Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

This is TSO Annoying!

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
My level 38 privateer has been stuck on the Wild rice quest for a while now. Having sunk 9 ships, i have only got ONE of the 4 wild rice. I don't understand what i'm doing wrong, this quest is up there for the top 3 most annoying quests along with "That was yesterday". On a side note, what is your most annoying quest? Mine definitely is the that was yesterday "inoishi bandit key" quest, it took forever.
2nd would have to be the wild rice quest. Its taking me so long to complete on my privy. Third place would be the "Range war" quest where we have to do the 2 hour dungeon and fight buck bronco. I mean, just saying the phrase "Bronco busting" sends a chill down any pirate's spine.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
It seems Kings isle have lowered the drop rate on these quests. I was lucky to obtain the key with 3 other players,as for wild rice it took me 15 Tso ships to get all four wild rice.Same thing to the Valencia crystal 15 Armada ships in Moo Shu and the" are you chicken quest ." Seriously 15 Red Sash ships for my Swashbuckler until she obtained the iteam, 2 Red Sash ships for my Buccaneer and got the iteam, and read this 101 Red Sash ships for my witchdoctor and still did not get the iteam. That is a record number of sunk ships in one quest without collecting ( reminded me of the Zafaria quest in wizard101 ). Just imagine when my Privateer and Musketeer, will access this quest some day.

These are the most annoying quests to date.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Monkrinx2024 on May 10, 2014 wrote:
It seems Kings isle have lowered the drop rate on these quests. I was lucky to obtain the key with 3 other players,as for wild rice it took me 15 Tso ships to get all four wild rice.Same thing to the Valencia crystal 15 Armada ships in Moo Shu and the" are you chicken quest ." Seriously 15 Red Sash ships for my Swashbuckler until she obtained the iteam, 2 Red Sash ships for my Buccaneer and got the iteam, and read this 101 Red Sash ships for my witchdoctor and still did not get the iteam. That is a record number of sunk ships in one quest without collecting ( reminded me of the Zafaria quest in wizard101 ). Just imagine when my Privateer and Musketeer, will access this quest some day.

These are the most annoying quests to date.
Yes, it's annoying, but think of it this way - the nautical exp you're getting will help you get that new powerful ship before other players who 'whiz' through those quests. So actually, that's not so bad is it?

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
DeathWiz101378 on May 9, 2014 wrote:
My level 38 privateer has been stuck on the Wild rice quest for a while now. Having sunk 9 ships, i have only got ONE of the 4 wild rice. I don't understand what i'm doing wrong, this quest is up there for the top 3 most annoying quests along with "That was yesterday". On a side note, what is your most annoying quest? Mine definitely is the that was yesterday "inoishi bandit key" quest, it took forever.
2nd would have to be the wild rice quest. Its taking me so long to complete on my privy. Third place would be the "Range war" quest where we have to do the 2 hour dungeon and fight buck bronco. I mean, just saying the phrase "Bronco busting" sends a chill down any pirate's spine.
Love the pun on the title, I'm one of the few people who loves puns and they don't annoy me (but pretty much nothing annoys me so...) but my three most annoying were (providing tip if I can)
That was yesterday. Tip, go for the pigs near the cave, seems as if they have a higher drop rate.
Wild rice, tip I know I say this allot but get friends to help you with this, you sink ships faster and get more chances to get rice
That Bumballon be quest, tip(s) again get friends and this only happend once but I got 2 Bumballon bees!
Train your companions so they can take them out easier, get a big ship, I suggest the skull island galleon there's more room on deck so you can have more room to run around and stay back and heal if you need to or If your a privy you can stay back and buff and not get hurt.

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
anecorbie on May 10, 2014 wrote:
Yes, it's annoying, but think of it this way - the nautical exp you're getting will help you get that new powerful ship before other players who 'whiz' through those quests. So actually, that's not so bad is it?
Meh, but still, seeing that daunting "Try again" every time you do a tedious ship battle could tick anyone else. I know it's for the greater good but i had to do 16 of those ships (got someone to help for the last 5) just to get the rice, and i only got like 2 nautical levels. I don't think it was worth it.

Lieutenant
Feb 01, 2011
The "holy water" quest in Monquista was a pain (another ridiculously low drop rate), but I just put it aside until I was a very high level, then went back to Monquista and just tore through their ships...still took a while, but much quicker than if I tried it back when I first got the quest.