Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The No-Trade Issue.

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
So, for the first time today, i went and did The Nefarious tower. needless to say, i got some epic and extremely rare loot. the 3 undeniable best pieces were: the Nefarious staff for Witchdoctors, the Brain Thief Band for Buccaneers, and the Corrupted Warlord's O-Yoroi. the issue is, i did the tower on my Swashbuckler. i have no doubt that each of those epic pieces of loot are rare and hard to come by, and needless to say, I am ecstatic to have them . . . . the problem is, i cannot use any of them. I understand why you guys made these things No-Trade items, but in doing so you made them completely useless! is there any way, any way at all that i can make use of these wonderful pieces of gear, or are they doomed to gather dust in my bank, or sold to a vendor for an inadequate amount of gold?

Please, Please, PLEASE change the policy, or at least give me an explanation why D:

Matthew Walker, 65
Matthew Walker, 65
Matthew Walker, 65
Matthew Walker, 19

you can see why i am so desperate to get this policy changed, right?

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
Blixet on Sep 4, 2014 wrote:
So, for the first time today, i went and did The Nefarious tower. needless to say, i got some epic and extremely rare loot. the 3 undeniable best pieces were: the Nefarious staff for Witchdoctors, the Brain Thief Band for Buccaneers, and the Corrupted Warlord's O-Yoroi. the issue is, i did the tower on my Swashbuckler. i have no doubt that each of those epic pieces of loot are rare and hard to come by, and needless to say, I am ecstatic to have them . . . . the problem is, i cannot use any of them. I understand why you guys made these things No-Trade items, but in doing so you made them completely useless! is there any way, any way at all that i can make use of these wonderful pieces of gear, or are they doomed to gather dust in my bank, or sold to a vendor for an inadequate amount of gold?

Please, Please, PLEASE change the policy, or at least give me an explanation why D:

Matthew Walker, 65
Matthew Walker, 65
Matthew Walker, 65
Matthew Walker, 19

you can see why i am so desperate to get this policy changed, right?
i already tried to ask about this issue before, sadly they have no ideas or future to change the no trade policies....sorry friend

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
This no trade message is starting to annoy me too. Especially the class exclusive items, it feels like a wasted effort to me to obtain such an amazing loot.Please if it's a class exclusive, just remove that No trade message. It's not just plain annoying,it take up unnecessary spaces in the bank,no ofense KI.

Developer
I hear you... Hold on to your items.

I'm pushing a little more on this issue.

Ensign
Oct 08, 2012
I wish I could hold onto my items... Sadly I have no more bank space. Half of my bank space is filled with Pre-paid card pets and crown pack pets that I simply thought were good. Good luck to me holding my darn ol' items.

Ensign
Jul 29, 2009
... I just sold the Nefarious staff on my Musketeer because I thought I would never be able to give it to my witchdoctor. That is very disappointing.

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
Unfortunately I got the Buccaneer weapon on my Musket and I didn't even realise. My Buck isn't even max yet but when the time comes it would be so nice if I could give the weapon to my buck, instead of wasting my time farming for one thing that I probably won't get after ten tries. Which would probably waste 2 days of my time, it would be an honour if we could trade class or rare items. Also it would be nice if you could increase the chance of getting gear related to your class more then getting a different classes weapon like on w101.
Brave Bradley Barclay

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
WyvernBlaze on Sep 5, 2014 wrote:
I wish I could hold onto my items... Sadly I have no more bank space. Half of my bank space is filled with Pre-paid card pets and crown pack pets that I simply thought were good. Good luck to me holding my darn ol' items.
That brings up a great and very valid point WyvernBlaze!

Ratbeard, with the oodles of noodl...I mean oodles of new weapons, gear, items, accessories, pets and housing items, and so man more goodies, would you say that it may be close to time for an increase in our bank, shared bank and pack limits? There is just so much goodness out there to be had and held on to and those slots get filled rather quickly. I have 6 pirates, 1 I primarily play and 5 others that I hope to play more of some day. But at the moment those are serving as piratical pack mules. Almost all of their banks are nearing the limit and they are all under level 7. I have 6 houses on my main pirate as well, and they are also in 'storage mode'.

