Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Speculations on the Armada

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
As stated on Speculations on the Spiral, my theory is about the female elite, nicknamed by most people as Queen.
My speculation is this:

Queen is the toymaker's special secret weapon. After the Armada came to power and began taking over, the toymaker became their sort of... puppet. So you hear Bishop say, "you were right; the clockwork birds were indeed made by the toymaker." He didn't say it with anger, or surprise, and while that may simply be because they're the armada, he didn't seem to say it like it was big information. Not to mention Kane had already guessed it was him. So he's not really a refugee or anything, plus the fact that he knows many, many languages (Aquilan Linear B, which it would appear nobody knows), so he's travelled. A lot. Perhaps it was to teach his newest weapon, disguised as an Armada Elite?

Enter Queen. Kane's supposed wife and second-in-command, she's most likely one of the more recent clockworks. So my theory is that Kane solely built her so that she could spy on the armada for him, as well as act an envoy for him. What if the mysterious G is an Armada soldier built by Queen in order to act as her sort of traveling informant. Maybe she even has her own Armada creations?

Ensign
Oct 08, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 17, 2014 wrote:
I wonder if Kane or any of the Armada have a secret off button like Data did?
Like, the button on the Chimera game on Steam? Like a piggy presses the button and the Chimera goes boom.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
darkdoombro345 on Jul 24, 2014 wrote:
As stated on Speculations on the Spiral, my theory is about the female elite, nicknamed by most people as Queen.
My speculation is this:

Queen is the toymaker's special secret weapon. After the Armada came to power and began taking over, the toymaker became their sort of... puppet. So you hear Bishop say, "you were right; the clockwork birds were indeed made by the toymaker." He didn't say it with anger, or surprise, and while that may simply be because they're the armada, he didn't seem to say it like it was big information. Not to mention Kane had already guessed it was him. So he's not really a refugee or anything, plus the fact that he knows many, many languages (Aquilan Linear B, which it would appear nobody knows), so he's travelled. A lot. Perhaps it was to teach his newest weapon, disguised as an Armada Elite?

Enter Queen. Kane's supposed wife and second-in-command, she's most likely one of the more recent clockworks. So my theory is that Kane solely built her so that she could spy on the armada for him, as well as act an envoy for him. What if the mysterious G is an Armada soldier built by Queen in order to act as her sort of traveling informant. Maybe she even has her own Armada creations?
I was hoping you would join in, when I saw your post in "Speculations on the Spiral". Your hypothesis is very interesting to me. I believe 'G' to be the name of the Toymaker ( CDeWinter believes him to be Galileo, and I agree with her ). At first I thought the Toymaker was a prisoner of the Armada, but if that was so, why didn't they prevent him from sending out the clockwork birds? So now, I think he's in hiding somewhere in Valencia and we must find Cagliostro to find 'G'. I agree that he's intelligent and well-traveled ( or at least well-read ).

As to Dame, I have covered most of what I suspect about her in the posts above. I firmly believe that the Elites were made by Kane and that she's subordinate to him ( Supreme Leader is his title, after all ). She's not his wife what would an automaton need a wife for?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
The Hoodoo Master on Jul 24, 2014 wrote:
Come seek us where our voices sound,
we cannot sing above the ground,
a bunch of hours you will have to look,
to recover what we gave you in exchange for what we took.

Trust me,you'll see.Ophidia,means snake:The Ophidians,are Aquilan snakes,and the oracles.Well,that would be telling...(man,I love Blind Mew,.)
Ohh nice reference :D

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
anecorbie on Jul 25, 2014 wrote:
I was hoping you would join in, when I saw your post in "Speculations on the Spiral". Your hypothesis is very interesting to me. I believe 'G' to be the name of the Toymaker ( CDeWinter believes him to be Galileo, and I agree with her ). At first I thought the Toymaker was a prisoner of the Armada, but if that was so, why didn't they prevent him from sending out the clockwork birds? So now, I think he's in hiding somewhere in Valencia and we must find Cagliostro to find 'G'. I agree that he's intelligent and well-traveled ( or at least well-read ).

