Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

real stuff found in skull island

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 19, 2013
who here has noticed that certain things in skull island ,or anywhere in the game, is a fact to history or from a movie? here are a few things in skull island:
1. fin dorsal- yes he is named after a fin on a shark, but i noticed something else. he reminded me of a certain movie in so many ways so i thought about it and im pretty sure he is based off of the movie riddick and based off of the actor who plays the main role who new?
2. the presidio- did u now that that is an actual place in california? its an old fort torn down and i think turn into a garden of some sort.
3. skull island vs. the troggies- this was prabably based off of americas fights with indians through the years
4. jonah town- this one of course is named after the story of jonah
5. puerto mico- obviously is named after a real place.
if u find anything else that is real in skull island post below.

Ensign
Jan 13, 2011
What about port regal's colonization by Marleybone? That's like the colonization of the eastern part of north America by the British. Oh yeah and Puerto Mico is like the colonization of the western part of America and South America by Spain

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
ya if you want to know more real stuff look at the thread titled "easter eggs"

Petty Officer
Apr 21, 2012
jesusfollower363 on Jul 3, 2014 wrote:
who here has noticed that certain things in skull island ,or anywhere in the game, is a fact to history or from a movie? here are a few things in skull island:
1. fin dorsal- yes he is named after a fin on a shark, but i noticed something else. he reminded me of a certain movie in so many ways so i thought about it and im pretty sure he is based off of the movie riddick and based off of the actor who plays the main role who new?
2. the presidio- did u now that that is an actual place in california? its an old fort torn down and i think turn into a garden of some sort.
3. skull island vs. the troggies- this was prabably based off of americas fights with indians through the years
4. jonah town- this one of course is named after the story of jonah
5. puerto mico- obviously is named after a real place.
if u find anything else that is real in skull island post below.
While I can't be sure, I suspect Morgan Lafitte is (somewhat) based off famous French pirate Jean Lafitte, aside from the name, Morgan also has the French accent.

The Frogfather, clearly a parody of the mafia Godfather.

Bonnie Anne, based off Irish pirate Anne Bonny.

Captain Ahab, a pirate in the classic novel, Moby Dick, who hunted the great white whale. Where is he? Jonah Town.