Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Friends List

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 10, 2012
My suggestion is that I think that the friends list should have more ways in which to mark the different friends. Right now all you can do is mark it with a gold star, for friend that are special to you. But I have lots of friends and they are my friends for different reasons like I have friends that are my friends because I help them if they ask, friends that I morph with, friend that I farm with, that I do tower raids with, and those that I just like to talk with. I would like an easy way in game to differentiate between them. That way when I notice one of them online I can more easily know who they are.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 12, 2010
I thought that KingsIsle should create a category in the friends list called "Starred Friends". I have a lot of friends that are starred, and I do not wish to delete them from my friends list when I am going to add a new friend (my friends list is full), so I do not want to spend all of my time scrolling through my starred friends to get to my other firends, it takes a very long time. Therefore, I think KingsIsle should create two different categories, "Starred Friends", and "Friends".

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
dancing ninja on Oct 6, 2014 wrote:
My suggestion is that I think that the friends list should have more ways in which to mark the different friends. Right now all you can do is mark it with a gold star, for friend that are special to you. But I have lots of friends and they are my friends for different reasons like I have friends that are my friends because I help them if they ask, friends that I morph with, friend that I farm with, that I do tower raids with, and those that I just like to talk with. I would like an easy way in game to differentiate between them. That way when I notice one of them online I can more easily know who they are.
Hi Dancing Ninja, welcome to the message boards.
You have some good ideas there. I too would love to be able to sort better and not have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the starred ones to get to the deletable candidates. When your list is full that is over 85 clicks and it resets after each one. I have been long campaigning for longer lists and easier ways to manage it. I just hope it is in the works because KingsIsle is famous for listing us and adjusting things to help us out.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
dancing ninja on Oct 6, 2014 wrote:
I like your idea! I think an easy way Pirate101 could implement this would be left-clicking to add/remove a yellow star, then right-clicking to change a yellow star to colors like green, purple, red, or blue.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Oct 13, 2014 wrote:
Hi Dancing Ninja, welcome to the message boards.
You have some good ideas there. I too would love to be able to sort better and not have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the starred ones to get to the deletable candidates. When your list is full that is over 85 clicks and it resets after each one. I have been long campaigning for longer lists and easier ways to manage it. I just hope it is in the works because KingsIsle is famous for listing us and adjusting things to help us out.
Oops typo That should read: "KingsIsle is famous for listening to us and adjusting things to help us out"
Sorry bout that.

Ensign
Feb 16, 2010
This is a great idea. I'd love to be able to organize friends a bit more. (Oh wait, that's organizing lists not ordering friends. Darn, they never listen to me anyway.) No, seriously, this would be very useful.

Hopefully they will also fix it so that the friends list will stay open when you are doing other things in your backpack or in the crown shop as well. If I'm waiting for someone, I like to keep an eye out for when they show up online, but I don't want to stop other things while I'm doing that.