Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

"Phule's Errand" may need to be quite longer...

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Hi! I've got some thoughts about the instance quest in Bruno Chapel, "Phule's Errand" in Granchia, Valencia...

As of the moment, the instance quest in Bruno Chapel, "Phule's Errand", is quite very short because it only consists of one room and one battle against the Servus Commanders, and from what I've seen, it doesn't appear to be... a bit adventurous as we thought. Plus, it had very little plot in it's storyline.

How big should an actual chapel be? Depending on designing them, I think maybe more than one small room. Chapels should be at least quite large and should consist of many rooms.

I think that instance quest may need to be revised very well so that it may be a little more longer and more adventurous by having more rooms and more battles with more of the Armada's troops. Finding some clues to Marco Pollo's Map Piece and getting that Blue Windstone from his tomb shouldn't have to be that easy. From what I've seen, it would take pretty much plenty more than just simply walking in and finding them in only one room and nothing else. Plus, there isn't very much backstory lore behind Marco Pollo's endeavors with his Map to El Dorado while he had it before he tore it up and some mentioning about the other Armada's Elites' names in that instance. I think their bit of their lore should be told and represented by statues of the Elites themselves, complete with plaques, describing their own characteristics & roles through their service with Kane, including a statue and a plaque about Kane himself, showing a little backstory behind each Elite, and their names, along with their Supreme Commander himself. Plus, didn't Phule said that we were "down here" when we were actually "up here" in Marco Pollo's Tomb? That doesn't make a bit of sense. That should be corrected. Plus, his tomb should be relocated to the deeper depths of the crypts underground. Also, to point out, nobody has ever, and I do mean EVER, said Phule's name in that instance quest. I think his name should be truly heard and spoken of by our Companions and Phule himself in that revised quest.

Pirate101 team, if you've time to read this suggestion, and hopefully, enough bandwith, please consider this. Think of it.

Those are my thoughts of how that instance quest in Bruno Chapel should be revised so that it would provide more adventure and a little more lore behind the Armada. What do you think? Anybody else agrees to this?

Thanks for listening!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I agree and disagree - to be disagreeable The chapel reflects Renaissance architecture very well; a famous individual like Marco Pollo would have a single room dedicated to his tomb. I agree the instance could be a bit longer or the battle more challenging or dramatic. As an introduction to our second elite it falls a little flat. Phule is too good to waste.

Lieutenant
Feb 15, 2014
the chapel fell apart

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on May 29, 2014 wrote:
I agree and disagree - to be disagreeable The chapel reflects Renaissance architecture very well; a famous individual like Marco Pollo would have a single room dedicated to his tomb. I agree the instance could be a bit longer or the battle more challenging or dramatic. As an introduction to our second elite it falls a little flat. Phule is too good to waste.
That instance did lack very much of the story behind the Armada's Elites and their Supreme Commander himself and some history of Marco Pollo's endeavors with his Map before he decided to tear it into 7 pieces. Plus, finding his tomb and getting a Blue Windstone from there shouldn't have to be THAT easy. We'd have to, you know, try to survive our way to it and win... and, of course, escape the chapel before more of the Armada troops try to catch us, too.

If they can extend and revise such instance quests like what they did to "A Felon's Employment", "Death and Taxes", and "Boar to the Core", for examples (You should check them out, by the way. What they did to these instance quests, they did a very good job of it!), then they can do the same to "Phule's Errand". How amazing would that be if they did that?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on May 30, 2014 wrote:
That instance did lack very much of the story behind the Armada's Elites and their Supreme Commander himself and some history of Marco Pollo's endeavors with his Map before he decided to tear it into 7 pieces. Plus, finding his tomb and getting a Blue Windstone from there shouldn't have to be THAT easy. We'd have to, you know, try to survive our way to it and win... and, of course, escape the chapel before more of the Armada troops try to catch us, too.

If they can extend and revise such instance quests like what they did to "A Felon's Employment", "Death and Taxes", and "Boar to the Core", for examples (You should check them out, by the way. What they did to these instance quests, they did a very good job of it!), then they can do the same to "Phule's Errand". How amazing would that be if they did that?
I did do the 'Boar to the Core' , it fell into the catagory 'challenging - companion destroying' lol I lost two companions in that dungeon. Did you get the Earth, Wind and Fire easter egg?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on May 31, 2014 wrote:
I did do the 'Boar to the Core' , it fell into the catagory 'challenging - companion destroying' lol I lost two companions in that dungeon. Did you get the Earth, Wind and Fire easter egg?
Is that Earth, Wind and Fire easter egg supposed to be a reference? I'm not sure if I got that.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
most of the time your there is phule talking

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Saying about it not being easy to get a wind stone thats true
Yellow windstone to marleybone is the hardest i barley did a first time solo on that dungeon so 1 battle to get a windstone is nothing

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Jun 3, 2014 wrote:
Is that Earth, Wind and Fire easter egg supposed to be a reference? I'm not sure if I got that.
Earth, Wind and Fire are a Rock/funk/R&B band from the 70's to 80s.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Jun 16, 2014 wrote:
Earth, Wind and Fire are a Rock/funk/R&B band from the 70's to 80s.
Oh. Never heard of that band, nor know it's name.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
witchdoctor daruis on Jun 16, 2014 wrote:
Saying about it not being easy to get a wind stone thats true
Yellow windstone to marleybone is the hardest i barley did a first time solo on that dungeon so 1 battle to get a windstone is nothing
Of course it's nothing. Getting that Yellow Windstone in Fort Bassett was a challenge, and it was, so they should revise that instance to make getting that Blue Windstone in Bruno Chapel much less easy than it is today... not to mention going in and out of there.

