Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Mount Speed

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 18, 2009
The new scorpion mount has a new speed referred to as "Average." In this older thread - https://www.pirate101.com/forum/a-pirates-life/mount-speed-8ad6a419449189850144cc12c02f4a18 - 4 speeds were referenced with their percent bonus(or penalty): Very Slow, Normal, Fast, Very Fast. What bonus/penalty do "Average" mounts provide now that they seem to be making an appearance in the spiral?

Thank you for any information :)

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Zane D on Oct 21, 2014 wrote:
The new scorpion mount has a new speed referred to as "Average." In this older thread - https://www.pirate101.com/forum/a-pirates-life/mount-speed-8ad6a419449189850144cc12c02f4a18 - 4 speeds were referenced with their percent bonus(or penalty): Very Slow, Normal, Fast, Very Fast. What bonus/penalty do "Average" mounts provide now that they seem to be making an appearance in the spiral?

Thank you for any information :)
I noticed that too DH and it caught me a bit off guard as well. That was the first time I personally had seen "Average" displayed for a mount's speed. I wonder if it is possibly displayed that way because it hasn't officially hit the game yet? Maybe once it does, it will get one of the other 4 speeds.....possibly? Rather interesting though and I'm curious to hear any info in regards to this as well.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I think the Scorpion looks great. A small change to the tail would make it look even better - making it end in a point (or close to it) to more resemble a Scorpion's Stinger.

I'm guessing that the speed "average" is equivalent to "normal" or walking speed. If this is the only speed it has, I will not be getting one. This is because one of the main reasons I buy a mount is to move faster. Almost always I would buy a mount that is "very fast" over the other mounts.

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
The Helpful Pirate on Oct 23, 2014 wrote:
I think the Scorpion looks great. A small change to the tail would make it look even better - making it end in a point (or close to it) to more resemble a Scorpion's Stinger.

I'm guessing that the speed "average" is equivalent to "normal" or walking speed. If this is the only speed it has, I will not be getting one. This is because one of the main reasons I buy a mount is to move faster. Almost always I would buy a mount that is "very fast" over the other mounts.
The Scorpion has a cork on his stinger so he doesn't accidentally sting you while riding. Safety first.

I believe that the mount speed "average" is the same as "normal."

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Mount speed is unimportant compared to this cool & creepy mount! I'm rarely in a hurry, but if I am, I'll use my Pegasus.

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Just like the cosmetic mounts that have been found in the spiral, these "free" mounts do not give a speed enhancement, just a new look.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Decius Duelmaster on Oct 23, 2014 wrote:
Just like the cosmetic mounts that have been found in the spiral, these "free" mounts do not give a speed enhancement, just a new look.
By "free", do you mean that this mount is a possible boss drop?