Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

i am getting tired of this!!

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
hey guys, sorry, i am not trying to be annoying, but people have been bullying me again and it is getting on my nerves. i used all the advice that you all gave me in the other thread, but these guys would not leave me alone, so this thread is for posting your way to deal with bully's to help folks like me get away from em' also, people have found ways to say rude thing through the chat, i will pm them to a leader on central or something so that they can tell kingsisle.

Petty Officer
Aug 11, 2013
The thing about bullies is that they're everywhere, always have been and always will be. The other thing about bullies is that they're people, just like you and me. They have no real power over you, only that which you grant them. I know that its hard to ignore them, but that's what you have to do. I understand how trapped it makes you feel, but those walls that seem to touch the sky are thinner than paper. You can always find support here on the message boards, but the only one who can really deal with the bullies is you.

~Gibbsie

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
fearless robert sp... on Aug 19, 2014 wrote:
hey guys, sorry, i am not trying to be annoying, but people have been bullying me again and it is getting on my nerves. i used all the advice that you all gave me in the other thread, but these guys would not leave me alone, so this thread is for posting your way to deal with bully's to help folks like me get away from em' also, people have found ways to say rude thing through the chat, i will pm them to a leader on central or something so that they can tell kingsisle.
Then leave them! Unless they're on your friends list ( & who wants friends like that? ) They can't track you down, unless they have nothing better to do than change realms looking for you. If they use foul language, then report them. I wonder how you seem to have become a bully magnet? Maybe they're reading your posts and know how they get under your skin? Hmmm..
I know this is probably not the advice you are looking for, but unless they do something beyond what's allowed and get banned, the only thing to do is click' ignore'.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hello Robert. If it's mostly bullies in the game, online or some other form of social media, just remember that although the words are in front of your face, the ones doing the verbal bullying are miles, states and even countries away. They can't harm you, their words can't actually touch you, they possess no weapon strong enough to break you -- only letters on a screen in a virtual world. Hard as it may seem, you must try to remember that a bully is the one that is the unfortunate soul. It is a sign of cowardice, weakness and possible personal torment that causes a bully to want to harm others, bring them down and break their will and spirits. Most bullies need help and their bullying is a way of hiding from something or reaching out, whether intentionally or without realizing.

I encourage you to find strength in yourself to realize just what makes you a great person, a true gift to this earth and the people around you and from this no bully will ever be as powerful as you are. If online bullying seems to really at any point be getting to you, I suggest stepping away and take a break to embrace the good that you possess and to realize that you have something wonderful to offer the world. Try not to ever let things build too much -- take that break if you need it and recharge and reassure and find comfort from those around that care.

If the bullies are in your real life and physically around you, then confide in those that you care deeply about you and seek other supportive measures to help you cope. Awareness, whether for you, your supportive cast and/or for the bully, is a strong and powerful tool. I am sure there are many around you who care and nothing beats down a bully more then strength in numbers and knowing that they have no effect on you....and if they do there are those standing beside you to render the bully and their actions nonexistent.

Good luck and like The Gibbs stated, you always have us here and on Central to ease the burdens of whatever you may be going through.

Lieutenant
Nov 01, 2012
Just remember Robert, that you are a fellow marauder. You are one of us -- you will always have our support. Don't let those harsh words get the best of you. Cyber bullies are just people sitting on a chair typing hurt full things because they have nothing better to do. Just remember, they are just words. You are stronger than words. Good luck!

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Have you pressed ignore and gone somewhere else? I hope you can get rid of them.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
Online bullies

yes, unfortunately, bullies are everywhere, even more so online, as bullies are cowards. It is easy to hide behind a computer screen and try to talk and act big.

However, everyone has the ability to overpower bullies and it is so easy to do. How you ask? Simply, ask yourself this, do you care what this person is saying? Does it matter? No, it does not matter and no, you should not care. You can easily ignore that person that is trash talking. You can change realms, you have the ability to just pretend they are not even there. By not feeding the bully or troll as they are referred to these days, you are taking away the bullies power and control, you are not feeding them, but making them look stupid and foolish.

So, next time, just ignore them, don't care, because it simply does not matter what this person is saying.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Robert, are you changing realms to escape them? Are they following you?