Is there any chance that some time in the near future we will be granted more pack/bank space? There are already so many amazing items in the game, from the new Towah, new pack, and so many pets from morphing and attempts at hybrids (which I surely place in homes)-- I can only image that when new worlds and content get here, the chance of hanging on to our precious gear will be ever more dwindling and hard to do, as I am sure you have even more fantastic gear for us to gather and collect and do flips over. Many of us would hate to have to trash gear we have spent loooooooots of time collecting for our 'unseasoned pirates', due to lack of space.

I would even be happy and willing to pay Crowns for Pack and/or Bank & Shared Bank potions that would grant more space. Something like the Bric-a-Brac potion for our houses. Maybe there could be potions for just each pirate's Pack and Bank (and leave the Shared Bank as is), for a good amount of Crowns, that increases in increments of 10, 25 and/or 50 to each respective bank and/or pack-- up to a certain limit of course.

Or you could just provide us some more bank/pack space out of the goodness and generosity of your giving hearts........whatever works for you guys and gals at KI. (hey, it was worth a try, right?)

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
WyvernBlaze on Sep 5, 2014 wrote:
I would buy at least one house and use it to store 50 pets inside and 50 pets outside. That should clear up some space in your Banks. Also, it's another place to store things that can be put into houses.

Lieutenant
Feb 01, 2011
The Helpful Pirate on Sep 7, 2014 wrote:
I would buy at least one house and use it to store 50 pets inside and 50 pets outside. That should clear up some space in your Banks. Also, it's another place to store things that can be put into houses.
Agreed with the house buying strategy...all of my pirates have a spare house just for storage and pet wrangling. As far as the "no-trade" issue...I want to add my voice to those who want it removed! Come on, KI...let us at least give our awesome, hard-won gear to our pirates who can make the best use of it! Please?

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
this is an unrelated issue, which i have already made a thread for, but it has not gotten any attention, so i will post this here as well since rat beard was awesome enough to make an appearance.

i am either the luckiest guy that ever did was (as it were is do be) or there is an issue with the nefarious five loot table concerning the dragon axe of doom. the issue is, i have four of them on my swashbuckler. i have only done the tower a total of 9 times so far, and 4 of those ended after the nefarious five. i am concerned that the loot table is unbalanced, making this weapon easier to obtain than any of the others, which would make it a little unfair for buccaneers. of course, it is possible that i am just absurdly lucky.

Matthew Walker, Level 65 , , and

Ensign
Jun 29, 2011
I just did the Tower for the first time today with my little brother. We have little time to spend farming dungeons for class-specific weapons that we can't trade, and we have to use my older, slow computer and the family computer to do so. Thankfully, he got the swashbuckler blades on his swashbuckler.
We don't mind waiting for the time to do the dungeon and love fighting out way to the top, but it'd be nice if I could give the swashbuckler blades and buccaneer's axe I got from the Nefarious Five battle and second chance chest to my other characters. They're just going to take up space in my witchdoctor's bank otherwise, because I can't bring myself to sell them - they're way to awesome to just get rid of!

Bosun
May 10, 2010
Either take off all the no trade on all the items, including the weapons, or seriously increase the drop rate of everything in this dungeon.

I have done this dungeon about 20 times now, I have only gotten 2 weapons, both times the nefarious shooty weapon, once on my witchdoctor and once on my swashbuckler. I have gotten gear from other classes, so nobody is yet fully geared. There is also level 55 items, level 60 items, and level 65 items.

Has anyone at KI done the math with all these items, all these levels, I know this dungeon is supposed to keep us occupied and all, but you are going to make it into a serious grind or crown pit and frustrate the player base and make them quit.

I love the tower, it is long, but fun and challenging, this is the only problem I have with this update, please fix it sooner rather than later, because the longer this goes on, the more upset your players will get.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I really don't think KI can 'totally win' on this one.

The same players that are complaining about not getting the right gear on the right pirate(s), and not being able to trade it, were the same ones complaining a couple weeks ago about nothing to do in the Spiral. If KI greatly increases the drop rates or reverts to class specific drops (which I wouldn't mind at all as well), then those same players will probably also be complaining, when in 1 or 2 more weeks, they have everything they want from the Tower for every class pirate they posses....and thus are once again left with nothing to do in the Spiral.

