Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Phules personalities

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
My question is what's up with Phule? he's creepy and when we meet him I got the impression he wasn't made well... Right. He has two personalities which separates him from all the other clockworks, (reminds me of Gollum from The Lord of the rings) it seems as if he knows things that others don't but doesn't tell the other elites. And from what I can tell he's more powerful than Rooke or bishop in his own way (he's doing his own thing which we don't know of which could make him more deadly than he seems) But what scares me most is that even though he may look defective it's quite the opposite, he can say things that may sound ridicules but probably mean something and we might not want to know what that something is. So again what's his deal

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TheDragonspyrePira... on May 1, 2014 wrote:
My question is what's up with Phule? he's creepy and when we meet him I got the impression he wasn't made well... Right. He has two personalities which separates him from all the other clockworks, (reminds me of Gollum from The Lord of the rings) it seems as if he knows things that others don't but doesn't tell the other elites. And from what I can tell he's more powerful than Rooke or bishop in his own way (he's doing his own thing which we don't know of which could make him more deadly than he seems) But what scares me most is that even though he may look defective it's quite the opposite, he can say things that may sound ridicules but probably mean something and we might not want to know what that something is. So again what's his deal
Great post, Jack! Yeah, Phule is an absolutely fasinating personality. He may display a divided outlook, but I believe he's united in loyalty to Kane and 'the Grand Design' and his utter loathing of us. He's using a 'good cop - bad cop' routine to mess with your head. When he congratulates us in becoming a thorn in Kane's side; he's NOT complimenting us, I believe he's joyfuly contemplating what Kane will do to us if we ever fall into his hands ( shudder ). Kane doesn't suffer thorns for long, I'm sure!

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
I think Phule is my favourite clockwork elite, I really think KI did a great job of making him creepy and staying true to his role of court fool. Traditionally, the court fool is allowed to get away with a lot more than anyother member of the court. This is simply because the court fool, is a fool, so he's given a lot more freedom and independance. Classical novels, Shakepearian plays, and such often include a court fool that is allowed to insult, disagree, or be horribly honest with the court leaders. And the court looks away because everybody knows that the fool is extremely loyal to the court and doesn't really mean what ever he's saying. Besides which, often in medivial courts, the fool was actually someone who suffered from mental disabilities, which meant that the members of the court somewhat took pity on the fool, and often considered the court fool to be someone who didn't even understand exactly what they were doing, even if this was far from true.

I think Phule somewhat occupies this position. He is a character who for whatever reason is allowed to be more honest about the dealings of Kane's Court, he provided a bit of a balance and is allowed to disagree with Kane because he is the fool, and may not be completely aware of what he's saying in the eyes of Kane and his other elites.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
I believe Phule isn't as bad as we think he is, while at the same time he is our worst enemy.

The Good Phule could turn out to be are greatest ally in our time of need
While the Bad Phule could betray us in our time of need.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Rachel Dreamsong on May 12, 2014 wrote:
I believe Phule isn't as bad as we think he is, while at the same time he is our worst enemy.

The Good Phule could turn out to be are greatest ally in our time of need
While the Bad Phule could betray us in our time of need.
Don't 'Phule' yourself, he's not our friend.

Petty Officer
Aug 27, 2010
anecorbie on May 12, 2014 wrote:
Don't 'Phule' yourself, he's not our friend.
But he could be an ally.