Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Tower to easy

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
I've found that the tower is incredibly easy, especially the nefarious 5, only moo Manchu has given me any trouble since his statues do 200 damage and his terracotta warriors charge first round, but other then that tower has been a walk in the park, the only companions ive had be defeated were the ones i wanted to be beaten since ive run out of things to buy, my 2nd to last run was especially easy on the nefarious 5, first round my team made 1 offensive move and the buck was dead, by the 2nd round swashbuckler and musket were dead, 3rd round we won, adding in a hard option when entering tower would provide a challenge to those who find the tower easy, adding in a higher drop rating for items like the lotus mask would be a nice incentive to do "hard" mode

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
zuto4011a on Sep 10, 2014 wrote:
I've found that the tower is incredibly easy, especially the nefarious 5, only moo Manchu has given me any trouble since his statues do 200 damage and his terracotta warriors charge first round, but other then that tower has been a walk in the park, the only companions ive had be defeated were the ones i wanted to be beaten since ive run out of things to buy, my 2nd to last run was especially easy on the nefarious 5, first round my team made 1 offensive move and the buck was dead, by the 2nd round swashbuckler and musket were dead, 3rd round we won, adding in a hard option when entering tower would provide a challenge to those who find the tower easy, adding in a higher drop rating for items like the lotus mask would be a nice incentive to do "hard" mode
So it's too easy for your 4 pirate team, but not necessarily for you individually. Perhaps try going with a 2 pirate crew and sacrifice the 4 person GPCs for more difficulty-- since the difficulty increase seems to be what you are seeking.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
Try using lower tier companions, instead of your best companions. Or try with fewer players, there are many ways in which you can challenge yourself, rather than try to state, this dungeon is way too easy, making others who have a hard time with this dungeon, look bad.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The reason you find that tower 'too easy', is I expect, because you have farmed for the optimum gear & gained it. Not all of us have been so lucky, despite our attempts to gain this gear. The Tower is geared to the 'average' pirate, and provides the challenge at that level. Besides giving those pirates the chance of gaining optimum gear as a reward.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
zuto4011a on Sep 10, 2014 wrote:
Do you have videos of your park walks?

Developer
Good Golly, I had no idea that PvP players might find the Tower much easier than the broad majority player base for which the game is designed and balanced.

I guess I have egg on my face now!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ratbeard on Sep 10, 2014 wrote:
Good Golly, I had no idea that PvP players might find the Tower much easier than the broad majority player base for which the game is designed and balanced.

Well, I still find it very challenging to me, even with many playing through the tower.

Lieutenant
May 09, 2009
Hi! I would have to say that the tower is a nightmare for me, so I don't know how the tower was easy for you. But we all have different opinions/strategy's so I will leave it at that.

The Loyal Swashbuckler
Noble Ryan Thompson

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

Please don't make it harder, Ratbeard! I assure you, the Tower is difficult as well as challenging, without being impossible. Making it harder would merely be discouraging to many players

Petty Officer
Mar 18, 2009
anecorbie on Sep 10, 2014 wrote:
Please don't make it harder, Ratbeard! I assure you, the Tower is difficult as well as challenging, without being impossible. Making it harder would merely be discouraging to many players
Anecorbie,

He was joking. It was designed for the average player.....not the hardcore PvP player.

Lieutenant
Nov 01, 2012
Easy..? Did he say EASY..? How can someone say this tower is easy? This is by far the toughest challenge my pirate has ever faced! This most certainly is not easy, to me anyway. And Ratbeard, please don't make it harder!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Well, bless my heart! Yesterday I had one of those 'walks in the park' in the Tower! I'm still trying to understand how it happened.
Our team consisted of: a swashbuckler, two musketeers and myself ( using my buccaneer ). One of our musketeers wanted to use the elixir & we were all ok with that.
Then we entered. I don't know if it was a combination of experience or gear or if the stars were aligned in our favor, but we shook that Tower and its bosses to the ground!
We finished the fire room so fast, we got the speed chest! We beat up the corrupted samoorai by the fourth round!
Then we entered the room of the Nef-5, OMGee-willikers! I wish I had video of that battle. By the third round we had defeated the buccaneer, and in the next I personally destroyed the musketeer ( reckless frenzy, ya'll )
While that happened our musketeer ( the non-drinker ) had laid a path of destruction with bombs & traps, ablely supported by two Zeenas, and our swashbuckler ( who had Capt. Blood's coat ) He used his Hide and used Assassin's Shroud on the privateer, then backed off and attacked the witchdoctor. The Nefarious 5 hit us & yes did quite a bit of damage. I used Hide & on the advice of our leader Vicious charged the privy ( she never got a chance to Charm any of us, just a few summoned minions.)
We earned the second speed chest! The terracotta warriors were next & we did lose a couple of companions. Then it was Moo's turn, very satisfyingly handled by all of us.
Final analysis: Is the Tower too easy? No, it's not, but if you get a great combo of experienced, well equipped players, it becomes easier than usual.
I'm not expecting to repeat this awesome Tower run, battles change with the pirate, his/her class, equipment and team.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