Most would love for everything that is dropped or acquired from a long dungeon to be useful by that current pirate, but there also has to be a balance between getting what you want and having something to do. There's only so much great gear in the tower and if it is all trade-able or class-specific dropped gear or the rates are greatly raised, then players would once again, quickly run out of things to do and thus the "KI doesn't care protests...Where's the new worlds Cries.....and I'm tired of waiting grumbles" will commence again, just taking the place of the current complaints.

It's only been a couple of weeks and everyone already wants to have every possible piece of gear for their specific pirate and then once again be left twiddling their thumbs. I guess I just come from a much more patient generation or background and realize that when we have everything we desire, then we are left with nothing to do and only wanting more-- that is until it comes along and we gobble it up too, usually way to fast and the cycle just repeats itself.

I have yet to even find enough time to fully commit to the tower, with real-life being my first priority. But when I get the time to thoroughly enjoy it, I will try to remain patient and enjoy it for what it is meant to be.....a fun way to spend time with friends, have something awesome to do and possibly get some amazing gear along the way.

Ensign
Oct 20, 2009
I would also like to be able to pass along more loot to my alts pirates. I don't like having to farm one place so much on one Pirate just to get loot for THEM, and end up with many pieces of gear my alts can use but I'd have to farm a million times each on them to get it for them.

It just makes the amount of grinding pointlessly more.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Sep 15, 2014 wrote:
I really don't think KI can 'totally win' on this one.

The same players that are complaining about not getting the right gear on the right pirate(s), and not being able to trade it, were the same ones complaining a couple weeks ago about nothing to do in the Spiral. If KI greatly increases the drop rates or reverts to class specific drops (which I wouldn't mind at all as well), then those same players will probably also be complaining, when in 1 or 2 more weeks, they have everything they want from the Tower for every class pirate they posses....and thus are once again left with nothing to do in the Spiral.

Most would love for everything that is dropped or acquired from a long dungeon to be useful by that current pirate, but there also has to be a balance between getting what you want and having something to do. There's only so much great gear in the tower and if it is all trade-able or class-specific dropped gear or the rates are greatly raised, then players would once again, quickly run out of things to do and thus the "KI doesn't care protests...Where's the new worlds Cries.....and I'm tired of waiting grumbles" will commence again, just taking the place of the current complaints.

It's only been a couple of weeks and everyone already wants to have every possible piece of gear for their specific pirate and then once again be left twiddling their thumbs. I guess I just come from a much more patient generation or background and realize that when we have everything we desire, then we are left with nothing to do and only wanting more-- that is until it comes along and we gobble it up too, usually way to fast and the cycle just repeats itself.

I have yet to even find enough time to fully commit to the tower, with real-life being my first priority. But when I get the time to thoroughly enjoy it, I will try to remain patient and enjoy it for what it is meant to be.....a fun way to spend time with friends, have something awesome to do and possibly get some amazing gear along the way.
Well, there are always going to be people who complain just to complain, that will never change.

There are always things to do in this game, so no idea why people complain about that, but like I said, people love to complain.

Anyhow, with how many classes there are, that being 5 different classes, this tower also offers gear of level 55, 60, and 65 gear, so that is 3 levels of gear for each class.

Now each pirate also has the ability to get a hat, robe, boots, weapon, accessory, totem, charm, or ring. So, that is also 8 different pieces of equipment all at 3 different possible levels, except I think the weapons are only 1 specific level.

Still, if you do the math, KI needs to make it to where these items are tradable, or they will just continue to frustrate the players and make it to where people don't want to do the tower anymore for lack of getting anything usable at all, or quit the game.

Just my 2 cents on the matter

Developer
I strongly encourage you to hang on to your No Trade gear, and be patient.

This is your second Public Service Announcement.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Darth JT on Sep 16, 2014 wrote:
Well, there are always going to be people who complain just to complain, that will never change.

There are always things to do in this game, so no idea why people complain about that, but like I said, people love to complain.

