Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pet Training/Leveling

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
I really hate the way we train our Pets in Pirate101. I would rather have it to where your pets would level up with you. Because I don't like it when I'm in Mooshu and my pet dies from only like 2 attacks and then I get angry. If we had it like that it would be much better. I am fine with Bestia and having pets PVP and all but the main training like the one's based on your pets level. I want my Ebon Spectre my level so we can kick some Mooshu tush! Could the designers, in the next update, change it to this or at least in someway make pet training less frustrating.

Catherine Reade

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
TheHoodooQueen on Nov 7, 2014 wrote:
I really hate the way we train our Pets in Pirate101. I would rather have it to where your pets would level up with you. Because I don't like it when I'm in Mooshu and my pet dies from only like 2 attacks and then I get angry. If we had it like that it would be much better. I am fine with Bestia and having pets PVP and all but the main training like the one's based on your pets level. I want my Ebon Spectre my level so we can kick some Mooshu tush! Could the designers, in the next update, change it to this or at least in someway make pet training less frustrating.

Catherine Reade
Just use a stronger pet until you get your pet trained up. It DOES take some time to properly train them. Take the time and pop in and out of the game to keep the training going.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
TheHoodooQueen on Nov 7, 2014 wrote:

Catherine Reade
Look, at least we don't have to waste hours and hours on silly pointless games the way Wizards do. I can train as many pets as I have points for all at the same time, AND get stuff accomplished in the actual game while doing so.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Dear Miss Catherine, it does take a little while for training to get our new pets up to our current level, but just think, with the new pet system, we can train our pets past our level (unless of course you are already level 65). There has been a number of times, playing with my less experienced characters, that the more powerful pet came in and saved the day!

So with your Ebon Spectre, with a little attention, you will soon be able to train it past your level, and it will be a great help to you in Mooshu. And don't forget to continue training your pet once it hits level 65, to build up its power to really help you out. (I recall that the Ebon Spectre likes Mooshu snacks, and I think, loves Mooshu sides)

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Anne Radcliffe on Nov 8, 2014 wrote:
Dear Miss Catherine, it does take a little while for training to get our new pets up to our current level, but just think, with the new pet system, we can train our pets past our level (unless of course you are already level 65). There has been a number of times, playing with my less experienced characters, that the more powerful pet came in and saved the day!

So with your Ebon Spectre, with a little attention, you will soon be able to train it past your level, and it will be a great help to you in Mooshu. And don't forget to continue training your pet once it hits level 65, to build up its power to really help you out. (I recall that the Ebon Spectre likes Mooshu snacks, and I think, loves Mooshu sides)
Hi Anne, you are very correct about the Ebon Spectre's liked/loved after snack results. Just wanted to add that it also will like any side dish snack, regardless of it's world origin. So, at max level for your Ebon, being able to purchase low level Skull Island, side dish snacks from the Bazaar or Snack Vendors really comes in handy-- since they are snacks easily found in both respective places. Or a great Universal Snack to obtain is Banana Soup. Banana Soup is only a Rank 3 Snack but it is a Universal Snack, so it is Liked by each and every pet in the game....and of course, loved by any pet with a preference for Monquista Snacks. And it's quite an easy Snack to get a hold of.

Also, if you can get a hold of the Rank 5 Snacks, Moolong Tea and Farm Fresh Yum, your Spectre will absolutely love them and you for that matter, since they too are both Universal Snacks-- so every other pet will like them as well and any and all MooShu pets will Love them.

The other 2 Universal Snacks are the Rank 4 Cool Ranch Snack, Sasperilla, and the Rank 10 Skull Island Snack, Hot Buttered Yum, which the latter can only be received by purchasing Mega Snack Packs from the Crown Shop. Oh and of course, there's the Rank 10 El Doreeto, which is Loved by all pets regardless of snack class and world origin, but those too are only acquired from the Mega Snack Pack, via Crowns.

Here's a Snack Reference Sheet I put together that helps with training up those beloved little critters and boosting there power via feeding them Snacks they Like/Love.

Pleasant pet training to you!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Nov 7, 2014 wrote:
Just use a stronger pet until you get your pet trained up. It DOES take some time to properly train them. Take the time and pop in and out of the game to keep the training going.
I do agree with this, Chrissy, except that this might be her strongest pet. And yeah, it takes time, but nothing like the time spent on a single pet in Wizard. Find out what pets your spectre likes and loves, and feed it every time you train and you'll have a great pet in very little time.

And Anne is absolutely right about getting your pet up as high as it can go. I'm not sure if the power actually helps in PvE battle, but since you're pushing your pet through to get up as fast as you can, you might as well boost that power too.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Nov 9, 2014 wrote:
I do agree with this, Chrissy, except that this might be her strongest pet. And yeah, it takes time, but nothing like the time spent on a single pet in Wizard. Find out what pets your spectre likes and loves, and feed it every time you train and you'll have a great pet in very little time.

And Anne is absolutely right about getting your pet up as high as it can go. I'm not sure if the power actually helps in PvE battle, but since you're pushing your pet through to get up as fast as you can, you might as well boost that power too.
You are quite correct that my tip would not work if it is her highest pet, thank you.
The power does matter in PvE as it affects how hard the pet will hit the baddies.

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
At first I hated how we trained pets. I was looking forward to playing pet games. However, now I like it because I can get stuff done while they are getting trained and it's easier. Plus, your pet levels up every time after each activity if you have good snacks.