Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New Hybrid The Bullrog

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
By Crossing a Fire toad and a Mini Minotaur you will get this awesome beauty. Of course the first words out of my mouth were: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!" Sorry I just could not resist.
Whoever created this pet, from concept to skin and animation needs a serious raise. 5 Stars.
*Bows to with great respect and a perfectly executed Anne Radcliffeish flourish of my piratey plumed hat.*

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
It seems more like a pet that belongs in wizard101 though. Yet very cool er....hot?...spicy lol

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Sep 21, 2014 wrote:
By Crossing a Fire toad and a Mini Minotaur you will get this awesome beauty. Of course the first words out of my mouth were: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!" Sorry I just could not resist.
Whoever created this pet, from concept to skin and animation needs a serious raise. 5 Stars.
*Bows to with great respect and a perfectly executed Anne Radcliffeish flourish of my piratey plumed hat.*
Aye Chrissy, I had the same "You shall not pass!" reaction when I walked into the Morphing Tent and saw Kelsey standing there with a Bullrog! This is one of the most amazing pets I've ever seen, and possibly my favorite reference in the entire game. I seriously hope I get a Bullrog soon, but lately my luck with hybrids has been absolutely terrible!

Community Leader
Agreed. Whoever created this awesome did an unbelievable job. This is actually the COOLEST pet ever in-game now. I don't know how you guys can beat this. Amazing!!! It's also a great Lord of the Rings reference which is great. It also reminded me of the Diablo game I used to play when I was a teenager which was in the days of dial-ups.

In case you wanted to know what the super amazing Bullrog's egg looks like - Check Here. It is a mysterious orange egg with dark navy/black spots.

And again of course, it has been added to our Pirate101 Hybrid Pets page for easy viewing. Check it out here.

So that makes 12 hybrids discovered so far without including the Skull Island Macaw and (Blue) Ostrich. Can't wait for us to discover 15th, 20th hybrid.

Great job, morphers!

PS: Duncan Stormthief brought up an interesting hybrid theory. Imperial Lion + Tawny Sky Turtle = Lion Turtle. It could be a reference to Avatar? Something you guys should try out!

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Admiral
May 30, 2010
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Sep 21, 2014 wrote:
He's adorable, Chrissy.

Um, where do you get a fire toad?

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
Kelsey Fireheart on Sep 21, 2014 wrote:
Agreed. Whoever created this awesome did an unbelievable job. This is actually the COOLEST pet ever in-game now. I don't know how you guys can beat this. Amazing!!! It's also a great Lord of the Rings reference which is great. It also reminded me of the Diablo game I used to play when I was a teenager which was in the days of dial-ups.

In case you wanted to know what the super amazing Bullrog's egg looks like - Check Here. It is a mysterious orange egg with dark navy/black spots.

And again of course, it has been added to our Pirate101 Hybrid Pets page for easy viewing. Check it out here.

So that makes 12 hybrids discovered so far without including the Skull Island Macaw and (Blue) Ostrich. Can't wait for us to discover 15th, 20th hybrid.

Great job, morphers!

PS: Duncan Stormthief brought up an interesting hybrid theory. Imperial Lion + Tawny Sky Turtle = Lion Turtle. It could be a reference to Avatar? Something you guys should try out!
Oh my gosh, if they Lion Turtle exist as a reference to Avatar, I would totally fangirl!!!

Bosun
May 10, 2010
This Pet is incredible, I must admit. One of the best pets yet, although both the corrupted pets are awesome too, and the heck kitty is so adorable. So many great pets, the team is doing an amazing job.

Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
Nice job finding the hybrid! I'm not a big fan of its appearance if I have to be honest... But whatever.

Community Leader
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Sep 21, 2014 wrote:
He's adorable, Chrissy.

Um, where do you get a fire toad?
The Fire Toad is dropped by Gortez :D

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Scurvy Anthony Wal... on Sep 22, 2014 wrote:
Nice job finding the hybrid! I'm not a big fan of its appearance if I have to be honest... But whatever.
Oh I am not the first to discover it. There were rumors flying around Twitter (Yes pun totally intended ) the day before about a "Demon Bull" being sighted then one of the flock announced the name and parentage. I got to morphing right away and waited a day for the discoverer to post but no one did so I posted without stating that I was the discoverer.

