Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Where did this turtle come from?

AuthorMessage
Admiral
May 30, 2010
One of my low-level pirates on a secondary account seems to have acquired a permanent turtle mount. It isn't the very fast one from the crown shop; it moves at normal speed. It also is colored differently. It's cute and all, and I'm glad to have him, but where on earth did he come from? He's not a crown purchase. Wesley isn't high enough level to farm anybody for him, unless one of those bosses from Traitor's cove dropped him. Has anyone else collected a normal speed permanent turtle mount? Where did you get him?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Jun 18, 2014 wrote:
One of my low-level pirates on a secondary account seems to have acquired a permanent turtle mount. It isn't the very fast one from the crown shop; it moves at normal speed. It also is colored differently. It's cute and all, and I'm glad to have him, but where on earth did he come from? He's not a crown purchase. Wesley isn't high enough level to farm anybody for him, unless one of those bosses from Traitor's cove dropped him. Has anyone else collected a normal speed permanent turtle mount? Where did you get him?
It is a drop from a loot chest. I got mine from a fight with Friar Sand and I have heard that others drop it too. You got it as a prize and just didn't notice it when it happened. What a delightful surprise, it is really rare and you have a nice showpiece for when you are not in a hurry.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Must be the traitor's cave area, then. Thanks so much for the answer, Chrissy. Inky Ian is a whopping level eleven pirate, so if someone wants that turtle, looks like they can try farming around the Skull Island skyway as well.

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 19, 2014 wrote:
It is a drop from a loot chest. I got mine from a fight with Friar Sand and I have heard that others drop it too. You got it as a prize and just didn't notice it when it happened. What a delightful surprise, it is really rare and you have a nice showpiece for when you are not in a hurry.
Yeah Friar Sand drops a lot of turtle stuff cause i got a pet turtle from him (one of the angry ones you fight in the skyways of Mooshu).

Petty Officer
Oct 11, 2012
yes friar sand is one of the main farming bosses, he gives awesome gear, housing items and pets. I have also gotten a turtle from him.