Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pet interface bug

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Nov 01, 2012
When I leave the pt morphing thing, the normal Boochbeard and Gandry screen comes up, doesn't go away. It stays stuck like that, and the only way to get out of it is to close the game. Then I have to open up the game again. This bug is really annoying me, it would be awesome if you guys can fix it. Thanks!

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Hi Chris,

Is this on the Live realm or Test realm?

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
This happens quite often with me as well and with many other pirates I have talked to. Sometimes we get the "stuck Gandry and Boochbeard" screen and other times it is just a dark screen where you can just see the pirate and the pet- nothing else.

It happens probably 1 out of maybe 5 or 6 attempts in Live Realm for me and always only when morphing with another pirate. Like ChrisTheSwashy noted, when the screen freezes with the Booch and Gandry screen, I too have to exit the game completely and log back in. With the black screen I usually can exit to the pirate selection screen and then just load my pirate again. Sometimes I can simply wait out the black screen, but exiting to pirate selection is faster once I see the black screen.

Seems to be a very common issue as I have encountered many players who have experienced the same thing.

Lieutenant
Nov 01, 2012
Bonnie Anne on Aug 21, 2014 wrote:
Hi Chris,

Is this on the Live realm or Test realm?
Hi Bonnie, I haven't tried it in the Test realm, so it only happens in the live realm

Lieutenant
Nov 01, 2012
ChrisTheSwashy on Aug 21, 2014 wrote:
When I leave the pt morphing thing, the normal Boochbeard and Gandry screen comes up, doesn't go away. It stays stuck like that, and the only way to get out of it is to close the game. Then I have to open up the game again. This bug is really annoying me, it would be awesome if you guys can fix it. Thanks!
Oh, this doesn't happen all the time, but like half of the time. Thanks!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
ChrisTheSwashy on Aug 21, 2014 wrote:
When this happens to me, I hit escape and that takes me back to the pirate selection screen. Is this what you mean by "close the game"?

Bonnie Anne, this happens in the live realm a fair bit. Sometimes I'm stuck but my partner isn't. Sometimes he's stuck and I'm not. And sometimes we both get stuck (I can verify who's stuck; we're at computers in the same room). I don't know that it happens any more frequently if I'm the one who doesn't leave the morph first or not. I reckon Indigo and I can try some morphing and see if we can clarify that.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
You can get out of it a little faster if you hit escape a couple of times. The first time will put you into the fathomless void, and the second one will get you back to the sign in dock.

Lieutenant
Nov 01, 2012
Oh, thanks for the escape button tip guys! The next time this happens I will give that a try

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Just a quick update, Bonnie Anne: Indigo and I did some morphing this morning. With 5 tries, he got locked into the cutscreen twice, I got locked in once, and we both froze at the "waiting" screen once (the escape key short cut works there as well). I left first all 4 times. It didn't seem to matter who was on which circle. I am assuming coincidence that both times Indigo was locked up we got my parent pet as the result of the morph since the sample size is absolutely miniscule.