Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

what would you do if you fell over the edge?

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
this is basically a question of what you would do if you fell off the dock or something. i personally would sing that free falling song, forgot what its called but he keeps saying he is free falling. perfect for my situation. so what would you do?

Commodore
May 31, 2009
I'm terrified of falling and heights, so I'd scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and so on. Then I'd stop screaming, and look up. Hopefully my crew would be standing at the edge, peering over at me and not walking off to find some Yum.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
talked to pearl about this on central and wanted me to post what she thought on here (she's not a member) she said she would call some flying manta rays and go riding them off into the skyway, trolling everyone in her way. she said that not me

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Hope for a nice squishy spot to land on, maybe a friendly whale? But, yeah, I'ld scream a lot, too.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Would you land? Keep falling into the skyways between worlds?

I suppose one could do the whole Alice in Wonderland "Down the Rabbit Hole" soliloquy, but Alice always annoyed me for some reason.

I would expect my crew and pets to come to my rescue, of course. After all, mine are the pockets that hold the gold (or at least the keys to the chests the gold is in). And who else is going to go to the trouble of making sure the pets get snacks they at least like, if not love?

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
MistyDragon13 on Aug 7, 2014 wrote:
I'm terrified of falling and heights, so I'd scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and so on. Then I'd stop screaming, and look up. Hopefully my crew would be standing at the edge, peering over at me and not walking off to find some Yum.
Oddly enough falling doesn't bother me; I love that adrenaline rush. It's hitting that ground that worries me.

Anyways, either my griffon, flying turtle, or ki rin would save me because... well... they all can fly. Hmmm... maybe even my first mate could steer my ship and have the rest of my companions break my fall, it is a flying ship so why not?

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
Well, I would swim back to the docks. That is an option, right?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Kai Alcott on Aug 8, 2014 wrote:
Well, I would swim back to the docks. That is an option, right?
Since we don't really know why our ships float on what seems to be thin air, assuming we would fall because we lack the ability to float or fly is what is being presented here. If the aether hypothesis presented by Virtous Anne Radcliffe is correct, then we would indeed be able to float and maybe swim.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
I would attempt to fly- then, when that failed, I would call for help. You see, quiet a few of my crewmembers (looking at you, Ratbeard) like to stay on the ship to keep it 'safe.'

Ensign
Jul 13, 2013
I'd have my sky shark rescue me, or if this is irl, i'd just put on a wing suit before and fly down,

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
I believe we'd hit land onto the worlds of Wizard101. Think it through, many of the worlds are similar to Wizard101 worlds, so maybe that's below us the whole time. Well, for some of the worlds anyway. It doesn't work with Skull Island, Monquista, Valencia, and Cool Ranch. You fall off in Mooshu, you end up in the magical Mooshu, fall off in Marleybone, you end up in magical Marleybone, fall off in Aquila, end up in magical Aquila, fall of in Avernus, end up in Dragonspyre. Fall off in Skull Island, Monquista, Valencia, and Cool Ranch, pray and hope that your companions or pet save you.

Fearless DolanGrant lvl 65

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Plummet into the spiral abyss that's what happened to Morganthe in Wizard101.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Commodore
May 31, 2009
jack morgan933 on Aug 10, 2014 wrote:
Plummet into the spiral abyss that's what happened to Morganthe in Wizard101.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan
I heard about the ending, but I never actually got around to defeating Malistare. I was waiting for a friend to get to the same point in the storyline, but my membership expired right when we were both ready for the Crown of Fire.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
TheDragonspyrePira... on Aug 7, 2014 wrote:
talked to pearl about this on central and wanted me to post what she thought on here (she's not a member) she said she would call some flying manta rays and go riding them off into the skyway, trolling everyone in her way. she said that not me
I do like that idea of Pearl's, that a flying manta ray would come and rescue you (suddenly I am reminded of giant eagles in Lord of the Rings...) What about flying dolphins? I was just thinking of dolphins this morning and there is a lovely story from Classical Greece about a talented singer/musician (I think his name was Arion, if I remember correctly) who was on a ship attacked by pirates. The pirates, after stealing all his stuff, were cruelly going to throw him overboard, but he asked to play one last song first. After he did so, he jumped over the ship with his lyre -- and there were a pod of dolphins, who had been drawn towards the ship by his beautiful music. The kindly dolphins rescued the singer and brought him safely to land. Such a good story...

But as for falling over the edge... well, if the idea of aether (or a similar substance) holds true, then aether would likely eddy and flow through the skyway in different concentrations, just like ocean currents. Some places might have a typical abundance of aether which would allow for the entertainment of swimming through the sky in an aether eddy, perhaps what provides the major entertainment for the beach on the Isle of Fetch... during happier, more peaceful times. Intermediate levels of an aether current would make it chancy, but just like some ship wreckage floats, so could you... for a time. In other places, a low concentration of aether would mean that if you fell off the cliff of an island or off a ship, you would indeed plummet - a thrilling free fall but a worrying end, as Snow owl eloquently puts it. Then, as Fiorenza sensibly offers, you really, really hope your crew and/or pets rescue you before it is too late!