Anyhow, with how many classes there are, that being 5 different classes, this tower also offers gear of level 55, 60, and 65 gear, so that is 3 levels of gear for each class.

Now each pirate also has the ability to get a hat, robe, boots, weapon, accessory, totem, charm, or ring. So, that is also 8 different pieces of equipment all at 3 different possible levels, except I think the weapons are only 1 specific level.

Still, if you do the math, KI needs to make it to where these items are tradable, or they will just continue to frustrate the players and make it to where people don't want to do the tower anymore for lack of getting anything usable at all, or quit the game.

Just my 2 cents on the matter
I 'hear' you Darth JT, and I truly understand players frustrations over not getting what they want or desire. Everybody wants that 'gotta have it gear' and everybody gets frustrated or disappointed when they get it on the 'wrong pirate'.

My only, or biggest, point is this.........the tower has only been open to us a few short weeks. Now, we all want that amazing gear, but do we have to have it this very instant and after so little time.....possibly, maybe, I guess so, but not necessarily. If players are willing to go bananas over not getting what they want in just a few weeks, then maybe we all just need to have a bit more patience and find joy in the other things around us or other things that the tower has to offer.

I fully understand the 'want' and the frustration that comes from being 'denied what we want'. I want to farm the tower so badly, but I have 2 babies at home, an older son, work, coaching, school meetings, activities and real life priorities that demand my attention and utmost devotion. But I do want that gear and would love to get it on my 'right pirate'. If I don't, oh well, I am sure I will have fun in the process, maybe meet some great new pirates, get great gear, enjoy life in the Spiral and have my family to be blessed by.

For all we know the new updates and worlds could be months away. So, sure there's level 55, 60 and 65 pieces and sets of gear that we want and could use, but let's face it, most are after a select few pieces of gear for each class of pirate-- especially, I would imagine, the diehard PvP'ers. Anything else gained a long the way is an added bonus.

As I tried to demonstrate, the Tower has not been live for very long at all......and there's already whispers of mutiny? Wow- patience young pirates, for it has been known to be a thing of virtue. Didn't most of us spend weeks, months, even years getting the great gear we had before the most recent updates. I think we can hang in there just a wee bit and enjoy the Tower in the meantime. The amazing gear will come, and perhaps they will adjust the drops rates in our favor, or make some of the gear trade-able or even class specific. If they do, that's awesome and best of luck to everyone getting it for their pirate(s). But in the meantime, just try to enjoy hanging out with friends and embracing that 'epically surprising feeling' when you do get something you can actually use.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
The tower was created to be a harder dungeon and the rewards for completing it are really good. I don't think having the items as no trade is a violation at all. I have done the tower ten times. I have the baron's mask, the swashbuckler's earring, the staff of power with the sword, the axe, the knives, the nova blaster, the kirin mount, the corrupted pets, and a lot of gear I can't equip. Am I angry about this? Not really. The point of the tower is to complete a difficult challenge if everything is just handed to you without the work it really makes it less gratifying to get the gear you want. If you could trade everything before having your other pirate do the tower those other pirate's you have to run the tower once for the quest. This assumes that everyone has more than one pirate. Making the items not tradeable ensures that everyone has to run the tower to get the gear.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ratbeard on Sep 16, 2014 wrote:

Oh I am holding on Ratbeard, you bet!

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
These are all valid reasons but it would be really great if we could at least get one rare item in each time we do the dungeon. Just like in W101 waterworks, we at least got two pieces of rare gear, the legendary hat from the squid and possibly a mastery amulet or the rest of the legendary gear on the last fight. So KI we beg you to at least do the same with P101.

