Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Tiered Crown Spender

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
In some of the other MMO's I play, they have a thing called a "Tiered Spender".

How it works is like this, You purchase their in game currency and spend it on items in the game like normal, but while your purchasing things in game with it, your tiered spender bar is filling up. Once you fill up certain goals on your bar, you unlock rewards for your account.

Each Month there would be a new Tiered Spender, with new rewards if you spend so many crowns. As an example to show you how it works here is a visual of what I mean. (Linked to Pirate101Central)

[After looking at the picture]

So if you spend 999 crowns during the month, you get to redeem either a free bric-a-brac elixir, or x2 xp boost elixir, or 1000 gold. The higher amount you spend during the month, the better tier rewards you unlock. For example, the last tier of spending 39,999 crowns unlocks your choice of a Corrupted Kirin Mount, OR A masque of lotus, OR a special Moo Manchu Companion!

(Keep in mind this is just an example and not real)

My other example that was Wizard101 based was for this month they could have had a "Haunted Tiered Spender"

Tier 5 rewards would include your choice of a Permanent Harrowing Mount, OR a Permanent Nightmare Mount.

After you reach each tier, you click redeem and choose which prize you want in that tier. It will be sent to your account in-game box and you get to enjoy your free gift by spending crowns.

I think it would be a pretty neat addition to the game, and just wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on it.

Johnny

Johnny - Pirate101 Community Leader
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Pirates o the Spir... on Oct 19, 2014 wrote:

How it works is like this, You purchase their in game currency and spend it on items in the game like normal, but while your purchasing things in game with it, your tiered spender bar is filling up. Once you fill up certain goals on your bar, you unlock rewards for your account.

Each Month there would be a new Tiered Spender, with new rewards if you spend so many crowns. As an example to show you how it works here is a visual of what I mean. (Linked to Pirate101Central)

So if you spend 999 crowns during the month, you get to redeem either a free bric-a-brac elixir, or x2 xp boost elixir, or 1000 gold. The higher amount you spend during the month, the better tier rewards you unlock. For example, the last tier of spending 39,999 crowns unlocks your choice of a Corrupted Kirin Mount, OR A masque of lotus, OR a special Moo Manchu Companion!

My other example that was Wizard101 based was for this month they could have had a "Haunted Tiered Spender"

Tier 5 rewards would include your choice of a Permanent Harrowing Mount, OR a Permanent Nightmare Mount.

After you reach each tier, you click redeem and choose which prize you want in that tier. It will be sent to your account in-game box and you get to enjoy your free gift by spending crowns.

I think it would be a pretty neat addition to the game, and just wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on it.

Johnny
Sounds like those 'cash back' rewards from using your credit card.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Pirates o the Spir... on Oct 19, 2014 wrote:

Johnny
Hello Johnny!

I really like the idea of a Tiered Spender/Rewards system, so much in fact that I actually suggested something along these lines a while back, somewhere on these boards. I didn't provide the great examples and details that you did-- which by the way....fantastic post on Central. Your post was so convincing that I was ready to start spending Crowns straightaway to try and get that Moo Manchu Companion, excellent job!

But I do think that an incentive to spend Crowns may be something that could benefit both KI and the players, as well. For those that enjoy using a small portion of their hard-earned money to indulge on Spiral goodies, it would be nice to have some sort of Loyalty Rewards System, to show their continued monetary investments to the game are appreciated. Plus, it may bring in more revenue for KI since the players will be able to acquire a guaranteed reward at some point. Right now there are only so many things that the avid Crowns spender can acquire that the non-Crowns spender can't acquire just through playing the game. There really are no 'game-changer' Crown Shop items, gift card items, companions or other Crown purchased items that are going to give the average player a decisive advantage in the game (though that stuff doesn't hurt). The only thing in the game that is truly 'OP', that can be acquired in the game, is something that can't be purchased.....that being a great knowledge of the gaming dynamics and implementing wonderful strategies from that learned knowledge.

I say this, because I think the biggest argument against a tiered reward system would be from players that claim that it would be a bit of a 'pay to win' scenario. But that argument probably would and should only be made by PvP players that don't have the means to use Crowns to likewise be rewarded with so-called elite gear to use in PvP. As far as the game, storyline play and PvE goes, it really should not affect anyone else's gameplay if others decide to spend their hard-earned or gifted money on Crowns for a shot at rewards. I don't do PvP but I do spend plenty of Crowns, so why shouldn't players such as myself be rewarded for their greater investment in the game? Without those more free-spending players, the game may not move forward and develop in as timely a manner. For me, being an almost exclusively PvE player, why should it matter if someone else decides to spend money and be rewarded. It won't affect my game play experience at all and I'd be happy for them to receive an amazing reward that their hard-earned money afforded them. I suppose some players may get envious of seeing a player with something they may not be able to obtain- due to not having access to Crowns. But I would be delighted if my fellow players were able to receive nice rewards for investing in the game.

So, I guess you could say that I am all for the idea and I really think you provided a great starting point to further discussing the system as a possible future reality!

Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
Interesting, but the rewards would have to be "non game-changing" so basically it'd be cool, but it'd be very easy to go all pay2win with.

(Spend 30,000 crowns and get the whole jade gear set!) But overall I think it'd be a good incentive if it had some cool but balanced rewards.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
....And if your a player who doesn't have the amounts of crowns needed they would miss out. Seriously every time I buy crowns I get buyer's remorse.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DuranteRamses87 on Oct 21, 2014 wrote:
....And if your a player who doesn't have the amounts of crowns needed they would miss out. Seriously every time I buy crowns I get buyer's remorse.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Actually, as a Crown's player, I think it would be nice to get something back....

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
This sound cool, the more crowns we spend the higher the rewards. Here is the example below,

Tier 1 rewards spend between 1-900 crowns- 1,000 gold and a free tribal or grizzly beast pack.

Tier 2 rewards spend between 901- 2,500 crowns a free exp boost elixir, a random moo shu companion from the crown shop and 10,000 gold.

Tier 3 rewards spend between 2,501 and 14,000 crowns a free permanent mount a limited edition like a mount not found in the crown shop, a free random pet and a volcano deed from the booch bread bundle.

Tier 4 rewards spend between 14,001-20,000 crowns 5,000 free crowns, a random bundle companion like the Cut throat, Centaur lady, Cat pirate etc, 1 free zone on your next storyline progress and 100,000 gold.

Tier 5 rewards spend 20,001 or more crowns free promotional ninja pig or booch beard bundle, a spical edition ship, 10,000 crowns, a random moo shu elemental guardian companion, a spical edition pet and
a limited edition mount.

Remember these items are spical and may only offered once and never again, so if this happens i would bet my crowns on the highest tired rewards. I'm so ready to win me a volcano deed.