Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How many attempts for your hybrid?

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Indigo Ring on Aug 11, 2014 wrote:
I don't think I mentioned my Glitched Golden Dragon (hope they don't retroactively "fix" ours when they fix the glitch). I either hit it on the first or second attempt.

-Indigo
It is fixed now on test server, but don't despair there is a way to get a Golden Dragon legit on test now.
When that goes to live is not something they tell me in Bestia.

Also Hep and I have been hard at work, and well lets say that we have discovered some interesting and new species of pets. They are being tamed and trained as we speak.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Decius Duelmaster on Aug 15, 2014 wrote:
It is fixed now on test server, but don't despair there is a way to get a Golden Dragon legit on test now.
When that goes to live is not something they tell me in Bestia.

Also Hep and I have been hard at work, and well lets say that we have discovered some interesting and new species of pets. They are being tamed and trained as we speak.
Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As long as it's taken me to finally get the emusaur that everyone else seems to get on the first or second go I will never ever ever manage to get the Golden Dragon in the live realm again. The only one that worked for me the first go is getting a blue ostrich, and that's because you can hardly get anything but a blue ostrich if you're morphing ostriches with anything.

I don't think I love you anymore Decius. "Don't despair" my left eyebrow! When I lose that little dragon I'll despair as much as I want.

I'm going to train up one of my pets to come kick your pets' rears good and hard now. Probably that soon to be doomed Golden Dragon.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Decius: "It is fixed now on test server, but don't despair there is a way to get a Golden Dragon legit on test now."

That's a bit like telling us, as you tear our puppy out of our arms to take it to the pound, that we can have another puppy some day... maybe.

-Indigo

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I dunno... did I overdo the pathos?

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Indigo Ring on Aug 20, 2014 wrote:
Decius: "It is fixed now on test server, but don't despair there is a way to get a Golden Dragon legit on test now."

That's a bit like telling us, as you tear our puppy out of our arms to take it to the pound, that we can have another puppy some day... maybe.

-Indigo
Yea I am kinda with you on this one.
Remember Decius what happened to the guy on Game of Thrones that took the dragons away.....

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Indigo Ring on Jul 15, 2014 wrote:
I thought it might be useful if we compared notes on how many attempts it has taken us to produce the known hybrids so far - to give us an idea how many failed attempts we should accept when experimenting, before moving on!

I didn't count for the blue variation of the ostrich, but he seems common, as does the Skull Island Macaw. I hit them both the first or second time, which seems to be what a lot of other people are finding; I expect they are a much more common result than the other four hybrids.

I counted carefully with those four, and here is how many it took me:
Grimtooth Reaper: 9 attempts
Tiger Shark: 15 attempts
Frostbiter: 6 attempts
Emusaur: 5 attempts

Since it is a random chance, this information individually is not particularly valuable (esp. since the chance to produce the hybrid may not be consistent between them). But the more people who have kept a count and report in, the better the chance that we can begin to obtain a feel for it.

Good luck to all of your Mighty Morphing Pirate Wranglers out there!!

-Indigo
Hello Indigo, I just realized I hadn't put my hybrid morphing attempts here. I believe I did in another thread but I will add them here as well, especially with the new Glowfish addition to my pet collection. So here's my hybrid hatching results so far.

Grimtooth Reaper: 22 or 23 attempts
Tiger Shark: 1 attempt
Frostbiter: 5 attempts
Emusaur: 1 attempts

Glowfish: 16 attempts

Hope this helps and continued good luck to pet morphing enthusiasts Spiral-wide!

Now I just have to try and produce a better pedigreed Glowfish.....207, aye-yi-yi -- and more gold! Where's Pirate-ers Clearance Bunkhouse when you need them?

Lieutenant
Nov 01, 2012
It took me two tries to get the new glowfish. I am still working on the Frostbiter, I am on my 7th try I believe. Good luck my morphing morphers!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Thanks for the data, Valkoor.

Good luck, Chrissy.

-Indigo

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Indigo Ring on Aug 21, 2014 wrote:
Thanks for the data, Valkoor.

Good luck, Chrissy.

-Indigo
You're quite welcome Indigo, happy to pitch in!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I have been slow to work on the new wave of hybrids (mucho thanks to those who made the discoveries and shared here).

It took three attempts to make a paper dragon. I expect I was lucky on that one.

-Indigo