Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Clue to the identity of the Toymaker?

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
I've noticed a possible clue to the identity of the Toymaker, currently known only as "G".

While playing Pirates a few days ago, (but since the recent update), I discovered during a conversation with Fearless Talon Lewis, that the name Galileo is allowed by the KI chat filter. Now at first I did not think much of it. Until the help of a few marauder friends (Thanks Lizzy, Emma, Anne, Chrissy, and Talon) I conducted some research. Through this research we found that;

1).Galileo is not a possible player name,
2). Galileo is not a pet name.
3). Galileo is not a ship name.
4) We could not find any character named Galileo in any of the current worlds.

So, this suggests that the name Galileo is an unused character name, possibly added since the recent update.
And, knowing the simularities between the historical Galileo and the unknown Toymaker, both being mathimatical and engineering geniuses, is it possible that this unused name is actually the Toymaker, G?

As a second part to this, I would like to hear other's thoughts on this idea, (possible from a dev). But I also challenge any who read this to search for a Galileo currently in the game, and post where to find him. I would be glad to know if one does exist.

Gunner's Mate
Jul 08, 2013
CdeWinter on May 21, 2014 wrote:
I've noticed a possible clue to the identity of the Toymaker, currently known only as "G".

While playing Pirates a few days ago, (but since the recent update), I discovered during a conversation with Fearless Talon Lewis, that the name Galileo is allowed by the KI chat filter. Now at first I did not think much of it. Until the help of a few marauder friends (Thanks Lizzy, Emma, Anne, Chrissy, and Talon) I conducted some research. Through this research we found that;

1).Galileo is not a possible player name,
2). Galileo is not a pet name.
3). Galileo is not a ship name.
4) We could not find any character named Galileo in any of the current worlds.

So, this suggests that the name Galileo is an unused character name, possibly added since the recent update.
And, knowing the simularities between the historical Galileo and the unknown Toymaker, both being mathimatical and engineering geniuses, is it possible that this unused name is actually the Toymaker, G?

As a second part to this, I would like to hear other's thoughts on this idea, (possible from a dev). But I also challenge any who read this to search for a Galileo currently in the game, and post where to find him. I would be glad to know if one does exist.
always happy to help scarlet anyway she's right i did take a look at the ship names and i did not see Galileo in the ship names i'm really thinking the toymaker's real name is Galileo anybody wanna bet some gold with me? i bet you 1000 gold that Galileo is a human in bishop's puppet show we could see human hands making those clockwork birds didn't he say something with the liner b? i dunno that could be true about his real name is the toymaker G and i would like to learn more about this toymaker mystery the weekend is coming up so ill try to take a look at valenica to find anything about the toymaker if you want

fearless talon Lewis

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Consider also, that the historical Galileo spent the last part of his life under house arrest and that KI seems to like 70's music; Galileo probably fits the Toymaker. Thanks CDeWinter!

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Galileo, a legendary inventor. One of his greatest works was kinematics, AKA Kinetic Energy. He also developed a special geometrical and military compass, but one NOTABLE thing is he found a way to elevate cannons accurately, and determine the charge of gunpowder necessary in order to launch cannonballs of varying sizes different distances. He also developed the pendulum clock! Maybe in the game, he went from clocks to CLOCKWORKS!! I think you guys are right!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
'tis a great theory, whether it works out or not.

-Indigo

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
I don't care as long as it comes out soon, but I think your right. Or it could just be that they thought if someone wanted to talk about history they would let us say it, but who knows? Except blind mew I think he knows.

-Jack nightgale lvl 65 buccaneer

Captain
May 16, 2011
Possibly. I just had a random train of thought, and did some research myself. The Toymaker make the clockwork birds, yes? And the markings on them are Aquilan Linear B, translated by the Rosetta Stone, right? Well, for that to work, the Rosetta Stone would have had to be found while Galileo was alive. Here's what I found out:

Galileo Galilei: 1564 - 1642
Rosetta Stone(historical stone): Found in 1799

Thus, by that information, it would have been impossible for Galileo to put in that code.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Ensign
Jul 26, 2009
Sorry, but I have to ask.

In the note we receive at the end of the current storyline, doesn't it say to "...seek out the toymaker. -G" Therefore, wouldn't "G", who wrote the note, and the Toymaker, to whom the note is referring, be different people? I might be remembering wrong though.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Thunder Hawk on May 23, 2014 wrote:
Possibly. I just had a random train of thought, and did some research myself. The Toymaker make the clockwork birds, yes? And the markings on them are Aquilan Linear B, translated by the Rosetta Stone, right? Well, for that to work, the Rosetta Stone would have had to be found while Galileo was alive. Here's what I found out:

Thus, by that information, it would have been impossible for Galileo to put in that code.

Nice research. The trouble is Blind Mew is not bound by the same laws of time that are in our life. The Spiral runs in a different parallel than our universe does.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Thunderchu, Linear B was not on the Rosetta Stone - The term describes the second (so, "B") written-in-a-line (i.e. "linear") language the Minoans used, which as it turned out were based on Mycenaean Greek. That the Minoans developed a second written language incorporating an early form of Greek is usually taken to indicate that the two civilizations were very closely connected in terms of trade and cultural transactions.

The Rosetta Stone had another early form of Greek, the common Egyptian script (demotic), and Egyptian hieroglyphics.

But, your point is still valid in terms of time differences - Linear B was not deciphered until the 20th century (when a scholar took an intuitive leap and asked himself "what if it is related to Greek...?").