As to Dame, I have covered most of what I suspect about her in the posts above. I firmly believe that the Elites were made by Kane and that she's subordinate to him ( Supreme Leader is his title, after all ). She's not his wife what would an automaton need a wife for?
Well, yeah, he doesn't need a wife, but come on. She's a powerful woman-like figure within the elite court who has a throne to the right of Kane's own. While not necessarily his wife, she's most certainly the second in command, perhaps, even, behind the inner workings of the mysterious elite court, the top. Titles mean nothing.
Perhaps 'G' is Galileo, but that might just mean the armada has put his work to use (battle Angel's wings). But I don't think he's the toymaker... no, no, I feel like the toymaker is somebody very different... not that I have any ideas or theories who *hides papers behind back*.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
darkdoombro345 on Jul 25, 2014 wrote:
Well, yeah, he doesn't need a wife, but come on. She's a powerful woman-like figure within the elite court who has a throne to the right of Kane's own. While not necessarily his wife, she's most certainly the second in command, perhaps, even, behind the inner workings of the mysterious elite court, the top. Titles mean nothing.
Perhaps 'G' is Galileo, but that might just mean the armada has put his work to use (battle Angel's wings). But I don't think he's the toymaker... no, no, I feel like the toymaker is somebody very different... not that I have any ideas or theories who *hides papers behind back*.
I think the reason why we see her sitting down is so we don't see how tall and powerful she really may be. Her proportions ( as I see it ) seem to be, if she were standing; nearly as tall as Rooke. It also conveys ( to my mind ) that she is meek or delicate - the opposite of what she truly is. She very well may be vieing for the second in command position and with the defeat ( destruction? ) of Rooke she may have already achieved it.
Then again, there's Phule don't discount him as I feel he's a privateer, he could also be second in command.
And then there's the 'mad scientist' Bishop, kinda being ignored, isn't he?
I feel it would be over complicated to have two people connected to the message in the clockwork birds. Galileo and the Toymaker should be the same person.
I enjoy hearing your view points darkdoombro345, it's obvious that you've put a lot of thought into your speculations. Thank you for contributing to this post.

Ensign
Nov 01, 2012
anecorbie on Jun 17, 2014 wrote:
Ok, this may be off topic, but I began thinking of El Dorado, and everything we've been told about it. "A lost city of solid gold"! Has anyone imagined how massive this city would be? How heavy and what allows it to remain 'afloat' in it's skyway? What if, it's not a city? What if the entire island is a war ship? With the ability to use it's stormgate to go anywhere in the spiral? Wouldn't that make it extremely dangerous and explain why the Armada wants to get it in their possession? Just a stray thought of mine.
... i think i would need a steel bottle to get that thing.

on another note if the armada gets it.

(begins to run and scream like spongebob)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Quick Jason Carter on Jul 29, 2014 wrote:
... i think i would need a steel bottle to get that thing.

on another note if the armada gets it.

(begins to run and scream like spongebob)
A steel bottle, that's very good! We will stop the Armada!

