Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Speculations on the Armada

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Feb 27, 2009
zuto4011a on Jun 15, 2014 wrote:
I believe the armada are our saviors! and I shall fight you all in the name of the armada!
(this means brawl hall)
You got guts son, saying that even though they imprisoned you and were going to have you executed and even a 20% chance that they killed your parents.

Quentin Davenport, lvl 65

Marcus Davenport, lvl 22

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Another thought has occurred to me concerning the nature of the Armada. It seems that there's a slight connection between Kane's Court and The Commedia del Arte. Which shouldn't be surprising considering the cultural connection between Valencia and Renaissance Italy shown in this game.
The Commedia del Arte was a theater performance using mainly pantomime with stock characters and simple plots.
Phule fits the best in this scheme, as the character Arlechinno ( Harlequin ) the mischief-maker
Rooke could be Capitano the bragging soldier.
Deacon, Braghela or Scaramouche the roguish servant.
Bishop would be a stretch as Pantaleone, the miser. And I don't truly see him as such. This is where my speculation falls down.
Dame/Milady/Queen as Columbina? As the only female, I have to assign her this role. The shrewish woman.
That leaves Kane and he defies any attempt to categorize him!
Would anyone care to comment? Am I crazy to assign any significance to this?

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
TheHoodooQueen on Nov 23, 2014 wrote:
Ok so lets say we face Kane and Queen/Lady Elite/ Dame in a battle just the two of them versus you and two other companions of yours. Lets say you defeat them both. Kane is completely destroyed, mangled, and beyond help, but Queen seems to be perfectly fine without a scratch, now I am going to go two ways on this the evil way, and the good way.

Lets go with the evil way first. So Queen has obviously had enough of you, and says, "If I can't destroy you in this form, young pirate, then maybe my other one will!" and then it goes into cutscene, and Queen's parts start moving, dismantling, and getting bigger, and Queen turns into the mech version of herself and she looks like she could destroy an entire Aquillan and Marlebonian fleet with just the flick of her wrist. And she then says, "Think you can take me now pirate, yes? Well then your in for a treat." And then you battle her and win.

Now lets go the good way. Queen is on the ground though, and says, "Come to me." and then let's say Bonnie Anne or Ratbeard says, "No! It must be a trap don't Captain." But you do anyways. So you go towards Queen and she starts talking. She explains that she was never with Kanes plan, that she wanted there to be peace and tranquility, and that after you, the pirate, defeated Kane she would take over and be the good ruler Valencia needed. And she might give you a quest or something to somehow reprogram all the Armada soldiers remotely throughout the Spiral and all is well. And then on to the next Ark. Yay!

Catherine Reade
Isabella Reade
For the Evil Version, first of all make her about the size of a ship, and have her chase you from Valencia to Mooshu, where you get in the Stupendor X (or whatever it was called) and Battle her.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
anecorbie on Jan 26, 2015 wrote:
Another thought has occurred to me concerning the nature of the Armada. It seems that there's a slight connection between Kane's Court and The Commedia del Arte. Which shouldn't be surprising considering the cultural connection between Valencia and Renaissance Italy shown in this game.
The Commedia del Arte was a theater performance using mainly pantomime with stock characters and simple plots.
Phule fits the best in this scheme, as the character Arlechinno ( Harlequin ) the mischief-maker
Bishop would be a stretch as Pantaleone, the miser. And I don't truly see him as such. This is where my speculation falls down.
Dame/Milady/Queen as Columbina? As the only female, I have to assign her this role. The shrewish woman.
You might be crazy to be thinking this far into it Anecorbie, But still good job, and don't we all need just a bit of crazy?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CdeWinter on Feb 17, 2015 wrote:
You might be crazy to be thinking this far into it Anecorbie, But still good job, and don't we all need just a bit of crazy?
Ah, wait! I completely forgot! Bishop fits a Commedia del Arte character called - Dottore! The quack doctor!!!
Muahaha x as I go completely bonkers in my obsession with the Armada x !

