Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ratbeard: Question about Turn the Tide and pets

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hi there Ratbeard.

I just had a few questions about Turn the Tide and pets that grant extra ranks of it.

I noticed that when I have my pet that grants +1 rank of TTT equipped, it does not add to my already trained TTT rank 2. Instead it 'creates' a separate listing and places the blue star which indicates the rank 1 version of TTT, and it shows my pet as granting this to my pirate. So I don't get the +1 rank added to my trained ranks- thus giving me rank 3.

Or does the granted +1 rank still give my pirate TTT rank 3 and it's just a display error, or does it possibly just stack onto my TTT rank 2, without the added benefits of gaining rank 3? Or is it a bug altogether in which it is supposed to be added with the trained ranks of the talent?

I noticed when I equip my Grants Elusive (+1 rank) pet, the rank gets added to my already trained Elusive Rank 1-- the blue star gets placed in the second slot next to the yellow rank 1 star and it shows granted by <pet name>....instead of creating a separate Elusive listing of ranks for the talent, like the Grants TTT from that pet does.

Sorry, if this has come up and been addressed, but I haven't seen or read any posts on it here on the boards or on Central (but I haven't been on there much so I may have missed it).

Any info, insight, answers and/or help in regards to this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Developer
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Oct 14, 2014 wrote:
Hi there Ratbeard.

I just had a few questions about Turn the Tide and pets that grant extra ranks of it.

I noticed that when I have my pet that grants +1 rank of TTT equipped, it does not add to my already trained TTT rank 2. Instead it 'creates' a separate listing and places the blue star which indicates the rank 1 version of TTT, and it shows my pet as granting this to my pirate. So I don't get the +1 rank added to my trained ranks- thus giving me rank 3.

Or does the granted +1 rank still give my pirate TTT rank 3 and it's just a display error, or does it possibly just stack onto my TTT rank 2, without the added benefits of gaining rank 3? Or is it a bug altogether in which it is supposed to be added with the trained ranks of the talent?

I noticed when I equip my Grants Elusive (+1 rank) pet, the rank gets added to my already trained Elusive Rank 1-- the blue star gets placed in the second slot next to the yellow rank 1 star and it shows granted by <pet name>....instead of creating a separate Elusive listing of ranks for the talent, like the Grants TTT from that pet does.

Sorry, if this has come up and been addressed, but I haven't seen or read any posts on it here on the boards or on Central (but I haven't been on there much so I may have missed it).

Any info, insight, answers and/or help in regards to this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
It's a bug-- a few pets had an older "copy" of the talent, so instead of stacking properly, they were granting the new copy side by side with the old version.

Fixed for the next release.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ok thank you, I appreciate the information and confirmation-- as I thought it may be a bug, just wasn't sure if it was a just a 'display' type bug in the talent roster or an actual bug with not providing the TTT rank 3 benefits to your pirate or possibly both.

By the way I never properly thanked you for getting my Swashbuckler his shnazzy boots back. He's only a level 8 but those spiffy boots may just be getting stitched as he levels, fine specimens indeed. So on behalf of all those other "ARRRGG....Smashin' boots you got there, now prepare to meet your demise" types of pirates out there, I say thanks for getting those Swashbuckler's Clogs back for us.