I'm unclear if you're talking about the same folks bullying you over and over, or if you keep getting into interactions with different bullies.

Ensign
May 27, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 19, 2014 wrote:
Hello Robert. If it's mostly bullies in the game, online or some other form of social media, just remember that although the words are in front of your face, the ones doing the verbal bullying are miles, states and even countries away. They can't harm you, their words can't actually touch you, they possess no weapon strong enough to break you -- only letters on a screen in a virtual world. Hard as it may seem, you must try to remember that a bully is the one that is the unfortunate soul. It is a sign of cowardice, weakness and possible personal torment that causes a bully to want to harm others, bring them down and break their will and spirits. Most bullies need help and their bullying is a way of hiding from something or reaching out, whether intentionally or without realizing.

I encourage you to find strength in yourself to realize just what makes you a great person, a true gift to this earth and the people around you and from this no bully will ever be as powerful as you are. If online bullying seems to really at any point be getting to you, I suggest stepping away and take a break to embrace the good that you possess and to realize that you have something wonderful to offer the world. Try not to ever let things build too much -- take that break if you need it and recharge and reassure and find comfort from those around that care.

If the bullies are in your real life and physically around you, then confide in those that you care deeply about you and seek other supportive measures to help you cope. Awareness, whether for you, your supportive cast and/or for the bully, is a strong and powerful tool. I am sure there are many around you who care and nothing beats down a bully more then strength in numbers and knowing that they have no effect on you....and if they do there are those standing beside you to render the bully and their actions nonexistent.

Good luck and like The Gibbs stated, you always have us here and on Central to ease the burdens of whatever you may be going through.
Wow Valkoor, those were some seriously inspirational and wise words you gave Robert and almost brought tears to my eyes (almost because pirates don't cry!! ) You certainly hit the nail on the head and I sincerely hope Robert has taken your response to heart. Bullies only get power if we allow them to take it from us. Robert, if you see me in the skyways, make sure you friend me as I will always have the back of a fellow marauder

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I had to deal with bullies here too. The best way is to play the game with people you do like and enjoy yourself. When those people who bully come around you don't have to take it. Report them, ignore them, and leave.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
Don't worry, you're not alone. I know first-hand what it's like being bullied, more-so in real life than online. I too have felt the sting that words can bring, feeling surrounded and unable to escape. I'm gonna tell you right now those people are just hot air, trying to make themselves "superior" to people they think are noobs (I prefer to use the term 'rook', short for 'rookie', sounds less insulting to me). Anyway, like the others say, bullies are everywhere but they're only as powerful as you let them be. Speaking from experience, you either have a fight or flight response; do everything you can to avoid the bully or prove you're not the soft target they think you are (and should be rational with both). Let me tell you about how I dealt with one bully when I was in high school; for the sake of myself, sparing as many details as I can:
It was the beginning of class. We were just finishing our warm-up assignment when the bully showed up late to class, and decides to sit in the desk right behind me . Meanwhile, another classmate was going around the room collecting the papers from those who finished. I was just about to hand mine in when the bully reach out, snatched it out of my hand, then started copying my answers . For a few seconds I was stunned but I soon snapped out of it and took my paper back . He starts acting tough as usual, basically trying to pick a fight with me. (Again, I'm going to spare the details). No fight ever happened, just one fingernail scratch on his hand was enough to get him to leave me alone. I at least got a lot of support from friends and family, some even congratulated me for finally standing up for myself .
I hope I didn't go on a tangent here. My point is just to stand up for yourself or leave the area. It's much easier to avoid bullies online anyway, so have fun with all your friends and everyone else who supports you and just ignore those Brass Monkeys.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
I can think of three reasonable ideas that might help ye,

1# tell their parents.

