Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Question For Anyone Who Can Answer.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 26, 2010
It seems like every time I come on the message boards I hear another developer talking about Pirate101's 'bandwidth' without ever explaining what precisely it is. Because of that, I must beg a few questions; What is bandwidth? Just how finite is it? Are we in jeopardy of running out of bandwidth? What happens if we do?

The answers to these questions would be most helpful in better understanding just how the game and all of it's process' work, and hopefully creating more informed feedback.

Administrator
Hi, Pirate! Bandwidth is a funny term that basically means budget. A game costs money to make, takes time to produce, and requires an attention to quality. "Bandwidth" would be our restrictions and limitations to time, money, and quality, but it really isn't something you'll need to worry about with Pirate101. We'll continue making updates and working to make it the best game out there.

Thanks!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*