Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Skyway Chat menu not showing

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
While I was sailing through the Spiral's Skyways, I clicked the Skyway Chat button, but I don't see the menu and the list of phrases it's supposed to show. Can you please correct this problem? Thanks!

Administrator
Hi Trimond! Could you perhaps give us a bit more information? We're unable to replicate this bug currently.

• Location where the bug occurred:
  • How often does this bug seem to happen? (Once/Sometimes/Often/Every time)
  • Were you playing Solo? (Y/N)
  • If you were in a group or playing with others, how many?
  • Were you the only one to experience this issue?
  • Can you reproduce this bug?
  • What time (approximately) was it?
  • Are you still having this trouble? If not, what occurred?

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I was having the same issues with menu chat this morning. The menu was there and it showed the phrases but when you clicked them, nothing would happen. I sent a bug report to tech support. Perhaps they are related?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
One-Eyed Jack on May 16, 2014 wrote:
Hi Trimond! Could you perhaps give us a bit more information? We're unable to replicate this bug currently.

• Location where the bug occurred:
  • How often does this bug seem to happen? (Once/Sometimes/Often/Every time)
  • Were you playing Solo? (Y/N)
  • If you were in a group or playing with others, how many?
  • Were you the only one to experience this issue?
  • Can you reproduce this bug?
  • What time (approximately) was it?
  • Are you still having this trouble? If not, what occurred?
I can answer them, in order.

1. In any of the Spiral's Skyways, for example, Skull Island Skyway.

2. Pretty much... every time.

3. Yes.

4. Presumably many others.

5. No, I think I'm not the only one. I'm sure there are others who are experiencing this problem.

6. Sure enough. I flew through the Skyway and clicked the Skyway Chat button, and when I did, none of the menu's phrases showed up.

7. I think a few days ago at the moment and time when Skyway Chat was made into the game.

8. Yes, I am.

Does that help, One-Eyed Jack? Perhaps you could try again and see what I mean.

Administrator
Trimond297 on May 16, 2014 wrote:
I can answer them, in order.

1. In any of the Spiral's Skyways, for example, Skull Island Skyway.

2. Pretty much... every time.

3. Yes.

4. Presumably many others.

5. No, I think I'm not the only one. I'm sure there are others who are experiencing this problem.

6. Sure enough. I flew through the Skyway and clicked the Skyway Chat button, and when I did, none of the menu's phrases showed up.

7. I think a few days ago at the moment and time when Skyway Chat was made into the game.

8. Yes, I am.

Does that help, One-Eyed Jack? Perhaps you could try again and see what I mean.
Hmm. Well, I was just in Skull Island Skyway and had a nice conversation over skyway chat on Avery realm with a couple of Pirates (Really nice to meet them, actually!)

Now, just to be sure . . . there are two buttons near the top left corner. One is a toggle to show/hide skyway chat. The other is the button to start chatting. Are you seeing both? Could you have "hidden" your skyway chat with the second button?

If the problem persists, then I'm afraid I may have to direct you to Customer Support. They may have some further recommendations.

Lieutenant
May 09, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on May 17, 2014 wrote:
Hmm. Well, I was just in Skull Island Skyway and had a nice conversation over skyway chat on Avery realm with a couple of Pirates (Really nice to meet them, actually!)

Now, just to be sure . . . there are two buttons near the top left corner. One is a toggle to show/hide skyway chat. The other is the button to start chatting. Are you seeing both? Could you have "hidden" your skyway chat with the second button?

If the problem persists, then I'm afraid I may have to direct you to Customer Support. They may have some further recommendations.
I don't know about other people but I tried it out and it worked for me. I was also in the same skyway as one eyed jack.

Smart Todd Wright
Noble Ryan Thompson
Loyal Garret Jones
Cautious Joshua Ironside

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
One-Eyed Jack on May 17, 2014 wrote:

You know what? I did hit the toggle to show/hide the captain's Skyway Chat by mistake. I thought it was the Skyway Chat button, but I guess I was mistaken. Ha ha. Oops. I thought there was problems with the Skyway Chat, but now, I guess I made a little mishap and solved it on my own. I'm sorry. Didn't notice the other that shows/hides my Skyway Chat. Thanks for guiding me, though!

Administrator
Oh good!