Lol Dang I can hear your eyes rolling from here.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on Sep 11, 2014 wrote:
Well, bless my heart! Yesterday I had one of those 'walks in the park' in the Tower! I'm still trying to understand how it happened.
Our team consisted of: a swashbuckler, two musketeers and myself ( using my buccaneer ). One of our musketeers wanted to use the elixir & we were all ok with that.
Then we entered. I don't know if it was a combination of experience or gear or if the stars were aligned in our favor, but we shook that Tower and its bosses to the ground!
We finished the fire room so fast, we got the speed chest! We beat up the corrupted samoorai by the fourth round!
Then we entered the room of the Nef-5, OMGee-willikers! I wish I had video of that battle. By the third round we had defeated the buccaneer, and in the next I personally destroyed the musketeer ( reckless frenzy, ya'll )
While that happened our musketeer ( the non-drinker ) had laid a path of destruction with bombs & traps, ablely supported by two Zeenas, and our swashbuckler ( who had Capt. Blood's coat ) He used his Hide and used Assassin's Shroud on the privateer, then backed off and attacked the witchdoctor. The Nefarious 5 hit us & yes did quite a bit of damage. I used Hide & on the advice of our leader Vicious charged the privy ( she never got a chance to Charm any of us, just a few summoned minions.)
We earned the second speed chest! The terracotta warriors were next & we did lose a couple of companions. Then it was Moo's turn, very satisfyingly handled by all of us.
Final analysis: Is the Tower too easy? No, it's not, but if you get a great combo of experienced, well equipped players, it becomes easier than usual.
I'm not expecting to repeat this awesome Tower run, battles change with the pirate, his/her class, equipment and team.
OK, gonna sound inexperienced even though I have done the tower countless times in test and 7 times and counting in live (the counting part is for the aborted attempts when we loose too much of a team to continue, counting the time my computer crashed in the middle of a Nefarious 5 fight.) My apologies again to my team.

Silly question: Speed chest? Never seen that before. What do they look like and what's in them?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Sep 11, 2014 wrote:
OK, gonna sound inexperienced even though I have done the tower countless times in test and 7 times and counting in live (the counting part is for the aborted attempts when we loose too much of a team to continue, counting the time my computer crashed in the middle of a Nefarious 5 fight.) My apologies again to my team.

Silly question: Speed chest? Never seen that before. What do they look like and what's in them?
They're just like the other four person chests, so if you finish in the allotted time, you get double the reward. You have to open them quick, otherwise they vanish ( or so said our leader ).

Developer

Silly question: Speed chest? Never seen that before.

I reckon you're going too slow then, neh?

What do they look like?

The look like a Group Plunder chest, but when you get close, they are clearly labeled "Speed Reward!"

There are two 4-lock Speed Rewards on the landings between floors 4-5 and 8-9, and there are two 2-lock Speed Rewards on the balconies of floor 4 and floor 8.

What's in them?

Goodies.

Bosun
May 10, 2010

speed chests are just like the 4 person loot chests immediately after the nefarious 5 battle, in fact, it will be in a similar chest to the left of the 4 person loot chest that drops 1 piece of class specific gear. You can get this speed chest if you defeat the Nefarious 5 within 3 rounds... Good luck!

Also, for those that think this dungeon is too easy, quit using doubloons, try it without any doubloons, also for even more of a challenge, have someone turn to the dark side, and have them with complete gear. There are dozens of ways to make this Tower even more challenging.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Ratbeard on Sep 11, 2014 wrote:
Silly question: Speed chest? Never seen that before.

I reckon you're going too slow then, neh?

What do they look like?

The look like a Group Plunder chest, but when you get close, they are clearly labeled "Speed Reward!"

There are two 4-lock Speed Rewards on the landings between floors 4-5 and 8-9, and there are two 2-lock Speed Rewards on the balconies of floor 4 and floor 8.

What's in them?

Goodies.
OH OK I have gotten them many times. I just didn't know what they were called. If fact I have lost a couple do to lag or for some reason my pirate freezes (or someone else's does) and we don't get to it in time. It just thought they were another way you were showing us your generousness in providing wonderful drops. That's what I get for not reading things closely enough. Thanks Ratbeard.

Gotcha, not just extra group plunder rewards but speed rewards. Kewl, I HAVE been doing it right. Me, too slow Pffffthhh Neener, neener Ratbeard.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Oran of Urz on Sep 11, 2014 wrote:
Anecorbie,

He was joking. It was designed for the average player.....not the hardcore PvP player.
Are you implying that 'hardcore pvp players' are superior to pve players? I disagree.

Ensign
Jan 17, 2010
Are you implying that 'hardcore pvp players' are superior to pve players? I disagree.
Nowhere did that say PvE players. Average players may be PvP players. PvE players may have out of this world good gear. Just, hardcore PvP players might be better equipped than average players, that's all. Better equipped does not mean superiority.

And zuto; I have read many of your posts; I get you are a competitive player. But I don't get why you have to take your competitive nature against average players trying to have fun. This thread seems to be a show off thread to make average, casual players look bad.

Here is my challenge to you, since you seem inexhaustibly needy of these; solo moo Manchu tower, with no gear, no doubloon, delete all your powers, no weapon, no companion, no henchmen, no pets. Just auto attacks.

Or, just be quiet about showing off and have fun at the tower.

Take your pick.

Petty Officer
Mar 18, 2009
No, that is what you are implying.

Ratbeard knows all too well that PvP players are the first to complain about "unbalanced," which rarely happens with PvE players. In this case, the OP is complaining how "unbalanced" the tower is (too easy, vice overpowdered).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Oran of Urz on Sep 12, 2014 wrote:
No, that is what you are implying.

Ratbeard knows all too well that PvP players are the first to complain about "unbalanced," which rarely happens with PvE players. In this case, the OP is complaining how "unbalanced" the tower is (too easy, vice overpowdered).
Thank you for the correction.

Petty Officer
Nov 15, 2012
i kinda find it hard even with 4 members with the Nefarious charming every time...

Bosun
May 10, 2010
So, Zuto, have you tried the tower without anyone using any Doubloons? Have you tried with tier 3 companions? Have you tried with a good player turning evil, no doubloons, and the turned player has full gear? Have you done the tower solo, since LIVE that is?

Yeah, too easy I am sure. If its that easy, then doing all the things above should be another piece of cake, no?