Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Epic, Mega, then Super?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 07, 2012
I've been playing pirate101 for quite a while now and I'm noticing I'm getting a lot more epics now a days. And they aren't doing as much damage... I took a break from the game and now there are all new stuff like energy and now I have to wait HOURS for my companions to be healed. So is one of the new, or somewhat new features is that they switched the order of Super, Mega, and Epic? If thats the case, I liked it the other way around.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
Captain Bigjoe on Jun 25, 2014 wrote:
I've been playing pirate101 for quite a while now and I'm noticing I'm getting a lot more epics now a days. And they aren't doing as much damage... I took a break from the game and now there are all new stuff like energy and now I have to wait HOURS for my companions to be healed. So is one of the new, or somewhat new features is that they switched the order of Super, Mega, and Epic? If thats the case, I liked it the other way around.
Hey Captain!

Yes, they have changed quite a bit in the May update. You can look at all the new updates here.

As for what you've noticed so far, yes, they have switched the name of the Critical animations. I was just as confused as you are, but you get used to it after a while .

As for the energy, that is for the new advanced pet system that they worked so hard on. Every pet you had before the May update will be at your level, if it is above level 30. If it is not, it will start at level 30 to give you a small head start at the new system. You can train your pets via pressing the i button. You can also go to Mickey Dugan in Avery's Court to get the quest to learn a bit more about pets.

As for the wounded companions, that is a feature I wasn't quite fond of either, but I realize it makes you think and strategize a bit more as to how you battle so that you find a right strategy that will keep your companions safe. You can remove the wounds off of companions buy paying a large sum of gold to Miracle Mitch back in Avery's Court. She is near the Swashbuckler's training place.

Ensign
Aug 17, 2009
I know what you mean. It's a little odd having the order changed, and I have yet to grow accustomed to it. However, even though I too liked it the other way around, we may have to wait and see who else liked it the other way around, too, before our friends at Kingsisle even think about reverting it to before.

Petty Officer
Aug 27, 2010
I agree with you, and have to expand on the subject that I dislike the entire new batch of updates in general, including the changes to the storyline.
EPIC, being epic, should technically be on top.

Bosun
May 06, 2009
I was just as puzzled as the rest of you were, but as it turns out, the change in power order of Super>Mega>Epic to Epic>Mega>Super was done to keep Pirate101 in a closer correlation with Wizard101 level system which uses a Epic>Mega>Super order as seen in their Pet ages. The Devs over at Pirate101 figured it would help keep the games coherent with each other. Ratbeard made still statement somewhere around here. 'Cant remember where...

But I hope that clears up any confusion on the change.

Bosun
May 06, 2009
MarleybonePatriot on Jun 29, 2014 wrote:
I agree with you, and have to expand on the subject that I dislike the entire new batch of updates in general, including the changes to the storyline.
EPIC, being epic, should technically be on top.
I thought the changes were pretty neat. I like the new Companion Orders, which keep Companions you don't want out of battles and can give you a reward. The new Companions are pretty kickin'. Fan Flanders has been a welcome addition to my Swashbuckler's crew. I've yet to have any problems with the Wounded Companion feature, but pulling back on gold cost and time in Bed Rest would be appreciated.

The Advanced Pets are much more efficient than Wizards. I've had no trouble gaining Pet Snacks or getting pets to higher levels. Pet PvP and Pet Morphing add new activities for Pirates to do if there ever bored or looking for a hobby.
Avery's Court is so much more appealing now that its enlarged. The additions of abeyance around the smaller makes the game more real.

The change in buff duration makes the lower and higher powers more beneficial to use. You can either get longer duration for smaller buffs, or bigger buffs for smaller duration, but there's a more substantial pro and con in both the lower and higher power. Also, the change forces Pirates to strategize more rather than just throw up a power. I like the new summon animations and the new visual effects I've found pleasing, but could be toned down a little.

What's wrong with the changes to the story line? Higher level players can still go back and do them and they've expanded the lore around those areas. I absolutely love the new areas and the redesign of the Red Claw gang and all the new characters. Places like Xol Akmul and Devilfish Hollow give way for more areas Blind Mew can use for future quests and promos. What's not to like? But these are just my opinions.

As for the change in Super>Mega>Epic to Epic>Mega>Super, again this was done to help Pirate101 and Wizard101 have similar power systems. In Wizard101, you'll notice that the leveling of pets goes Epic>Mega>*Super (can be assumed). In Pirate101, pets also follow that trend. The devs figured that the change in Pirate101's critical levels would help keep it in line with what was already here. I hope that helps.