Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

When do you think the next book come out?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2014
I was disappointed to know that the updating coming to P101 was an Improvement update. Blind Mew said that he'd be surprised if it took another whole year, so that's very unlikely. Is there any ideas of when the book will come out?

I predict it'll come out in Late Summer or Early Fall. It might even take until December as a Christmas present to us!

While I wait, i'm going to be working on other pirates, finishing side-quests, playing other games, etc.

To KingsIsle: This question may be a no, but will you tell us what update is coming up next to P101, Extension or improvement? You don't want many people to be disappointed to see an improvement update when they were waiting for (a) new book(s). Though I doubt you'll be improving the game for a long, long time. (Like 2-4 extensions then improvement.)

Petty Alicia Cog, Level 65
Lofty Shelby Vinter, Level 24

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
itsamemario4 on May 9, 2014 wrote:
I was disappointed to know that the updating coming to P101 was an Improvement update. Blind Mew said that he'd be surprised if it took another whole year, so that's very unlikely. Is there any ideas of when the book will come out?

I predict it'll come out in Late Summer or Early Fall. It might even take until December as a Christmas present to us!

While I wait, i'm going to be working on other pirates, finishing side-quests, playing other games, etc.

To KingsIsle: This question may be a no, but will you tell us what update is coming up next to P101, Extension or improvement? You don't want many people to be disappointed to see an improvement update when they were waiting for (a) new book(s). Though I doubt you'll be improving the game for a long, long time. (Like 2-4 extensions then improvement.)

Petty Alicia Cog, Level 65
Lofty Shelby Vinter, Level 24
I was anticipating Book 15, too, but I accepted Blind Mew's words that we have to wait a little longer for it to come out. And I highly doubt that it would be another year for it to come, but I would be very shocked beyond belief. Anyways, no, it's not going to be another year for Book 15 to come out.

They can't tell how far it's close to completion of Book 15, but I can say this while we wait a little more longer... it's getting close. Not sure how much, but it is getting close. You know, your estimated numbers of improvement updates don't truly span of how long we get an extension update. The odds of established estimates are very, very fickle.

The next update on Test right now is an improvement update, and a large one, at that, too. And I'm quite amazed to see how well it's shaping up to be one of the best Pirate101 updates yet.

Here's the differences between improvement updates and extension updates. Extension updates brings out big chunks of content, like new Books for the game's major storyline arc, higher level cap, much more new quests, etc., while improvement updates bring out improvements to make our experience better than it is on Live, like revised instance encounters by extending the quest with new enemy and boss encounters, new quest goals, maybe new puzzles to solve (which we don't see any in Pirate101's dungeons... yet, like how Wizard101 does), new systems, new activities, improving gameplay flow, etc.

The P101 team can't do both of these at the same time... not right now, anyway. I know it's very bothersome to much of us Pirates who play the game who wishes for them to do both, but, they have to choose either one update type. I've still hopes and thoughts that one day, just maybe, one day, the P101 team would be having more developers to join their team, and the team would become large enough to perhaps do both of these update types at the same time. We can all hope for that to happen one day, I guess.

Anyway, they are doing a fine job in ridding annoyances that bothered much of us Pirates, many from beta, and much from launch, or both.

We just have to have faith, belief, and patience in them. I know it's been much of a long wait, but we have to keep waiting just a little longer. Trust them. The wait will be worth it.

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2014
Trimond297 on May 11, 2014 wrote:
I was anticipating Book 15, too, but I accepted Blind Mew's words that we have to wait a little longer for it to come out. And I highly doubt that it would be another year for it to come, but I would be very shocked beyond belief. Anyways, no, it's not going to be another year for Book 15 to come out.

They can't tell how far it's close to completion of Book 15, but I can say this while we wait a little more longer... it's getting close. Not sure how much, but it is getting close. You know, your estimated numbers of improvement updates don't truly span of how long we get an extension update. The odds of established estimates are very, very fickle.

The next update on Test right now is an improvement update, and a large one, at that, too. And I'm quite amazed to see how well it's shaping up to be one of the best Pirate101 updates yet.

Here's the differences between improvement updates and extension updates. Extension updates brings out big chunks of content, like new Books for the game's major storyline arc, higher level cap, much more new quests, etc., while improvement updates bring out improvements to make our experience better than it is on Live, like revised instance encounters by extending the quest with new enemy and boss encounters, new quest goals, maybe new puzzles to solve (which we don't see any in Pirate101's dungeons... yet, like how Wizard101 does), new systems, new activities, improving gameplay flow, etc.

The P101 team can't do both of these at the same time... not right now, anyway. I know it's very bothersome to much of us Pirates who play the game who wishes for them to do both, but, they have to choose either one update type. I've still hopes and thoughts that one day, just maybe, one day, the P101 team would be having more developers to join their team, and the team would become large enough to perhaps do both of these update types at the same time. We can all hope for that to happen one day, I guess.

Anyway, they are doing a fine job in ridding annoyances that bothered much of us Pirates, many from beta, and much from launch, or both.

We just have to have faith, belief, and patience in them. I know it's been much of a long wait, but we have to keep waiting just a little longer. Trust them. The wait will be worth it.
Yes, yes, I was happy that an update was coming, only to find out it was just an improvement update. I don't think it'll take next year for the book to come either.

And I do agree how the "real" update is coming close, but close we don't know. Blind Mew did say "A little longer" meaning like a few more months.

They did do well at getting rid of the rough spots of this game to smoothen them, i'll give them that. And i'll be patient. However, to me it's not easy to work on another pirate since you've done everything before. Do you have an estimated time when it MAY come out?

Oh, and would you be willing to help out my low level pirates? My witch is going through the ENDLESS Cool Ranch, and this is just too much Cool Ranch...

Petty Alicia Cog, level 65
Lofty Shelby Vinter, level 24
Timid Heather Bristol, level 9
Dreaming Aurora Silver, level 5
Cruel Sarah Leech, level 1

These are my pirates. My Buccaneer and Swashbuckler are going to have to go through the SIEQ's (Skull Island Expansion Quests), whilst the others do not. My Musketeer is maxed, but adding me on her would be an advantage.

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
I think they might have released the spring update earlier then they thought they needed to, so I estimate that the next book is likely to arrive late this year, they have finished working on the Morganthe ark in wizard101, so they might be able to focus on pirate101 at least until the next book/s come out :d