Developer
Kelsey Fireheart on Sep 21, 2014 wrote:

Great job, morphers!

The pun is mine-- but all the credit for the actual hard work goes to our Art team.

Our Art Lead has been playing the live game for about 2 weeks now, desperate to be the first player to have the Bullrog.

He finally got his on Friday-- was he first?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Ratbeard on Sep 22, 2014 wrote:
The pun is mine-- but all the credit for the actual hard work goes to our Art team.

Our Art Lead has been playing the live game for about 2 weeks now, desperate to be the first player to have the Bullrog.

He finally got his on Friday-- was he first?
That would time about right with the Twitter Demon Bull sightings. Perhaps his was the start of the rumor mill going and the flurry of fire toad and minotaur pairings?

Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Sep 22, 2014 wrote:
Oh I am not the first to discover it. There were rumors flying around Twitter (Yes pun totally intended ) the day before about a "Demon Bull" being sighted then one of the flock announced the name and parentage. I got to morphing right away and waited a day for the discoverer to post but no one did so I posted without stating that I was the discoverer.
Ah yes, the demon bull sightings. I actually attempted to find this little hybrid. I tried Minotaur, Ebon, and different types of Buffaloons, but I never thought to use my fire toad ... It makes sense now, considering most demons are fiery creatures, I think. Oh well, hopefully I will find a hybrid!... Someday...

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I LOVE this Hybrid......wow, it is fantastically and fiendishly designed. I must admit that although I really enjoy the cute and cuddly type of pets in the game, I was sooooo hoping for something a bit more sinister and ferocious looking to assist my pirates in battle. Boy does the Bullrog deliver. When it appears in battle I can just 'hear' Moo Manchu timidly and squeamishly saying...."HOLY COW!"

It took me about a dozen tries to get this beast of a battle buddy, but through the process I was rewarded with a 640 pedigree Flaming, Raging BullRog that finally hatched with it's nostrils already flared. And Ratbeard, you have absolutely got to let our pirates wield the Bullrog's weapon-- IT IS TRULY EPIC and a thing of brutal beauty. Valkoor would go frog wild if he got his hands on the Bullrog's weapon. Hey, if our pirate and the pet Mini-Minotaur can have matching weapons, why not a pirate version of the Bullrog weapon? Man this pet has got me toad-ally fired up, and that's no bull!

Again, this pet is purely amazing. Way to go KI, I simply can't imagine it being topped.....but I so would like to see you guys and gals try!

Ensign
May 16, 2011
The Bullrog is without a doubt the coolest pet imo!

However, he does not seem to want to be a part of my team. 21 fails and counting.

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2010
It is pretty unique

~Dead-eye Octavio Devereaux, level 65 Witchdoctor~
~Fearful Zane Parker, level 65 Buccaneer~

Ensign
Jul 24, 2012
how do you know when the morph for a bullrog was successful?

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
powerplant1 on Nov 13, 2014 wrote:
welcome to the message boards powerplant1

i havent gotten this yet, but i was told that the egg will look different than the normal mysterious egg (mini Minotaur)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
powerplant1 on Nov 13, 2014 wrote:
The egg will be a Mysterious orange with dark spots. After 5 minutes though, seeing this little lovely in your pet line up will be a great clue.

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2012
I am tickled and had to share. My new bulrog just went up to lv20 and expressed rare power Vampiric Gaze (range of 6, drains health and gains 50% of health drained) which isn't even listed in the wiki!

It's as purebred as you can get with a hybrid, parents are both 1st gen. Mini-minotaur 265(130) and Fire Toad 274(52). I raised many minotaurs to find one with this pedigree, sadly the fire toad is on the lame side and I have yet to find another of those. Bulrog was produced on the very first morph, currently 293(40) at lv20. *knocks on wood to try to not jinx myself*