that you are in the game and not earning scrip means that you'll be under-performing the expectations that the system is designed for. It is not going to be an efficient use of your time to wait around just to pick off towers and bosses.

I'd also like to rescind my previous suggestion of farming Mooshu. That spot in Marleybone is pretty darn good. I had forgotten just how filthy with Armada vermin that area of the sky is. I found it too slow for my tastes when trying to solo those Armada ships, but with just one or two people pitching in... gosh, they sure die fast.

Scrip rewarded in a little more than 1/3 of the battles

Hmm... Sounds to me like you were mostly farming bosses, then.

Seemed completely random, not appearing to be influenced by 1st attacker, closest attacker, most damage done, prettiest flag....etc.

It is level based, but also random. The system, of course, is designed around averages-- sometimes you'll under-perform the average, and sometimes you'll outperform the average.

Nix the Rubby-Patty technique on this one...unless we haven't found the right tempo yet.

Oh, really? Did you even try stepping away from the ship's wheel?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ratbeard on Dec 3, 2014 wrote:
Approximately 20-25 Scrip for me in about 30 minutes of playing Scripple, while feasting on Taco

I was there to observe, and I'd like to emphasize, every minute that you are in the game and not earning scrip means that you'll be under-performing the expectations that the system is designed for. It is not going to be an efficient use of your time to wait around just to pick off towers and bosses.

I'd also like to rescind my previous suggestion of farming Mooshu. That spot in Marleybone is pretty darn good. I had forgotten just how filthy with Armada vermin that area of the sky is. I found it too slow for my tastes when trying to solo those Armada ships, but with just one or two people pitching in... gosh, they sure die fast.

Seemed completely random, not appearing to be influenced by 1st attacker, closest attacker, most damage done, prettiest flag....etc.

It is level based, but also random. The system, of course, is designed around averages-- sometimes you'll under-perform the average, and sometimes you'll outperform the average.

Nix the Rubby-Patty technique on this one...unless we haven't found the right tempo yet.

Ooh, thanks for the heads up Ratbeard!

I hope to try it out again this evening with a group from here (or whoever is in game), as long as players are still on giving it a go, by the time I log in. I'll surely give the Marleybone Skyway and Armada Ships there a try this go round.

Yep, you got me for sure, there was a lot of idle time chatting and waiting for Spartacos to reappear and we did only go after him, except one time when another ship rudely attacked Chrissy. I clearly could have made better time of my collecting, so the 20-25 Scrips in 30 minutes absolutely isn't a good gauge of what to expect if you are actively pursuing Scrip the entire time. I was just excited to actually be in Test Realm period, so I was enjoying the nice company and going after a little Scrip as well. I'll give tonight's try a bit more of a diehard research effort and stick to my ship's guns a bit more, blasting anything in sight-- so you can have a better gauge of our Scrip accumulation efforts.

And oh!--, so maybe we should try boarding the ships (or perhaps hitting Tab & checking the deck?)......ooh, going to give that a try too. Thanks for the response and for the tips! Time to work on my Rubby-Patty!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Ratbeard on Dec 3, 2014 wrote:

You were there
Aww Please Ratbeard, won't you announce yourself next time? I would LOVE to, in a virtual sense, finally be able to shake your hand..........What am I thinking? I mean give you a Chrissy Hug in person.

Ensign
Jun 13, 2009
Ratbeard on Dec 1, 2014 wrote:
What I meant by being forced to get scrip with no alternative, is that there is no gold or crowns to scrip transfer ratio, and the presented methods of obtaining scrip are the only ones we can use to obtain the newer items.

That is precisely the intended design. The scrip currency is designed to encourage and reward other kinds of play than the current favorite(s).

As usual, while currencies/playstyles are segregated by design, there is some crossover (and will be more in the future).

If you do not play the game in a balanced fashion, engaging all of the activities the game offers, you may find it more difficult to accumulate certain resources.

A player who engages with our games using all of the side activities available will accumulate the most resources of all available types, for example: gold, scrip, badges, practice points, xp, nautical xp, gear, companions, pets, pet snacks... and if you play Wizard 101, I bet you can extrapolate that list to include other side system resources that will be coming to Pirate 101 as well.

In Wizard 101, some activities might generate seeds; plant those seeds and your garden might generate reagents; combine those reagents and you might be able to craft powerful treasure cards; use those treasure cards and you might be more successful in PvP.... success in PvP might help you buy better pets... and on and on.

I didn't come to Pirate101 to play Wizard101 and I feel it's a sad day when these games will become so similar as to be nearly indistinguishable from one another. I did not want to raise pets in Pirate101. I do not look forward to the day when I can craft, garden and fish in Pirate101. These are Wizard101 things and I would hope that they would be left there. If unique activities cannot be brought to Pirate101, then I'd prefer they were just left out. I totally enjoy the unique battle system and ships of Pirate101 and really this is great like it is. I DO look forward to the day when more of the story is added and the level cap is raised.