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
anecorbie on Feb 18, 2015 wrote:
Ah, wait! I completely forgot! Bishop fits a Commedia del Arte character called - Dottore! The quack doctor!!!
Muahaha x as I go completely bonkers in my obsession with the Armada x !
And a certain blind cat once told me that Comedia del Arte plague doctor masks are what inspired big nose's...big nose.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
In the up-coming update ( soon, please ) We may learn more about Kane's motivations. I see him as starting as heroic, in fact the concept art in Bishop's Rogue's Gallery shows a conventional, handsome heroic leader type, he wears a military great coat ( something I've seen Napoleon wear in many portraits ); his chest is festooned with medals, and I'm sure they were earned.
So what turned him against the living beings who created and praised him? Was it disgust with their emotions, does he prize logic and clear thinking above attachments?
Or is it perhaps a longing to be truly alive, and since this isn't possible, making him turn against Valencia?

Ensign
Dec 16, 2012
anecorbie on Jun 19, 2014 wrote:
Imagine this scenario, The Hoodoo Master. We are in Valencia, pursuing information talking to an NPC; when they say "Look, the Supreme Commander has come to make a speech.." In the distance on a balcony we see the figure of Kane! He begins to speak. He praises the Valencians for their steadfast loyalty and reminds them how the Armada is solely responsible for their peace and prosperity, then he goes on to warn them of a upstart ragtag rabble from a so-called Republic of Pirates, and the danger they represent to Valencia. He ends his speech and leaves. We would finally be able to see and hear Kane, without engaging in battle! What do you think?
sounds like something straight out of Assassins Creed or something

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2010
anecorbie on Jan 26, 2015 wrote:
"Am I crazy to assign any significance to this?" You are talking to the person, who tried to turn all of p101 history, into a chess game. No you are not crazy.

Lieutenant
Jan 30, 2013
O my goodness what if..would surely hope not...

what is Kane is a pawn A PAWN ( the most weak player in chess) and the greek gods or another powerful force is behind it all just typing up what Kane and the armada should do? ( not talking about admin ok?) what if Kane's a beginning pawn compared to this guy/girl? ehhhhhhhh I dislike my imaginative brain SO MUCH especially when i am bored... ( right now) well if some admin could say i am wrong that would be great cause i really hope i did not just doom us all.............

Brave Alexandra Armstrong

Ensign
May 31, 2014
anecorbie on Jun 12, 2014 wrote:
Ahoy, fellow pirates! I have been reading a lot of posts regarding the nature of the Armada. Whether they are as evil as portrayed, if there is a sentient being actually in control or even if Kane or other clockworks are humans in disguise.
I would like to throw my speculations into the ring. Starting with classes - we know of three of the elite's classes; Deacon was a Musketeer ( now defunct, hurray! ) Bishop is a Witchdoctor, though his 'magic' seems to be technology based, & Rooke is a Buccaneer. That leaves the Lady Elite, Phule and Kane.

I'm guessing that Phule may be a Privateer. I say this for two reasons: he seems to have an imagination, something lacking in the other Elites we've seen. And his 'dual' personality which would allow him to understand his enemy's mental processes. I believe both these aspects are critical for a privateer.

The Lady Elite, I see as a Swashbuckler. She would be deadly, agile and dodgy, have sneak attacks and poisons ( very much like the Countess DeWinter in Dumas' The Three Musketeers ).

Now for Kane - I believe he will be an Uber Class, combining all tricks and cheats from every class. Very suitable for one of whom we are told "Smarter, faster and stronger than any living being."

My Final speculation I state unequvilately: The Armada is Evil, Kane is in full control, The Elite have gained self awareness and intelligence, & there are no humans in disguise.

Feel free to disagree and state your own speculations, I'm eager to hear your views.
If Kane is a human in disguise (which, for the record i think he might be) i think we know who it is. I say:
Avery is KaneOr maybe i'm just paranoid and don't like Avery lol, either way ... i'm watching him.
-Wolf

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
King Wolf on Apr 29, 2015 wrote:
If Kane is a human in disguise (which, for the record i think he might be) i think we know who it is. I say:
Avery is KaneOr maybe i'm just paranoid and don't like Avery lol, either way ... i'm watching him.
-Wolf
That's not possible, if you look at the time line of the rise of the Armada and how Avery gained his riches. Seriously, does he impress you as a military genius? He hires Finn for goodness sakes!

Lieutenant
Jan 30, 2013
zuto4011a on Jun 15, 2014 wrote:
I believe the armada are our saviors! and I shall fight you all in the name of the armada!
(this means brawl hall)
How are they our saviors when they have OBVIOUSLY tried to end our lives MULTIPLE times!

everyone is intitled to their own opinion and mine is that the armada and al the clockworks must be destroyed before the spiral has any peace. I believe you might be a new player ? if you are it makes sense because,as a non member we fight no armada or clockworks. as a member we fight them multiple times repeatedly.
I do ope you change your opinion as the fate of the spiral depends on it.
Hope to see you in the spiral.

