Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Not So Ready

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Dec 02, 2009
I dont know what you in the staff did in the update but I have 15 crew on bed rest after trying to beat this quest It is to hard now I have went thru it 2 times before the update and it was hard then but now its not playable for solo why did you make it so hard.

Administrator
I'm sorry to hear of your troubles, Pirate. General Tso's instance has always been pretty difficult, and I'm sure our players may have some good strategy hints for you.

I can say with confidence that the best way to win this difficult encounter is to group up with another player!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
demonic47 on Jun 7, 2014 wrote:
I dont know what you in the staff did in the update but I have 15 crew on bed rest after trying to beat this quest It is to hard now I have went thru it 2 times before the update and it was hard then but now its not playable for solo why did you make it so hard.
well when you get there just ask some of yer friends to help yu out XD

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Yes, it is difficult ( probably one of the top 5 hardest dungeons ). What is your level and companion's levels? Are there any side quests you can complete to raise gold and exp. to raise the levels? 'Wake up' your bed rest companions and set them to brawlin' to gain exp. ( I have soloed this dungeon since the update at level 51 with companions level 47 - 49, so its possible.)

Lieutenant
Dec 02, 2009
I have soloed this quest twice before the update and I had planed on doing it again. Thats how I know somthing has changed in this instance .I dont know If its the fact that we have had all of are attacks reduced in power or that you made the bad guys stronger. Im 53 and I cant be going around a game made for kids asking them to follow me into a instance .I try to keep to myself as much as is possible so thanks for that.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
Hey Demonic ( Intimidating! )

If you're having issues with that dungeon, I can always help ya . I love kicking some Tso... Well, I would love fighting him if it weren't for his cursed Spirit Shield! But if I can't help, I'm sure there are plenty of pirates out there who wouldn't mind lending ya a hand.

Petty Officer
Jul 26, 2011
Go to skull island by the bazaar, find a high level pirate to help. Your guaranteed to find one there.
It's ok. Not a fan of the wounded update either. Few people are anyways and we've all been through it

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
demonic47 on Jun 9, 2014 wrote:
I have soloed this quest twice before the update and I had planed on doing it again. Thats how I know somthing has changed in this instance .I dont know If its the fact that we have had all of are attacks reduced in power or that you made the bad guys stronger. Im 53 and I cant be going around a game made for kids asking them to follow me into a instance .I try to keep to myself as much as is possible so thanks for that.
Nothing has changed in this instance, except the wounding of our companions. It has always been a tough dungeon, and I have soloed it since the update with my buccaneer. Yes, I lost my three companions, and nearly was defeated myself, but I still managed to win. Asking for help is not shameful, and it's a great way to make friends.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on Jun 10, 2014 wrote:
Nothing has changed in this instance, except the wounding of our companions. It has always been a tough dungeon, and I have soloed it since the update with my buccaneer. Yes, I lost my three companions, and nearly was defeated myself, but I still managed to win. Asking for help is not shameful, and it's a great way to make friends.
"Asking for help is not shameful and it's a great way to make friends."
Very well said and Heartily yarred.

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
Aye lad. General Tso is no walk in the park. I would recommend asking a high level friend for help or setting aside a few crowns to hire a henchman. I have soloed it with my swashbuckler, musketeer and witchdoctor so far. My witchdoctor had the hardest time with it. With my swashbuckler I was able to get into the room and use 'walk in shadows' to get near the chicken. All my companions were eliminated but I completed the dungeon. With my musketeer it was just an all out slug fest and my mutli-target attacks really made the difference there. I got lucky with my witchdoctor and transported into position and was able to live long enough to threaten the poor chicken that was probably wondering what all the fuss was. I anticipate a rough go of it with my privateer and will probably ask for help. My buccaneer has no fear (hey...that rhymes) and should be fine.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
Spiral Cowboy on Jun 11, 2014 wrote:
Aye lad. General Tso is no walk in the park. I would recommend asking a high level friend for help or setting aside a few crowns to hire a henchman. I have soloed it with my swashbuckler, musketeer and witchdoctor so far. My witchdoctor had the hardest time with it. With my swashbuckler I was able to get into the room and use 'walk in shadows' to get near the chicken. All my companions were eliminated but I completed the dungeon. With my musketeer it was just an all out slug fest and my mutli-target attacks really made the difference there. I got lucky with my witchdoctor and transported into position and was able to live long enough to threaten the poor chicken that was probably wondering what all the fuss was. I anticipate a rough go of it with my privateer and will probably ask for help. My buccaneer has no fear (hey...that rhymes) and should be fine.
Well with a Privateer, you'll have tons of heals as well as health. Using the accuracy and dodge buffs will also help your companions hit more often and dodge more often, therefore allowing them to survive longer. Combined with El Toro and his buff and your team will be dodging and hitting pretty often.

Lieutenant
Dec 02, 2009
My swashbuckler and Witchdoctor walked thru this with the loss of all the crew . My musketeer ended up 22 losses and 1 win. I finale got thru but I had to do it In a very sneeky way I had to cloke 2 times and let my crew die. I had 4 back stabs from boots and coats and such they got me thru the chicken gard I had to take out every one of the attackers untell I could get to the chicken. With my other pirates I bull my way thru doing it this way left me feeling dirty. Its not the pirate way.