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
anecorbie on Jul 26, 2014 wrote:
I think the reason why we see her sitting down is so we don't see how tall and powerful she really may be. Her proportions ( as I see it ) seem to be, if she were standing; nearly as tall as Rooke. It also conveys ( to my mind ) that she is meek or delicate - the opposite of what she truly is. She very well may be vieing for the second in command position and with the defeat ( destruction? ) of Rooke she may have already achieved it.
Then again, there's Phule don't discount him as I feel he's a privateer, he could also be second in command.
And then there's the 'mad scientist' Bishop, kinda being ignored, isn't he?
I feel it would be over complicated to have two people connected to the message in the clockwork birds. Galileo and the Toymaker should be the same person.
I enjoy hearing your view points darkdoombro345, it's obvious that you've put a lot of thought into your speculations. Thank you for contributing to this post.
We saw Phule in Fort Elena, not to mention he was the first clockwork to face us (well, sort of). Anyways, he's obviously trusted by Kane, because he was sent to get a map piece for the Armada. But that also means he isn't one of the higher-ups, because he's doing the dirty work. Also, seeing as the elite court is sort of like a kingdom,Kane being king, mysterious woman being Queen, phule being the fool (i see what you did there KingsIsle), Rooke being the head of the royal guard, and Bishop being the royal magician. And I don't see her to be fragile at all. Underneath that big poofy skirt could easily be sparkshooters, explosives, teleportation devices, who knows what?
Most people expect her to be a swashbuckler for the reason she seems slender yet powerful, but for all we know she could be the privateer. Not that it makes a whole lot of sense, but I still don't think Phule is a privateer. Sure he sent out his minions to fight you, but he didn't buff them or heal them at all. As a matter of fact, summoning minions is more of a witchdoctor thing. Old Scratch, hoodoo bundle, you can summon minions. I think Phule is a witchdoctor, also because his minions drop his wand.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
darkdoombro345 on Aug 1, 2014 wrote:
We saw Phule in Fort Elena, not to mention he was the first clockwork to face us (well, sort of). Anyways, he's obviously trusted by Kane, because he was sent to get a map piece for the Armada. But that also means he isn't one of the higher-ups, because he's doing the dirty work. Also, seeing as the elite court is sort of like a kingdom,Kane being king, mysterious woman being Queen, phule being the fool (i see what you did there KingsIsle), Rooke being the head of the royal guard, and Bishop being the royal magician. And I don't see her to be fragile at all. Underneath that big poofy skirt could easily be sparkshooters, explosives, teleportation devices, who knows what?
Most people expect her to be a swashbuckler for the reason she seems slender yet powerful, but for all we know she could be the privateer. Not that it makes a whole lot of sense, but I still don't think Phule is a privateer. Sure he sent out his minions to fight you, but he didn't buff them or heal them at all. As a matter of fact, summoning minions is more of a witchdoctor thing. Old Scratch, hoodoo bundle, you can summon minions. I think Phule is a witchdoctor, also because his minions drop his wand.
Very well thought out and argued, darkdoombro345. So I will recap my arguments for Dame as swashbuckler, all female clockworks we've fought ( so far ) are swashbucklers. I feel that she's based on the character Milady DeWinter from Dumas' The Three Musketeers, this character is very scheming and sneaky - in fact a spy for the main villain in the story She has poisons at her disposal, too. In the chess game set-up that seems to be a theme running through this game, I think she best represents the Knight. Again, I must repeat, that Kane is Supreme Commander of the Armada. I don't believe he's about to share power, he will delegate jobs and a temporary authority, but a permanent position? Never.
That mission to Valencia was actually an important one, no mere underling could be trusted with it. Phule was best for the job. At the level we face him, it would have been very difficult if KI had Phule stay to buff his officers, he would then have been drawn into the fight, forcing either our defeat, or his destruction. The confrontation with Deacon would then have lost it's dramatic edge. I point out that they weren't summoned. And just because his troops drop a wand is no real indication of his class. Also Bishop is the Witchdoctor of the Court, having more than one is a bit redundant.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Back to Phule not being a higher-up because he's sent on a mission to do Kane's dirty work, well does that mean Deacon wasn't a higher-up? He was sent to find Clark's piece of the map.Or when we first meet Rooke in MooShu; he was sent there to acquire a map piece, again doing what you've described as dirty work and inferring that because Phule was entrusted with this kind of mission, he's obviously not a higher-up.

Phule is an Elite, and a true member of Kane's Court ( I can't believe I have to defend his honor this way ) He is not less than the other members. Remember we have yet to fight him, and I'm sure he'll have some devastating, nasty surprises in store for us. And he'll probably do it all with a big grin on one side of his face, while his other side snarls at us!