2# contact the authority and have them sent to a juvenile center

3# hire a big intimidating bodyguard nicknamed "Dragon"

those be me best options to deal with bully's & jerks mate, hope these help ye.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 19, 2014 wrote:

Thanks a lot bro! i would have left but i was in a pvp match, and i was LONG one lol, but don't worry i assure you that these bullies didn't in any was shake my confidence or any of that junk. i know that online bullies are just words on a screen and that they are the ones who are suffering, so they make people feel bad about themselves. but, this is advice for other people that I've learned in past bully situations, never tell them what your going through or problems that you are going through to prove to them that your tuff and that you can take on anything or whatever, then they know exactly where your soft spots are and then they hit you harm and make you feel like your worth nothing. trust me, its happened to me before, they made me feel like like a was just some dumb kid who was believing in something that wasn't there, mainly because they made me feel like a idiot for believing in what i believe in, and this feeling lasted a few weeks. so, bullys are just words on a screen and if you just say: "go away, quit wasting my time and go back to the hole from which you came!" and if they don't leave you alone, report them or just change realms, and don't try to fight back and be tuff. then you are playing their game and they have a better chance of tearing you down, so either walk away, or report them then walk away.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
fearless robert sp... on Aug 22, 2014 wrote:
Thanks a lot bro! i would have left but i was in a pvp match, and i was LONG one lol, but don't worry i assure you that these bullies didn't in any was shake my confidence or any of that junk. i know that online bullies are just words on a screen and that they are the ones who are suffering, so they make people feel bad about themselves. but, this is advice for other people that I've learned in past bully situations, never tell them what your going through or problems that you are going through to prove to them that your tuff and that you can take on anything or whatever, then they know exactly where your soft spots are and then they hit you harm and make you feel like your worth nothing. trust me, its happened to me before, they made me feel like like a was just some dumb kid who was believing in something that wasn't there, mainly because they made me feel like a idiot for believing in what i believe in, and this feeling lasted a few weeks. so, bullys are just words on a screen and if you just say: "go away, quit wasting my time and go back to the hole from which you came!" and if they don't leave you alone, report them or just change realms, and don't try to fight back and be tuff. then you are playing their game and they have a better chance of tearing you down, so either walk away, or report them then walk away.
Very true Robert, it's surely best to not tell bullies any personal, sensitive and/or details about your private life. Those are wise words to use period- when it comes to anyone, in any form of virtual or online social media or gaming. It's hard enough these days to trust a great many people that you come in contact with face-to-face on a daily basis-- some you may consider friends and others, thought to be trustworthy acquaintances.

In online gaming most or all players that you interact with are strangers and are players of unknown intentions. So, sharing anything emotional or of private concerns that could expose your emotions, comes bearing the risk that others can do as they wish with their new found info....about you. There's a whole lot of immature human beings in the world, unfortunately, and if needed or desired, they surely will use what you have shared with them to their advantage -- at least they can attempt to. Never doubt your own beliefs-- they are yours and you have every right to hold true and steadfast to them. No matter what they believe, they can't take away your beliefs or your right to have those beliefs -- they can attempt to take away your right to express your beliefs, but the beliefs themselves are yours and thus untouchable.

It's easy to want to open up to fellow players online especially when you are having a blast and it seems harmless and that they can be trusted to respect you for sharing. Just be careful with what you share and try not to make too much 'free information' available to those you really, truly don't know, that is besides in a 'virtual existence'. Just play and have fun and try to surround yourself with friendships of friendly friends that like to chat about the game and 'more common topics' and keep the chatting from getting to revealing of your personal and private details. This is especially helpful if someone is of the sensitive type that may take others insults or blatant immaturity to heart.

And most importantly, just be yourself no matter what.....it's what makes you, well......you. And being you, is the best thing that you can strive to be!

Best of luck to you Robert!

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
sorry i meant to say hard, not harm lol. CURSE YOU AUTO CORRECT!

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Thanks a lot for all the great advice and stuff guys, it really helps :D. honestly i lied in the other post, bullys really shake my confience a lil bit. but i know now thanks to your great advice that bullys are only harmful if you let them be harmful, and that they are just vermin and that if they know whats good for them, they should go back to the hole from whitch they came! (as i said in the other post lol) thanks you all very much for the support!

Lieutenant
Nov 01, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 23, 2014 wrote:
Very true Robert, it's surely best to not tell bullies any personal, sensitive and/or details about your private life. Those are wise words to use period- when it comes to anyone, in any form of virtual or online social media or gaming. It's hard enough these days to trust a great many people that you come in contact with face-to-face on a daily basis-- some you may consider friends and others, thought to be trustworthy acquaintances.