-Indigo

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Indigo Ring on May 25, 2014 wrote:
Thunderchu, Linear B was not on the Rosetta Stone - The term describes the second (so, "B") written-in-a-line (i.e. "linear") language the Minoans used, which as it turned out were based on Mycenaean Greek. That the Minoans developed a second written language incorporating an early form of Greek is usually taken to indicate that the two civilizations were very closely connected in terms of trade and cultural transactions.

The Rosetta Stone had another early form of Greek, the common Egyptian script (demotic), and Egyptian hieroglyphics.

But, your point is still valid in terms of time differences - Linear B was not deciphered until the 20th century (when a scholar took an intuitive leap and asked himself "what if it is related to Greek...?").

-Indigo
Hey, Indigo. I made a report on The Rosetta Stone on Central, and you might want to check it out. Here's the link.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Lordofwinter35 on May 24, 2014 wrote:
Sorry, but I have to ask.

In the note we receive at the end of the current storyline, doesn't it say to "...seek out the toymaker. -G" Therefore, wouldn't "G", who wrote the note, and the Toymaker, to whom the note is referring, be different people? I might be remembering wrong though.
That is a very good idea Lordofwinter, (by the way, Countess of winter, is a higher title than Lord of winter ).
But Bishop reveals in Marleybone that it is very very likely that the clockwork birds are the work of the Toymaker. So, if the Toymaker made the birds, why would he have someone else write the note on the clockwork bird that says to find him? I think it's more possible that the Toymaker, while knowing that he himself is best known as the Toymaker, doesn't actually sign anything as the Toymaker.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hey there everyone. These are all fantastic ideas and may certainly hold up to be true. It's exciting to try and solve this mystery regardless.

Going way out on a limb here, I was just curious as to whether anyone has every read the collection of Science Fiction stories by Raymond F. Jones, titled The Toymaker- published in 1951. I have not, but I was intrigued as to whether there could be any possible tie-in or references to these stories, seeing as Blind Mew enjoys great reads and Science Fiction (at least I think I read that he did).

It is quite a huge stretch, but I was just interested as to whether any of you literary buffs out there had ever read or come across Jones' The Toymaker.

Great ideas in the thread everyone, and very well thought out!

Captain
May 16, 2011
Indigo Ring on May 25, 2014 wrote:

-Indigo
Thank you, Indigo, for that clarification. Though, Chrissy's note was also quite true; as Aquila is a perfect example. While Galileo could be likely, although I don't think it is "G"'s name.

Also, I think Valkoor is on the right track. "J" can sound like "G", as in George. If the Toymaker is supposedly so smart, he would have found a way to cover up his name. I don't think "G" is very secure, Especially in Valencia, where possibly everyone could know who "G" is, including the Armada. Changing "J" to "G" could be quite smart, as they can sound the same.

Or, Blind Mew could be tricking us, and there is no "G". IT'S A TRAP!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Thunder Hawk on May 23, 2014 wrote:

Except that we are also dealing with Spiral history and while the historic Rosetta stone was discovered in 1799, it was carved during the Ptolemaic period in Egypt. So it's entirely possible for the Toymaker to use Aquilan Linear B.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
warrior021u on May 23, 2014 wrote:
always happy to help scarlet anyway she's right i did take a look at the ship names and i did not see Galileo in the ship names i'm really thinking the toymaker's real name is Galileo anybody wanna bet some gold with me? i bet you 1000 gold that Galileo is a human in bishop's puppet show we could see human hands making those clockwork birds didn't he say something with the liner b? i dunno that could be true about his real name is the toymaker G and i would like to learn more about this toymaker mystery the weekend is coming up so ill try to take a look at valenica to find anything about the toymaker if you want

fearless talon Lewis
your on! but i bet 2000 gold XD.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
well, gallieo was one of the best astronomers and inventors who ever lived, i 'll bet kingsisle found a way to re create the guy for the pirate101 storyboard, i mean, they did the same thing with cortez, and a few other people so why stop now? the creativity of the story developers never cease XD monquistadors instead of conquistadors, el toro instead of zorro, friar cluck instead of friar tuck, so many creative people in kingsisle XD

Gunner's Mate
Jul 08, 2013
fearless robert sp... on Jun 6, 2014 wrote:
your on! but i bet 2000 gold XD.
deal! ( shakes hands)

Lieutenant
May 19, 2013
thats probably true and what if this mysterious galileo is the one who started the whole armada mess??? therefore he doesnt show his face

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2011
warriorscreed on May 23, 2014 wrote:
Galileo, a legendary inventor. One of his greatest works was kinematics, AKA Kinetic Energy. He also developed a special geometrical and military compass, but one NOTABLE thing is he found a way to elevate cannons accurately, and determine the charge of gunpowder necessary in order to launch cannonballs of varying sizes different distances. He also developed the pendulum clock! Maybe in the game, he went from clocks to CLOCKWORKS!! I think you guys are right!
You forgot that so was Da VInci, he was famous as an inventer/artist. Sure he didn't build all of his inventions but he is Genus!

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
winter goddess on Aug 6, 2014 wrote:
You forgot that so was Da VInci, he was famous as an inventer/artist. Sure he didn't build all of his inventions but he is Genus!
It could be that the Armada is hunting the Toymaker, because not only does he possibly hold the key to their defeat, but it could be he knows how to make their weapons more effective! Like I said, Galileo found a way to make cannons accurate! Could it be that this is what makes Galileo so important? Or does he know a way to make the Armada more powerful as well as a way to DEFEAT them? Only time will tell, and I am certain that Blind Mew is laughing at all of us as we try to figure out his diabolical puzzles......