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
anecorbie on Aug 1, 2014 wrote:
Back to Phule not being a higher-up because he's sent on a mission to do Kane's dirty work, well does that mean Deacon wasn't a higher-up? He was sent to find Clark's piece of the map.Or when we first meet Rooke in MooShu; he was sent there to acquire a map piece, again doing what you've described as dirty work and inferring that because Phule was entrusted with this kind of mission, he's obviously not a higher-up.

Phule is an Elite, and a true member of Kane's Court ( I can't believe I have to defend his honor this way ) He is not less than the other members. Remember we have yet to fight him, and I'm sure he'll have some devastating, nasty surprises in store for us. And he'll probably do it all with a big grin on one side of his face, while his other side snarls at us!
Well argued to you as well...

You have stated one of the reasons I believe Queen may be on our side. There are six armada elites. We've seen a musketeer, a witch, and a buccaneer. That leaves swashy and privy. Most people think Phule is going to be a privy because he attacked you with his minions, but if that's what makes a privateer, then wouldn't Kane be the best example of that himself? I think you see where I'm leading...

Leaving a swashbuckler as the last thing for either dame or phule. While it wouldn't make much sense for Phule to be a swashy, and queen/dame would be a highly likely choice (I've been watching the musketeers, don't worry), I still think it's a possibility. After all, who knows anything about the mysterious supreme Commander besides the Supreme Commander himself?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Well argued to you as well...

You have stated one of the reasons I believe Queen may be on our side. There are six armada elites. We've seen a musketeer, a witch, and a buccaneer. That leaves swashy and privy. Most people think Phule is going to be a privy because he attacked you with his minions, but if that's what makes a privateer, then wouldn't Kane be the best example of that himself? I think you see where I'm leading...

Leaving a swashbuckler as the last thing for either dame or phule. While it wouldn't make much sense for Phule to be a swashy, and queen/dame would be a highly likely choice (I've been watching the musketeers, don't worry), I still think it's a possibility. After all, who knows anything about the mysterious supreme Commander besides the Supreme Commander himself?
Perhaps you missed the post where Blind Mew said a puppet show was in the works - explaining Kane's origins and why he went "bad", he said it would be very spectacular! I believe Kane will be a combination of ALL classes: an Uber-Class himself with strategies and powers we have yet to see. AND if he gets to El Dorado before us, what else may he become?
Also, there seems to an analogy between Kane's Court and Avery and the Trainers. What do you think?

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
By the way, Anecorbie, I've really enjoyed this debate. Seriously, you're a great writer and a clever mind, seeing my idea from multiple sides has really helped me specify it. Thank you so much for making this interesting!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
By the way, Anecorbie, I've really enjoyed this debate. Seriously, you're a great writer and a clever mind, seeing my idea from multiple sides has really helped me specify it. Thank you so much for making this interesting!
The feeling is mutual,darkddoombro345 ( What is your pirate's name? You may call me Esperanza. ) I enjoy a good debate, especially if my opposite has good, clear reasons, based on facts.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
About Phule's class, if he is not a privateer ( because Kane may be one, and Dame may be a swashbuckler ) what is left? Is Phule actually classless? Does he imitate other class actions, a little bit from here and a bit from there? A Jack of all Trades? This would be a reason why his drops ( so far ) benefit Witchdoctors. Though I maintain that his wand is part of a fool's costume. This wand is called a ninny stick and no jester's costume is complete without one.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
anecorbie on Aug 3, 2014 wrote:
About Phule's class, if he is not a privateer ( because Kane may be one, and Dame may be a swashbuckler ) what is left? Is Phule actually classless? Does he imitate other class actions, a little bit from here and a bit from there? A Jack of all Trades? This would be a reason why his drops ( so far ) benefit Witchdoctors. Though I maintain that his wand is part of a fool's costume. This wand is called a ninny stick and no jester's costume is complete without one.
Actually,I believe that each of Phule's sides is a different class.Thus,we'll fight his white side in one battle,and in the next wave(or the next battle) we'll fight his black side.Notice how the Black Cadre are all buccaneers,while all in the white cadre are musketeers.Therefore,I think we'll first be fighting a melee version of Phule,and then a ranged version of Phule or vice versa.