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
DuranteRamses87 on Sep 16, 2014 wrote:
The tower was created to be a harder dungeon and the rewards for completing it are really good. I don't think having the items as no trade is a violation at all. I have done the tower ten times. I have the baron's mask, the swashbuckler's earring, the staff of power with the sword, the axe, the knives, the nova blaster, the kirin mount, the corrupted pets, and a lot of gear I can't equip. Am I angry about this? Not really. The point of the tower is to complete a difficult challenge if everything is just handed to you without the work it really makes it less gratifying to get the gear you want. If you could trade everything before having your other pirate do the tower those other pirate's you have to run the tower once for the quest. This assumes that everyone has more than one pirate. Making the items not tradeable ensures that everyone has to run the tower to get the gear.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
The amount of luck you had with getting all those weapons is quite high, I have done the tower eight times now and what have I gotten? Two nefarious weapons and Moo Manchu's hat, all I ask is that if we could get one rare item from both of those fights it would be a complete privilege.

Developer
Ninja Phoenix123 on Sep 16, 2014 wrote:
These are all valid reasons but it would be really great if we could at least get one rare item in each time we do the dungeon. Just like in W101 waterworks, we at least got two pieces of rare gear, the legendary hat from the squid and possibly a mastery amulet or the rest of the legendary gear on the last fight. So KI we beg you to at least do the same with P101.
You get two rare items, specifically for your class, from the two 4-lock chests on landing 4 and 8.

Ensign
May 16, 2011
Ratbeard on Sep 16, 2014 wrote:

Thank you Ratbeard. I appreciate that you are still considering this.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Sep 16, 2014 wrote:
I 'hear' you Darth JT, and I truly understand players frustrations over not getting what they want or desire. Everybody wants that 'gotta have it gear' and everybody gets frustrated or disappointed when they get it on the 'wrong pirate'.

My only, or biggest, point is this.........the tower has only been open to us a few short weeks. Now, we all want that amazing gear, but do we have to have it this very instant and after so little time.....possibly, maybe, I guess so, but not necessarily. If players are willing to go bananas over not getting what they want in just a few weeks, then maybe we all just need to have a bit more patience and find joy in the other things around us or other things that the tower has to offer.

I fully understand the 'want' and the frustration that comes from being 'denied what we want'. I want to farm the tower so badly, but I have 2 babies at home, an older son, work, coaching, school meetings, activities and real life priorities that demand my attention and utmost devotion. But I do want that gear and would love to get it on my 'right pirate'. If I don't, oh well, I am sure I will have fun in the process, maybe meet some great new pirates, get great gear, enjoy life in the Spiral and have my family to be blessed by.

For all we know the new updates and worlds could be months away. So, sure there's level 55, 60 and 65 pieces and sets of gear that we want and could use, but let's face it, most are after a select few pieces of gear for each class of pirate-- especially, I would imagine, the diehard PvP'ers. Anything else gained a long the way is an added bonus.

As I tried to demonstrate, the Tower has not been live for very long at all......and there's already whispers of mutiny? Wow- patience young pirates, for it has been known to be a thing of virtue. Didn't most of us spend weeks, months, even years getting the great gear we had before the most recent updates. I think we can hang in there just a wee bit and enjoy the Tower in the meantime. The amazing gear will come, and perhaps they will adjust the drops rates in our favor, or make some of the gear trade-able or even class specific. If they do, that's awesome and best of luck to everyone getting it for their pirate(s). But in the meantime, just try to enjoy hanging out with friends and embracing that 'epically surprising feeling' when you do get something you can actually use.
I have not heard any whispers of mutiny quite yet, thank goodness, heck I have even managed to pull quite a few old players back to the game. I just know that in order to keep the tower fun, enjoyable, and a challenge, is to not make it a grind.

No, not all gear is going to be used, my witchdoctor has a great mixture of items and gear. What is fun to farm for, just for looks, kicks, or giggles, are the weapons and the nefarious masks. Those could be quite interesting, however, I think the drop rate is a bit low, as nobody wants to have to spend a fortune in crowns to always get a good item, we want it as a drop, sometime in the game.

I thank ratbeard for working so diligently for trying to make it so the no trade is taken off, hopefully that will go for at least the weapons too! The accessories are a different story, but hey, that would be cool too.

No matter what, I think this dungeon will be played just for the fun and challenge quality of it! I have fully geared pirates, like my witchdoctor and my swashbuckler, I don't think I would ever use the swashy weapon, but I might use the Moo Manchu Staff of Power on my Witchdoctor, but I still do the dungeon on them, just for the fun of it.