In online gaming most or all players that you interact with are strangers and are players of unknown intentions. So, sharing anything emotional or of private concerns that could expose your emotions, comes bearing the risk that others can do as they wish with their new found info....about you. There's a whole lot of immature human beings in the world, unfortunately, and if needed or desired, they surely will use what you have shared with them to their advantage -- at least they can attempt to. Never doubt your own beliefs-- they are yours and you have every right to hold true and steadfast to them. No matter what they believe, they can't take away your beliefs or your right to have those beliefs -- they can attempt to take away your right to express your beliefs, but the beliefs themselves are yours and thus untouchable.

It's easy to want to open up to fellow players online especially when you are having a blast and it seems harmless and that they can be trusted to respect you for sharing. Just be careful with what you share and try not to make too much 'free information' available to those you really, truly don't know, that is besides in a 'virtual existence'. Just play and have fun and try to surround yourself with friendships of friendly friends that like to chat about the game and 'more common topics' and keep the chatting from getting to revealing of your personal and private details. This is especially helpful if someone is of the sensitive type that may take others insults or blatant immaturity to heart.

And most importantly, just be yourself no matter what.....it's what makes you, well......you. And being you, is the best thing that you can strive to be!

Best of luck to you Robert!
Valkoor is good at making inspirational speeches! Keep it up my friend, people do need support like the support you give! Also, it was nice to meet you in game Valkoor. I can't make an awesome speech like Valkoor, but I can say that bullies are lonely people that need a friend.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
I got tired of getting bullied too. When it comes to online bullying, don't take their words personally because they don't know you personally. They're just saying a bunch of stuff that they don't know anything about. Don't even bother trying to argue with them about anything because you won't win and it's most likely will never stop if none of you back down. The bully is most likely not going to back down because they want to argue with you. They want that attention. You're only just wasting your time and you're feeding the troll.

Real life is different, yes. Completely different. These people know who you are and where you either go to school, work, neighborhood, etc. Whatever the case, they know where you are if that's the environment they share with you. Don't even bother arguing then, it's too stressful. Treat them like they're your best friend. Be nice to them and give them compliments. This makes them confused and some even feel bad for bullying a nice person. What!? Bullies have feelings!? I know, I know, but they are people too. It's called "killing them with kindness".

Now if this bully is so horrible to you, you don't even want to be nice, just be polite if they ever confront you and other times just completely ignore them. No eye contact or even speaking about them. I have bullies like that and they just turned to someone I didn't like because they didn't bully be anymore. We completely ignore each other and they would go to someone else. However, people nowadays are seriously getting sick of being treated like that.

Life is too short to be unhappy. It took me years to figure that out. Sure it's healthy at times, but sometimes it can get too far. You don't have to deal with them at all. I know these tips are easier said than done, but the result is worth it in my opinion. Being unhappy all the time is not healthy and it doesn't feel good. Being happy does and it's a beautiful relief like a breath of fresh air.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
ChrisTheSwashy on Aug 23, 2014 wrote:
Valkoor is good at making inspirational speeches! Keep it up my friend, people do need support like the support you give! Also, it was nice to meet you in game Valkoor. I can't make an awesome speech like Valkoor, but I can say that bullies are lonely people that need a friend.
Hi there Chris, it was equally nice to meet you as well -- congrats on that nice new pet and let me know when it is adult and we can try for an even more amazing one! And what you stated about bullies sometimes just needing a friend was true in every word. Very well stated!

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
First of all, I can't belive this is happening. Is it bad enough already for wizards being rude,no ofense to wizard101 players.Now some players are ruining our friendly atmosphere for this,oh my gosh ! I apologize for my loud tone of voice, but it's a shocker that some pirates are as rude as thire wizard counterparts. I just came here to get away from cyber bullies,now i have to brace myself for those " you got reported messages " again but this time as a pirate.

Secondly, it's unfortunate that someone have to ruin it for everyone's enjoyment.Before this get out of hands, please stop there is no reason for this type of behavior by agitating other players. Just stop being rude to others,please. Same thing to wizards,just stop being rude to others,please. I hope this post helps and thanks for reading, pirates and wizards.