Another possibility may be that we won't even get to fight Phule.That out battle with him will be quite a bit of psychological warfare,and then we get to push him off a cliff or something.So,in that case he would be classless.

He could always be a witch doctor,maybe even with the ability of using magical magic and not Bishop magic,you never know.

As for Kane's Mechanical Mistress,I agree,she could always be a swashbuckler.Only Blind Mew knows,and Blind Mew,does not say.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
Or what if Phule, being the creepy little freak he is (hope he never comes to the message boards), just stays behind and watches us fight the whole time? Then when we kill Kane, he'll just sit there and laugh, and laugh, and laugh, until he explodes. Or maybe he will transform into a dark Phule and a light Phule? Although I guess that's what his minion-esque armada guys were for...

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
I agree completely on Phule's so called wand being a ninny stick, I've also heard it called a Jester's bladder. Um, bladder as in a balloon made of leather. And was quite often used to hit people, perhaps, Phule is another swashbuckler?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Slowly, yet surely, we've been snipping away Kane's core of support. First his Spy Master, effectively making him blind and deaf; then his General, basically crippling him. When and how will he retaliate against this "thorn in his side"? Is Dame his personal assassin? Or is this a job for Phule?
Arguments for Dame in the role of assassin: if she is a swashbuckler, then she's "deadly with the blade". If Dame is based on Milady DeWinter, this fits that character.
Arguments for Phule in the role of assassin: if he is the swashbuckler then the same reason as for Dame suits him. He is an interesting phsycological case ( to put it mildly ) somewhat like the Joker or Two-Face in Batman. I could see him being sent to destroy us easily.
Bishop? No ,his role seems more Research and Development, he won't dirty his hands, when he can make a machine do his dirty work.
I believe we'll be seeing more Armada interference in our quest - especially when we return to Valencia. So watch out!

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
anecorbie on Aug 4, 2014 wrote:
Slowly, yet surely, we've been snipping away Kane's core of support. First his Spy Master, effectively making him blind and deaf; then his General, basically crippling him. When and how will he retaliate against this "thorn in his side"? Is Dame his personal assassin? Or is this a job for Phule?
Arguments for Dame in the role of assassin: if she is a swashbuckler, then she's "deadly with the blade". If Dame is based on Milady DeWinter, this fits that character.
Arguments for Phule in the role of assassin: if he is the swashbuckler then the same reason as for Dame suits him. He is an interesting phsycological case ( to put it mildly ) somewhat like the Joker or Two-Face in Batman. I could see him being sent to destroy us easily.
Bishop? No ,his role seems more Research and Development, he won't dirty his hands, when he can make a machine do his dirty work.
I believe we'll be seeing more Armada interference in our quest - especially when we return to Valencia. So watch out!
Oh yeah, that has to do with my other theory- those NPCs who've never spoken to us, but have always been there? What if they're Armada spies and Queen's personal assistants in disguise? Or what if... what if they were Queen herself?

