Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Is the Tribal Crew Pack worth it?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 09, 2009
Hi everybody!

I know its been a while since my last post but I wanted to ask everyone if they though the tribal crew pack was worth it. I have been wanting those Aztecan companions for a while, but didn't want to waste a lot of crowns with none of them. Please feel free to respond

The Loyal Swashbuckler
Noble Ryan Thompson

Ensign
Aug 23, 2009
If the only thing you want out of the pack are the companions, then no they aren't worth the gamble and will most likely frustrate you, as the drop rare for them is very low.

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
I think it's worth it, allot of people have managed to get a companion or two from the tribal crew pack, some have managed to get all five, I think that most people buy the Tribal Crew Pack just for the companions, but it's also handy as it drops treasures that sell for allot of gold, training points to train your companions and a good chance at dropping a mount or pet, as well as Azteca inspired housing items :P It's definitely worth it in my opinion.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
The Loyal Swashbuc... on Apr 30, 2014 wrote:
Hi everybody!

I know its been a while since my last post but I wanted to ask everyone if they though the tribal crew pack was worth it. I have been wanting those Aztecan companions for a while, but didn't want to waste a lot of crowns with none of them. Please feel free to respond

The Loyal Swashbuckler
Noble Ryan Thompson
Hello Ryan! Good to see you posting again.

In regards to the Aztecosaur companions being worth the crowns (aka- money) and frustrations of purchasing the card packs. My opinion is no- overall they are not worth it ...but you have to decide what their worth is based on, to you personally. I was 'lucky' enough to receive all 5 Aztecosaur companions, but it took a good bit of money/crowns, a lot of patience and a good bit of hair pulling.

For the sakes of rarity and "cool factor", I would say they are worth it- but if crowns are hard to come by, then I wouldn't go and blow the precious ones you have all on the packs. There is a very good and real chance you can spend 75,000-100,000+ crowns and not receive any at all...and that can surely be disappointing and extremely frustrating. But there is that chance that you could get 2 in 20,000-30,000. If crowns are difficult to obtain, then you have to ask yourself the question, "am I prepared to risk using them all, just for the 'chance' at a Supercool, Epically-Rare companion." Or perhaps would you benefit more in the game from using the crowns on other high-powered Crown Shop companions or other items? I was fortunate enough to have been able to set aside some money for crowns-- from working hard, I always allow myself some 'personal funds' to have some 'personal fun' with, and P101 got my vote as far as spending, this time.

Now the big draw to obtaining and owning them is because of their cool factor, rarity and just to say that you have them (I also just happen to like Dinosaurs and Aztec history & culture). But, truth be told, they really don't stand out in the battle field any more than your heaviest hitters of each respective class. For the most part they are right on par with the top companions of each class. A couple of them do have some extra powers and Epic Talents that do come in handy, but they are not make or break companions by any means.

Also I am sure you have seen that the items you get from the packs also don't stand out and are subpar to anything you can earn in the game. Most of that you end up selling off, presumably to use for Training Tomes, houses/décor, and/or (like myself) to give to my low level pirates to sell. You will get lots of pets-- Scrimshaw Drake, Spiny Serpent, Deathstalker Scorpion-- and some mounts-- Hunting Puma, Golden Jaguar, Ankylosaurs (3 colors)-- but they are not a big enough reason to invest all your crowns and money into seeking companion gold.

For me, the biggest plus to going after the companions, was that- in the last attempt- I went from having 31 companion training points to 131 training points, so my crew, when the new worlds arrive, will be well taken care of. But with the new companion system, you can earn tomes...though they surely will take much longer to obtain.

All in all, I say that if you have limited access to crowns- save them for other purchases. If Crowns are easy to come by...then go for it!

Either way, best of luck to you!

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Heheheh, well.........I had to spend $100+ just to get ONE Aztecasaur, but I CAN recommend the pack for pets! If you buy lots of packs and get tons of pets, you'll be in really good shape for the Advanced Pets update coming out soon, especially if you're Lvl. 65! I have almost FIFTY pets, and I am ready for this new update! So, for companions, not really, but for pets, GO FOR IT!!

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
The Loyal Swashbuc... on Apr 30, 2014 wrote:
Hi everybody!

The Loyal Swashbuckler
Noble Ryan Thompson
I know several people who have gotten one on there first try, and a few others who I happend to meet questing to. I also got the witchdoctor one on my first try, it's really about luck some people are lucky some aren't, unfortanaily my luck ran out because no mater how long I farm for something I can't get it. One of my friends can't seem to get anything besides rare drops even if he wasn't farming for them. He has to much luck. You never know if you'll get it so try a few packs until you think you've spent enough. So if you want buy a few and see and if you feel like you should buy more go ahead, but be warned it's like the lottery you probably won't strike rich at first.

Petty Officer
Sep 24, 2013
Wait until they go on sale for half price before you even try to get one of those companions. That would be the only time I'd even consider buying tribal packs if that's all I wanted. But personally, I think you'd be better off farming Gortez 25 times in 4 hours and buying him while he's on sale this weekend for 30% off (I just did tonight). Or buying the Empire Bundle for $39 and getting Nausica than any of those Aztec Companions.

Lieutenant
May 09, 2009
Thank you everyone for the answers.It helps a lot with making these kinds of choices. I think I might just stick to getting a couple every now and then and see if i get lucky.

Once again, thank you
The Loyal Swashbuckler
Noble Ryan Thompson

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
i had 2000 spare crowns and tried
i got a bunch of treasures useless gear and housing items at first but then i got a pet and 2 mounts its good for mounts but companions you have arouund 5% chance altough you get alot of gold

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
It's worth it, although I only got a few of this packs. I manage to get 4 anklyosaur mounts, 2 yellow and one of each red and green. They are really cool items to receive. There are also pets I have received, including a scrimshaw drake a hard to get pet, and 2 green scorpions.It's mostly luck I received these items.

As for companions, they are really hard to received due to the very low rate of recruiting these mighty companions.Most players may only recive 1 or 2 of the aztca companions,but having all five was once an impossible achievement,but a lucky few players did it, congrats. So if this the iteam you are trying for, it's going to be a long shot.Good luck finding these dinos.

Ensign
Apr 28, 2012
It is worth it because off of about 10 packs i got one compaion and a mount. I have play wizard101 and drops were hard to get good off of. Pirate 101 tripled the chances. So it is worth it.
Tomas oreans