YARRR

!EDIT! we fight them at the begining actually...!editover!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Stalwart Queen on Apr 30, 2015 wrote:
How are they our saviors when they have OBVIOUSLY tried to end our lives MULTIPLE times!

everyone is intitled to their own opinion and mine is that the armada and al the clockworks must be destroyed before the spiral has any peace. I believe you might be a new player ? if you are it makes sense because,as a non member we fight no armada or clockworks. as a member we fight them multiple times repeatedly.

YARRR

Welcome to the Message Boards, Brave Alexandra Armstrong, and thank you for joining in this thread. It has been a looong time since zuto was mistaken for a 'noob'!
His reasons for believing that the Armadas are our saviors can be found in his post called: THEORY Armada saviors.( sorry, I'm not technologically advanced to provide a link.)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Well, since the April and May newsletter, we've been getting more information on the elites. Rooke is confirmed as being constructed by Kane! It is not yet sure that Bishop or the other elites were created by Kane, but I'm willing to bet that they were.
So, here is my speculation on Kane and the rise of the Armada: the clockwork soldiers came first, then Kane was created ( by 'G' ) to command the clockwork forces. Then something goes wrong and 'G' refuses to create more Elites and goes into hiding. Kane commands the Armada to victory over Napoleguin and first constructs Bishop who helps in the development of the Dragoon prototype which leads to Rooke. Rooke then completes the conquest of disputed worlds
Then he begins to consolidate power by constructing Bishop and the other Elites.

Ensign
Jan 15, 2013
Wow, Anecorbie! Your really getting me intrigued by the armada! I'm just racking my brains trying to think of an interesting explanation for the Armada motives, how we will fight them, etc.
What I really like about this post though,(as I'm sure many do), is Dame. And it's got me thinking.
Who is Dame?
Is she more powerful than Kane?
If so, why is she allies with him?

I know that this is probably unlikely, but what if after the Morganthe ark from Wizard101 ended, Morganthe's soul,(even if some of you think she doesn't have one ), drifted to the Pirate world?
What if she made a deal with Kane, that if he made her a form to inhabit,(Queen/Dame/Milady/Millions of other names, she would help him rid the spiral of pirates?

Just a couple thoughts of mine,
ChrissyFlower

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
anecorbie on May 7, 2015 wrote:
Well, since the April and May newsletter, we've been getting more information on the elites. Rooke is confirmed as being constructed by Kane! It is not yet sure that Bishop or the other elites were created by Kane, but I'm willing to bet that they were.
So, here is my speculation on Kane and the rise of the Armada: the clockwork soldiers came first, then Kane was created ( by 'G' ) to command the clockwork forces. Then something goes wrong and 'G' refuses to create more Elites and goes into hiding. Kane commands the Armada to victory over Napoleguin and first constructs Bishop who helps in the development of the Dragoon prototype which leads to Rooke. Rooke then completes the conquest of disputed worlds
Then he begins to consolidate power by constructing Bishop and the other Elites.
Wait, but isn't said at the beginning of the game that Kane was the first clockwork?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ChrissyFlower on May 9, 2015 wrote:
Wow, Anecorbie! Your really getting me intrigued by the armada! I'm just racking my brains trying to think of an interesting explanation for the Armada motives, how we will fight them, etc.
What I really like about this post though,(as I'm sure many do), is Dame. And it's got me thinking.
Who is Dame?
Is she more powerful than Kane?
If so, why is she allies with him?

I know that this is probably unlikely, but what if after the Morganthe ark from Wizard101 ended, Morganthe's soul,(even if some of you think she doesn't have one ), drifted to the Pirate world?
What if she made a deal with Kane, that if he made her a form to inhabit,(Queen/Dame/Milady/Millions of other names, she would help him rid the spiral of pirates?

Just a couple thoughts of mine,
ChrissyFlower
Thank you for your post, ChrissyFlower, that is certainly an intriguing thought about Dame/Milady. Keep thinking and creating!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Voodoo Cornelius on May 9, 2015 wrote:
Wait, but isn't said at the beginning of the game that Kane was the first clockwork?
Yes, but does it mean he was created first or could it mean that as an Elite and Leader of the Armada he is 'first'?

