Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Die hard water mole slingmen

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 29, 2013
I have been using my level 65 buccaneer to help level up my lower level pirates on my other accounts when I came across something strange. I was defeating rebel water moles in the flooded tunnels off of the gold mine when I noticed that my level 65 buccaneer and companions were doing around the same amount of damage as my level 14 buccaneer and privateer, but ONLY on the rebel water mole slingman. Time after time I would critical and do around 400 damage on the spearman and witchdoctors and then blade storm and critical 70-90 damage on the slingman. My level 14 pirates and companions would do a little less damage when they critical but not much lower. Sorry if this has already been reported, I have not seen it anywhere yet. Not a big issue and it was entertaining, those slingmen seemed to want to stick around for a beating, they should know better than to challenge a buccaneer YAR!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
silenceplease23 on May 5, 2014 wrote:
I have been using my level 65 buccaneer to help level up my lower level pirates on my other accounts when I came across something strange. I was defeating rebel water moles in the flooded tunnels off of the gold mine when I noticed that my level 65 buccaneer and companions were doing around the same amount of damage as my level 14 buccaneer and privateer, but ONLY on the rebel water mole slingman. Time after time I would critical and do around 400 damage on the spearman and witchdoctors and then blade storm and critical 70-90 damage on the slingman. My level 14 pirates and companions would do a little less damage when they critical but not much lower. Sorry if this has already been reported, I have not seen it anywhere yet. Not a big issue and it was entertaining, those slingmen seemed to want to stick around for a beating, they should know better than to challenge a buccaneer YAR!
It's not a bug. They put a cap on the damage received to a max of what level should be fighting them to prevent players from power leveling.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
hi, I can help with this somewhat...
almost all bosses have a safety shield attached to them, this shield prevents them from being 1 shotted and dyinig within one hit. this is fairly common with all the bosses for lower levels. how there is a way past this

1 the shield prevents PLAYER damage, it doesn't prevent companions
2: true damage isn't affected either (poison, bleeding, aka something that isn't stopped by armor/resistance)
3: any traps work on these people as well, ignoring the shield

I have noticed this before but never said anything, because I believe the game has its limits for high level players assisting lower ones ;)

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
This is working as intended. They implemented damage caps in order to prevent "speedy" progress when assisting other lower leveled pirates. Sad to say they haven't done so in Wizard101, but I guess it was bound to happen on here.

Ensign
Sep 19, 2012
Logan Sharp on May 5, 2014 wrote:
hi, I can help with this somewhat...
almost all bosses have a safety shield attached to them, this shield prevents them from being 1 shotted and dyinig within one hit. this is fairly common with all the bosses for lower levels. how there is a way past this

1 the shield prevents PLAYER damage, it doesn't prevent companions
2: true damage isn't affected either (poison, bleeding, aka something that isn't stopped by armor/resistance)
3: any traps work on these people as well, ignoring the shield

I have noticed this before but never said anything, because I believe the game has its limits for high level players assisting lower ones ;)
Hi I have noticed the bosses have a lot of resistance, which I believe is normal. I was however not aware that this high resistance applied to the regular enemies also. It seems like it is just the water mole slingmen enemies who have a higher resistance-and they are not bosses.

It does make sense that there would be some resistance for higher level players helping lower level pirates, but my question is this...

Why do the water mole slingmen (who are NOT bosses) have such a high resistance, when the water mole spearmen and witchdoctors do not. And if we were talking about resistance, shouldn't the spearmen have a higher resistance, as they are buccaneer class. Usually musketeer enemies do not have as much resistance as the buccaneer enemies. (just to clarify I am not including bosses in this group, just regular 'defeat x amount' of enemies). Hope that makes sense.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Yay more balance in the game!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Developer
Thanks so much for this bug report!

I found a few other offenders and fixed them, too.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
alexis2383 on May 6, 2014 wrote:
Hi I have noticed the bosses have a lot of resistance, which I believe is normal. I was however not aware that this high resistance applied to the regular enemies also. It seems like it is just the water mole slingmen enemies who have a higher resistance-and they are not bosses.

It does make sense that there would be some resistance for higher level players helping lower level pirates, but my question is this...

Why do the water mole slingmen (who are NOT bosses) have such a high resistance, when the water mole spearmen and witchdoctors do not. And if we were talking about resistance, shouldn't the spearmen have a higher resistance, as they are buccaneer class. Usually musketeer enemies do not have as much resistance as the buccaneer enemies. (just to clarify I am not including bosses in this group, just regular 'defeat x amount' of enemies). Hope that makes sense.
As mentioned before, it is not resistance nor armor. It is a damage cap placed on bosses in order to prevent quick defeats when in boss fights. As for the slingmen, it's probably a bug they have to fix, or maybe it is also intended to prevent quick progress with smaller pirates.

You should be able to one shot many of the other low level enemies, but not the bosses.

The damage cap also applies to all companions.