Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Group Plunder

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 02, 2009
As someone that does my main character solo 100% of the time, I would very much like the group plunder chests to only appear to those in a group. Not sure what you are attempting to do with this 2 lock 4 lock chests but I vote NAY! from the solo players! Was easier when you find a chest and everyone in party gets equal split. I have played both Wizard 101 and Pirate 101 for years and love both games. The only time I cancelled my membership was when I hit the level caps with all of my characters. I am now absolutely hating this new locks system and seriously rethinking continuation of membership. I hope that this is just a beta trial and it will be fixed soon for the solo players to continue enjoying the game.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
Stormy Jewel on Jun 20, 2014 wrote:
As someone that does my main character solo 100% of the time, I would very much like the group plunder chests to only appear to those in a group. Not sure what you are attempting to do with this 2 lock 4 lock chests but I vote NAY! from the solo players! Was easier when you find a chest and everyone in party gets equal split. I have played both Wizard 101 and Pirate 101 for years and love both games. The only time I cancelled my membership was when I hit the level caps with all of my characters. I am now absolutely hating this new locks system and seriously rethinking continuation of membership. I hope that this is just a beta trial and it will be fixed soon for the solo players to continue enjoying the game.
Hey Stormy Jewel!

As for the Group Plunder chests, they will only appear if you are with a group in a battle. If you are talking about the group plunder chests found outside of battle, you don't have to open them. The regular chests only drop gold, the Plunder Chests drop Doubloons. If you solo each battle, then the group plunder chests will never appear. So this new update shouldn't have really affected you at all in terms of rewards received in battle if you solo.

But your money is yours to use, and I don't think they will be removing Group Plunder chests. Everyone seems to like them, I know I do

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Hi Jewel, welcome to the message boards.
If you are in a fight a group chest will not show up unless there is more than one pirate. If there are more than two pirates in the fight and a two lock chest shows up, all the pirates that were in the fight will get the rewards from the chest, no matter who opens it.
This is different than the chests that are just hidden around the spiral. They are there for pirates to find just wandering by and not fight associated. If you ever find a group chest in an instance that is for only solo fights, please let the bug hunters know in the Bilge Pump section and they will fix it so that only normal chests will show up in that spot.

I am still hoping that Ratbeard will dream up something like my lock picking skill to help those of us that are on at odd hours or pirates like you that solo a lot. I am doing a lot of head patting and tummy rubbing as I wait.

Lieutenant
Jun 10, 2013
I solo most of the time too and it IS disappointing to stumble across a group chest and not be able to open it but I've found that now that more players are understanding what they are, it's easier to get them to help open them.

If I'm in a well populated area I'm usually able to get other players just by asking for help. Otherwise I start going down my friends list of who's online. Here lately I've only had to leave a couple of chests behind because I couldn't get help.

There's really no drawback to have them laying around the game. You don't *lose* anything by not opening them.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Hello, Stormy Jewel,
I often play solo, but I also like questing and farming in groups. About the GPCs, you can always ignore them, if you don't want them. BUT the rest of us do want these group chests, it's like a grand treasure hunt, and the treasure is great! The only problems I've had getting chests is many times my friends aren't on line when I am.
So I hope KI keeps the GPCs!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
A couple of times now, I've been soloing dungeons that normally have a wooden chest, only to find that the chest is Group Plunder. One example is Josey Quails' cave in Gold Creek, and the other is Frankie Pinch's cave in Skull Island. You can't exactly wait for someone else to come along when you're in a dungeon, and if you have no friends online, it feels like you lost out twice, since you didn't get the regular gold from the wooden chest you expected to find.

If it's a two-lock I can log in my second account and port one of those pirates, but if it's a four-lock, forget it. I'd even buy a Group Plunder key from the Crown Shop if I could use it on those while soloing.

Petty Officer
Oct 11, 2012
hehe yes, if you solo questing the you will finish much quicker but you wont get as much gold, it just depends on what your main goal is

Fearless john west level 65
fearless john level 65
fearless john level 65
fearless john level 65
fearless john level 65
fearless john morris level 32