Ensign
Jul 16, 2013
Hello there, I Just have to say this, but when I was battling in beach head I got to see behind a clockwork mask and I saw something brown. It looked feathery but it was hard to tell it also looked like the skin of a human. I just had to say that hope you found it interesting.

Dark Man

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
dark man 197 on May 10, 2015 wrote:
Hello there, I Just have to say this, but when I was battling in beach head I got to see behind a clockwork mask and I saw something brown. It looked feathery but it was hard to tell it also looked like the skin of a human. I just had to say that hope you found it interesting.

Dark Man
That is interesting! Hmm, brown and feathery? Birds? or something else? The mind boggles.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I've been thinking about the Grand Design and just what it could be. Now some people might think that it's the eventual conquest of the Spiral, but what if that's merely a means to an even greater end?
"Powers sleep in El Dorado that must not be awakened." Note the use of the plural 'Powers'. There is something ( or things ) in El Dorado that Kane wants. Not just gold, even though its useful, but Power.
What if the conquest of the Spiral is merely one step in Kane's Grand Design?

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
anecorbie on May 12, 2015 wrote:
I've been thinking about the Grand Design and just what it could be. Now some people might think that it's the eventual conquest of the Spiral, but what if that's merely a means to an even greater end?
"Powers sleep in El Dorado that must not be awakened." Note the use of the plural 'Powers'. There is something ( or things ) in El Dorado that Kane wants. Not just gold, even though its useful, but Power.
That gives me an idea
---
The grave.
Owen felt a pang in his heart and a torrent of memories that shouldn't have been in his brain suddenly resurfaced. For what seemed like the first time since Owen's adventure had started, all the way back from the Erebus, he could finally stop moving for a moment and rest. He slumped onto the his knees and thought of all the hardships he had faced. He had discovered Gunn's treasure. He had defeated the General, Spymaster, Mad Scientists, AND Court Jester of the Armada. He had recovered the map to the legendary city of El Dorado, and he'd now found his parents' grave.
"Dedicated to the legendary explorers of the Santa Oro. May the ones we lost along the way find peace in the city of Golden Dreams."
Owen groaned softly and hugged the tombstone, tearing up.
Where do I go from here?
Owen felt multiple hands [and claws, and talons, and paws and the like] on his shoulder. He looked up at his best friends. Argos the Tall and Catbeard, both close friends of his parents during their time on Marco Pollo's team. Bonnie Anne and Egg Shen, who had been with him since the beginning. Ratbeard, a vile rat who had been given another chance to redeem himself, and Commander Emmett, the otter. Lucky Jack, who had served under his parents for years. Old Scratch the dead witchdoctor, and Hawkules the mighty hero. Monkey King, the good-hearted trickster. Owen realized quickly that he was lucky to have all of these amazing friends behind him and how much he had taken their help for granted during this quest. For the first time, Owen let his guard down and he couldn't stop the tears. He held onto Lucky Jack who was a bit taken aback. The others reacted a bit similarly, but quickly got over it. Even the best of captains need to let things out sometimes. The fearless pirates who had defeated so many vile creatures joined in on the hug to comfort their broken captain.
---
[I DON'T TAKE ANY CREDIT WHATSOEVER FOR THE CHARACTERS I JUST WANTED TO SHARE THAT]

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
anecorbie on May 12, 2015 wrote:
[Sorry if that last post was irrelevant but what I was thinking was that would follow into a confrontational meeting with Kane's personal Honor Guard, escorting the big man (or big clockwork) in himself. The Grand Design may be a bit more explored but it could also be just him coming to capture the pirate? I don't think it will be the last confrontation with Kane but we might get a little peek at what is to come during the final battle. Plus, his Queen is still left. But, anyways, during all those shenanigans, the spirits of the Captain's parents' spirits might appear and ward off the clockworks for the time being. This could maybe lead into an epic quest where you have to speak to your parents' spirits with Catbeard, The Presidio Companion, Bonnie Anne, El Toro, your Starter, Hawkules, and maybe Argos if you are a privateer. It would be a very tense and maybe even sad moment since you have been waiting for this since the crystal caves in the Valley of the Golden Monkey. Anyways, that's just a prediction that I think would be pretty epic and I would LOVE to hear your opinions and even more speculation on this thread!]

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 64 Mourning Son

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
The Stalwart Queen on Apr 30, 2015 wrote:

YARRR

not even close to new, been playing ki games for over 5 years