Petty Officer
Feb 05, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 12, 2014 wrote:
Was Kane conceived to be the 'ultimate' warrior? Is his brain stuffed with the strategy used throughout the ages of the Spiral? Also strong and agile, being made in Valencia, does he have all the techniques of the duello? ( that's fencing for the layperson ). Can he lay traps, and mines? Castle walls and other defensive barriers? Imagine if he's a crack shot, better than Bonnie Ann or Chantal Livingstone. The only thing the Armada seems to lack is an ability to use magic.
So besides a weakness in Valecian steel, could this actually be the fatal flaw in Kane?
Breakdown of Armada types we've fought:
Snipers and fusiliers
Marines
Battleangels
Dragoons ( a nasty combo of & )
Elites:
Deacon
Bishop
Rooke
Unknown Quantity: Phule and Dame, But I believe Phule is a privateer and Dame is a swashbuckler
Kane. It all comes down to what we know of Kane which is - zip.
Dame would be the privateer. She is wearing a dress! A dress!! Do you expect her to be bouncing around all light on her feet with that huge metal dress? And we have never seen her yet, and she sits on a throne. This shows the fact that she is important, i believe she is a privateer, a commander of the armadas operation, kanes second in command. I think phule is the swashbuckler. He would be able to move around lightly, and he looked as if he was about to do a triple black flip when we saw him in the tomb of marco pollo. He seems more like swashbuckler material. And i believe kane is a combo of all the classes. He was called: "stronger faster and smarter than any living being, so i think we are dealing with a full on master of everything! Or perhaps dame is the real threat, and she is just using kane as a cover....

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CdeWinter on Aug 4, 2014 wrote:
I agree completely on Phule's so called wand being a ninny stick, I've also heard it called a Jester's bladder. Um, bladder as in a balloon made of leather. And was quite often used to hit people, perhaps, Phule is another swashbuckler?
The ninny stick was the one that had the face carved on it. The bladder was a balloon ( made of treated intestine, I think ) and used to hit people. There was also a slapstick made of two pieces of wood loosely joined that made a loud sound when used. Hence our term 'slapstick comedy' for simple low comedy situations.

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2011
anecorbie on Jun 14, 2014 wrote:
Continued speculations ( or observations ) - don't you find that Bishop is well.. NERDY? In his attacks; he winds up his wand, then yells "Yes!" ( so not cool ).
The Toymaker - I'm indebted to CDeWinter for her observations as to the name of the Toymaker, I agree completely with her. I will state it here that 'G' is Galileo! There seems to be a combination between The Count of Monte Cristo and The Birdman Of Alcatraz going on here. ( In the puppet show, his hands are human and old. He is also in desperate need of a manicure. )
Going into Valencia - is it a trap? Could be. Kane might have faked those messages and kept the other elites in the dark about them. Luring a few reckless pirates to their doom would be entirely possible. But I think that plot is way too complicated. ( for one thing, he would have either made the birds himself or have to capture all the birds made by the Toymaker. )
What is Kane's weakness? Could it have something to do with the weakness in Valencian steel? I believe so.
Hate to bust your bubble, but I'm positive your wrong on who's 'G'. We are talking about someone referred as the Toymaker. I was thinking that 'G' is really that guy that made Pinocchio seeing Valencia does portray the Renaissance age of Italy. What was that name? ......... Geppetto?

Petty Officer
Feb 05, 2013
anecorbie on Aug 1, 2014 wrote:
Perhaps you missed the post where Blind Mew said a puppet show was in the works - explaining Kane's origins and why he went "bad", he said it would be very spectacular! I believe Kane will be a combination of ALL classes: an Uber-Class himself with strategies and powers we have yet to see. AND if he gets to El Dorado before us, what else may he become?
Also, there seems to an analogy between Kane's Court and Avery and the Trainers. What do you think?
I think in the next books, ( book 15-something) we will encounter something never before seen in the history of the spiral! Maybe once or twice, but anyway. We may be dealing with... combined classes I believe phule is the swashbuckler, with his lithe form and agility. But i also think he represents Janus, the Greek god of beginnings and endings, and decisions, who also has two faces. I believe Phule could be a combined class! The combination of two class enemys joined together as one! Phule could be: +=Phule! A witch doctor and swashbuckler combined! he drops a wand, but his agility seems to imply that he is a swashbuckler. Who knows what we will discover when we return to Valencia!

Yours truly
- Daring Destiny Dove: Level 65