Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A strange pet?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 26, 2013
I heard the blood bats from cool ranch and other places would be a new pet like in wizard 101, are the game makers making them a pet or is that just a rumor?

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Ignacio213 on May 2, 2014 wrote:
I heard the blood bats from cool ranch and other places would be a new pet like in wizard 101, are the game makers making them a pet or is that just a rumor?
I haven't seen a Blood Bat pet or heard of any of them being in game.

Maybe Decius will respond and answer us as I am eager to find out

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
So far we have not had any of our expert pet wranglers capture and tame a blood bat yet. I will make sure to put it on my list of pets to tame in the future, but that list is LONG. So please don't hold your breath.

Ensign
Jul 26, 2013
Thanks for replying and I assure you I wont hold my breath for long.

Ensign
Jan 30, 2011
Decius Duelmaster on May 6, 2014 wrote:
So far we have not had any of our expert pet wranglers capture and tame a blood bat yet. I will make sure to put it on my list of pets to tame in the future, but that list is LONG. So please don't hold your breath.
How many pets have you tamed so far Decius

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Sunshine pirate on May 7, 2014 wrote:
How many pets have you tamed so far Decius
Between the loyal and normal version of a pet there are about 250 different pets, including legacy pets that are no longer available to acquire. Not including the legacy pets there are over 150 pets that can be obtained.
We have our pet tamers working on another dozen or so right now to be tamed and released into the wild "later".

I will be at the arena all day, come play a practice match!

Ensign
Jul 10, 2009
Decius Duelmaster on May 12, 2014 wrote:
Between the loyal and normal version of a pet there are about 250 different pets, including legacy pets that are no longer available to acquire. Not including the legacy pets there are over 150 pets that can be obtained.
We have our pet tamers working on another dozen or so right now to be tamed and released into the wild "later".

This is a bit off-topic but is the pink jacklope-looking thing with a blue unicorn horn a real pet? And if it is, where I can I get one?

Ivette Xavier, 55

Community Leader
Decius Duelmaster on May 12, 2014 wrote:

Decius, including and excluding Legacy Pets (since I'm not sure what that means), how many of those are hybrids and how many of those are game card pets?

Legacy as in the Loyal pets? Why are they not available to be acquired again?

Thanks!

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Kelsey I won't spoil any of the surprise by just telling you all how to get our special morphed hybrid pets, you have to find those on your own.

And yes the "legacy pets" are the loyal versions, or what they were. You can get "new" versions of them, but not the loyal version. This way they aren't locked into what they had before. If you notice an old crawlie might have had a max stat of say 45. When we converted it to the loyal version its stat was set to what it was before. When you morph it with something else you do not get the loyal version, but one that has a chance of having higher stats or stat caps.

When doing the conversion from old pets to loyal pets I didn't want to take away anything you had earned. But I also didn't want to limit your ability to make a better pet when morphing in the future.

Does that make sense?

Community Leader
Kelsey Fireheart on May 20, 2014 wrote:
Decius, including and excluding Legacy Pets (since I'm not sure what that means), how many of those are hybrids and how many of those are game card pets?

Legacy as in the Loyal pets? Why are they not available to be acquired again?

Thanks!
Legacy means pets that were Retired from the Game, Removed from Loot Tables, Removed from the Crowns Shop, etc.

Visit Adventures of the Spiral today for tips and tricks on how to improve your gameplay.
Community Leader
Decius Duelmaster on May 20, 2014 wrote:
Kelsey I won't spoil any of the surprise by just telling you all how to get our special morphed hybrid pets, you have to find those on your own.

And yes the "legacy pets" are the loyal versions, or what they were. You can get "new" versions of them, but not the loyal version. This way they aren't locked into what they had before. If you notice an old crawlie might have had a max stat of say 45. When we converted it to the loyal version its stat was set to what it was before. When you morph it with something else you do not get the loyal version, but one that has a chance of having higher stats or stat caps.

When doing the conversion from old pets to loyal pets I didn't want to take away anything you had earned. But I also didn't want to limit your ability to make a better pet when morphing in the future.

Does that make sense?
Ah gotcha. Also this means if I raise any pet to max level of 65, they won't receive the loyal status like my previous ones. That makes sense to me completely.

Since I saw some new game card pets in practice pvp, when will they be brought out for us to purchase? Seemed like there was quite a LOT of new ones, esp ones with December holiday themed names. Will you create ones for Halloween with Spooky names, Patriotic names for 4th of July, etc etc?

I don't wanna know how to get those special hybrids. I just wondered how many were there. I'm just hoping that there is actually quite a bit. Not a few. I wanna figure out how to produce those new hybrids on my own. I'm setting up a chart and figuring out theories on what pets to use together. It's kinda fun!

I do have one more question regarding making hybrids. Are you going to make a more complicated hatching system for hybrids? Not sure how to explain it. But for instance, you get two pets and you create a hybrid. Then that Hybrid with another pet can create ANOTHER hybrid. Or are you gonna stick with Wizard101's model of only producing hybrids within the first generation or however you say it?

Thanks!

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Community Leader
Regarding the Loyal pets, I got something strange. I was able to produce a Loyal Green Baubloon hatchling? I thought Loyal ones are supposed to be the ones that were "changed" as test came to live? Is this a bug or?