Lieutenant
May 19, 2013
I have to agree on more lore and back story they should make statues and they should put them in maybe Seville seeing as it's over run and they should even have a quest on knowing our enemies more they should also include the queen in the statues so we can learn about her but if she is ad I think and a last minute surprise then maybe not. What a great idea but I think part that's hard about the dungeon is getting in and out because you practically have to fight your way in.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
jesusfollower363 on Jul 4, 2014 wrote:
I have to agree on more lore and back story they should make statues and they should put them in maybe Seville seeing as it's over run and they should even have a quest on knowing our enemies more they should also include the queen in the statues so we can learn about her but if she is ad I think and a last minute surprise then maybe not. What a great idea but I think part that's hard about the dungeon is getting in and out because you practically have to fight your way in.
Well... duh.

It's supposed to be flowing with Armada troops. Of course we practically have to fight our way in, know Kane and the Clockwork Elites via inscriptions on their plaques on the statues' stone pedestals, find Marco Pollo's Tomb, grab the Blue Windstone from there, and fight our way out of there. Would you have it any other way? I would think so.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Noble Arthur Fairl... on May 29, 2014 wrote:
the chapel fell apart
Actually, it was more like crumbled by the likes of the Clockworks.

Regardless, that instance should include more battles & more story to it & more lore behind the Elites & Supreme Commander Kane himself... & to make getting the Blue Windstone more difficult than it would've been, along with trying to enter the chapel & escape from it before they try to catch us.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Phule's Errand, is, I believe, intended to be a pre-view of what we can expect when we return to Valencia. At the level most players experience this for the first time; it is challenging, especially trying to enter the basement of the chapel, while avoiding the trooping Armada guards.
More story or dialogue wouldn't hurt, though.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Sep 25, 2014 wrote:
Phule's Errand, is, I believe, intended to be a pre-view of what we can expect when we return to Valencia. At the level most players experience this for the first time; it is challenging, especially trying to enter the basement of the chapel, while avoiding the trooping Armada guards.
More story or dialogue wouldn't hurt, though.
To be accurate, anecorbie, trashing Armada ships in the Aragon Skyway for a disguise to get into Sivella and the side instance, the Lecture Hall in Sivella's West Wing are what the Armada had in store the first time we got to Valencia, & believe me, once we return to Valencia, they will not hold back. It was one stealth operation that wasn't easy, & doing another one in Valencia will be even more difficult than what we went through before. They will be ready for us the moment we return there. Believe me. I know. It's not really a preview of our return trip to Valencia. If I'm right, there will always be a set of adventures before going into Valencia again.

Remember how we had to get to Marleybone in Book 13? Getting a Yellow Windstone in Fort Basset was no easy task, not to mention get travel papers to Marleybone in MooShu by helping the Marleyboneans with the tea trade problems. These were the intro to the adventures in Book 13, & no doubt we may have an intro to Book 15 with more adventures before returning to Valencia, like they always do in Wizard101's own way of having intro adventures before going to new worlds.

Besides that, sneaking into Bruno Chapel to get the Blue Windstone & finding Marco Pollo's tomb & the Map Piece's whereabouts, escaping the chapel that should be infested with various Armada troops & getting out of there should not be that too easy, either. Really.

The Granchia Catacombs are overrun with Armada troops, but not too much for Pirates to easily get caught battling them. All they had to do to avoid them is stay to the walls until they get to Bruno Chapel.

Still, more dialogue & story elements to Bruno Chapel, such as the backstories behind Kane's Clockwork Elites & their names should make the instance more interesting, yet there should also be more chambers, enemy encounters, & perhaps maybe a few more new bosses, besides the two Servus Officers that should come with it.

Plus, Phule should have more involvement in that instance, not to mention properly introduce himself, too, rather to have very little involvement in it with no introduction to himself & speaking his name.

Really wouldn't hurt to include more story, new chambers & adventure in that instance like how previous instances in select worlds did. An actual chapel, such as the Bruno Chapel, while still intact after being apparently demolished, should be much larger than only one room, & shouldn't only have one room.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
TheDragonspyrePira... on Jun 15, 2014 wrote:
most of the time your there is phule talking
Yeah, but I feel that our introduction to Phule would be made more interesting & invigorating once that instance & it's instance quest gets improved & extended. It feels slightly empty to see his introduction have little involvement in that instance's quest right now. Plus, it may need more new chambers, enemies & bosses, challenges, & adventure, along with more lore & depth behind each of the Elites, including Kane.

Getting in & out of Bruno Chapel, not to mention getting the Blue Windstone & finding the whereabouts of one of Marco Pollo's Map Pieces to El Dorado, shouldn't have to be that too easy than it is today, yes?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Oh! I almost forgot one small thing... that instance, while it's quest may need to be longer with more story & lore behind the Clockwork Elites & Kane himself, should contain a new secret boss added with it. Valencia doesn't have a secret boss right now, so I figured it could have one added to the Bruno Chapel. Just saying my thoughts.